Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Ascending Empire vs Droid Supremacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Ascending Empire vs Droid Supremacy

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
03.03.2014 , 05:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
You are correct that the Order can only come from the Supreme Chancellor himself.

However if one were to manage to impersonate Sidious, this would also work.
Or in this case Mothma, since Mothma is now the Supreme chancellor and I believe that for the sake of the Kaggath like we do to droids, the Loyalty of the clones is 100% to her.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.03.2014 , 05:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I think the Techno Union would defect on its own as well, as I point out in my first post.
I don't know about that. The main reason the Techno Union will likely not defect is because their factory is under Republic control. They'd have to abandon it and smuggle their entire operation out of Ascending Empire territory without being caught. And probably lose assets in the process.

On the other hand they are already making profit from supplying the AE.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.03.2014 , 05:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Or in this case Mothma, since Mothma is now the Supreme chancellor and I believe that for the sake of the Kaggath like we do to droids, the Loyalty of the clones is 100% to her.
Then just have PROXY impersonate Mon Mothma and give Order 66. There's no fall-back, "lol just kidding" plan for Order 66. Once it's done, it's done. There's no way to reserve it and make the clones buddy-buddy with the Jedi again.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.03.2014 , 05:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Or in this case Mothma, since Mothma is now the Supreme chancellor and I believe that for the sake of the Kaggath like we do to droids, the Loyalty of the clones is 100% to her.
Actually your right there, the order puts the power in the hands of the Supreme Chancellor, not Palpatine himself.

However PROXY imitating Mothma is far from impossible.

But lets put that on the back burner for now.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.03.2014 , 05:22 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
The 212th Clone troopers didn't disobey the order.
Different circumstances.

Jedi had defected to the separatists before, mainly as spies, but the clones didn't know that. When an order comes from the supreme chancellor, to execute a general (you don't know it's happening all over the galaxy) because the Jedi have tried to take over the republic, you shoot and ask questions later.

Here, it's 2 Jedi and a few IK, and one of the most peaceful leaders in galactic history, there's no way they'd be as head first shooty as they were during order 66, it just doesn't make sense.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.03.2014 , 05:22 PM | #26
Does PROXY even have Mon Mothma or Palpatine data? Why would he need it? He was a combat training droid, right? I don't think Starkiller was interested in a fight with a puny Senator.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.03.2014 , 05:23 PM | #27
Guys, guys. Order 66 debate on standby.

*FREEZE DEBATE*

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.03.2014 , 05:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't know about that. The main reason the Techno Union will likely not defect is because their factory is under Republic control. They'd have to abandon it and smuggle their entire operation out of Ascending Empire territory without being caught. And probably lose assets in the process.

On the other hand they are already making profit from supplying the AE.
Leave Balmorra, move to Geonosis? Doesn't sound like a bad trade off to me.

Aside from the monetary stuff, none of the Techno Union leaders like Mon Mothma, Obi-wan, or Plo Koon. Why would they work for them? Additionally, companies often look at the long term. If the AE wins, what happens? They go out of business, because their droids are no longer needed. The DS wins? There's going to be a HUGE demand for droids, and their business will soar.

So the Techno Union wouldn't want the AE to win for both personal and economic reasons.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.03.2014 , 05:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Actually your right there, the order puts the power in the hands of the Supreme Chancellor, not Palpatine himself.

However PROXY imitating Mothma is far from impossible.

But lets put that on the back burner for now.
Last post on the matter, but I'd assume that
A) The kaminoans can't inform the DS without having named Kaminoans
B) Mothma would erase that order completely.
C) The clones would try to capture the Jedi, as they had tried to with Krell etc.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.03.2014 , 05:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Does PROXY even have Mon Mothma or Palpatine data? Why would he need it? He was a combat training droid, right? I don't think Starkiller was interested in a fight with a puny Senator.
Boost of self esteem maybe for dueling Mothma?
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.