Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Spoilers inbound! TCW Season 6 discussion thread!

fellblade's Avatar


fellblade
03.25.2014 , 12:32 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Hoh? When did she say anything about not using the Force?
When She was about to drain the Queen with the REALLY Bad taste in men - She was saying that she could use the power that the Orb Collects to become more powerful than any Sith or any Jedi.
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.25.2014 , 12:42 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
When She was about to drain the Queen with the REALLY Bad taste in men - She was saying that she could use the power that the Orb Collects to become more powerful than any Sith or any Jedi.
Because its filled with Force Energy....

I don't follow.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
03.25.2014 , 03:01 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Because its filled with Force Energy....

I don't follow.
She uses dark magik.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.25.2014 , 03:15 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
She uses dark magik.
This is merely their means and description of drawing on the Force, they and Mother Talzin still use the Force and recognize that they are using the Force. However they perceive it and define it in a different way.

Essence_of_Light's Avatar


Essence_of_Light
03.25.2014 , 03:22 PM | #125
I agree with TCW being continued. At the very least Disney could of let them finish Season 6 and call it there, but what we got instead is an incomplete season. Disney just couldn't share with Cartoon Network could they? Or was it because they wanted Dave to work on Rebels for them instead of TCW?

Either way, Disney are jerks for not letting TCW finish, especially since it was doing so well and at its peak.

/facepalm Disney

I won't be watching SW: Rebels due to 2 reasons. It seems too much like a watered down version of TCW (as it was season 4-6) for kiddies with bland characters. The 2nd reason is that my TV provider doesn't have Disney XD, and as far as I know it will not be coming on Netflix.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

fellblade's Avatar


fellblade
03.25.2014 , 04:09 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Because its filled with Force Energy....

I don't follow.
Mother Talzins Quote was:
"It may help you to know, however - That I am not a Natural Force User like the Jedi or Sith - I use Dark Magic to achieve Power......."
So She does recognise and know about the Force - but she doesn't seem to think that what she does is 'The Force' per se...... As I said, could this just be down to her perception of her abilities and because they are somewhat different to What most Jedi and Sith do (although It does seem quite a bit like the more esoteric type Sith Sorcery to me), that she differentiates her 'Dark Magic' from 'The Force'?
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.25.2014 , 04:16 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
Whatever it is - she seems to be a Match for Mace Windu.....
Could just be the fire sword. I mean, who the heck uses a fire sword?

Edit: Plus there wasn't much focus on the duel.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.25.2014 , 04:32 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
Mother Talzins Quote was:
"It may help you to know, however - That I am not a Natural Force User like the Jedi or Sith - I use Dark Magic to achieve Power......."
So She does recognise and know about the Force - but she doesn't seem to think that what she does is 'The Force' per se...... As I said, could this just be down to her perception of her abilities and because they are somewhat different to What most Jedi and Sith do (although It does seem quite a bit like the more esoteric type Sith Sorcery to me), that she differentiates her 'Dark Magic' from 'The Force'?
OK let me quote some stuff from Mother Talzin's Wild Power in the Book of Sith:

Other groups, like those of the Jedi and the Sith, use strange cold terms to describe the works of the spirits. They talk of the unifying Force and the living Force - of the light side and the dark side. We must forgive their ignorance, for they are not Shamans of Dathomir. Their leaders cannot understand such concepts without enduring a trail such as mine.

There is no need to separate what they call the living Force from the unifying Force. Both are manifestations of the Twin Deities, and both are vibrantly, overwhelming alive. This classification of light side and dark side is also misguided. Is it evil to kill? Would those that answer yes be satisfied if predators starved so grazers could strip the land unopposed only to die of famine? Is this the bloodless utopia envisioned by the moralistic Jedi?

...

Our abilities were bestowed by the spirits. The Winged Goddess and the Fanged God bestow the passive and aggressive energies that animate every creature and allow each to draw breath. Would you choose to deny yourself? Do not limit your scope by obeying artificial rules.

Spirit ichor, the green glowing smoke that Mother Talzin conjures is supposedly the essence of the Winged Goddess. But essentially what she refers to as Dark Magic is Force energy nonetheless she just refers to it differently. She also probably believes that through her beliefs she has a greater connection to the spirits which is why she is not "natural".

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
03.25.2014 , 05:19 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
I agree with TCW being continued. At the very least Disney could of let them finish Season 6 and call it there, but what we got instead is an incomplete season. Disney just couldn't share with Cartoon Network could they? Or was it because they wanted Dave to work on Rebels for them instead of TCW?

Either way, Disney are jerks for not letting TCW finish, especially since it was doing so well and at its peak.

/facepalm Disney

I won't be watching SW: Rebels due to 2 reasons. It seems too much like a watered down version of TCW (as it was season 4-6) for kiddies with bland characters. The 2nd reason is that my TV provider doesn't have Disney XD, and as far as I know it will not be coming on Netflix.
Well as for reason #2, it'll be on YouTube not long after each episode airs. I mean hell, all of Season 6 of TCW is on YouTube already haha.

But yeah, at this point IF I ever bother watching that Disney-Era Star Wars show, it would be just to look for references to TCW.

Essence_of_Light's Avatar


Essence_of_Light
03.25.2014 , 05:23 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Well as for reason #2, it'll be on YouTube not long after each episode airs. I mean hell, all of Season 6 of TCW is on YouTube already haha.

But yeah, at this point IF I ever bother watching that Disney-Era Star Wars show, it would be just to look for references to TCW.
I'm with you on that one. I'll only be watching the episodes with ties to TCW such as Ashoka, and Echo (he is not dead; confirmed by Dave. Too bad they never got to explain how, and his reaction to Fives' death).
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!