Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Useless Strike....

Comdriver
02.07.2014 , 03:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Corsiero View Post
Someone shop the words 'balance' onto the Russian guy with crazy hair that normally says 'aliens' and you'll have your answer.
Russian? If you mean this guy - I thought he was Greek

Are you new player and want to get some bonuses (about 4 000 CC worth) ?
Played SW:TOR before and want to play it again?
There is the solution! For more info visit http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

DaxCalvo
02.07.2014 , 03:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
So while OS is doing damage, you can't do anything else?
Death from Above stops you from doing other things, but fires instantly.

Orbital Strike lets you move while it's firing, but stops you from doing anything while you summon it.

Both take that time, just one takes it before and one during. Neither should be stronger than the other. The cost is the same.

Atlanis
02.07.2014 , 03:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by discbox View Post
Healing spec Sages do more damage with their instant AOE!

But this shows us that a headless chicken is responsible for balancing at BioWare. Well done!
Heal Sages have no Instant AoE, that would be the Balance Sage.

Btw. nice nerf Bioware, didnīt notice any changes in PvE. Well our two Commandoheals are happy like ****, that they can throw away there Sage/Scoundreltwinks for now and heal with their Mains again. In PvP Snipers are now on par, Scoundrels seem a bit to hard now, we will see about that

Telaan
02.07.2014 , 03:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamalzero View Post
Why i ask, why are you hell bent on nerffing the non-force user classes?????????
Lol

/5char
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Nkya
02.07.2014 , 03:58 AM | #15
Sages (healer and dps) have the Force Quake level 34 power, stunning weaks and dealing a fair amount of damage during 3 seconds. It monopolize the sage during the 3 second effect (but it can be stopped anytime) so they're unable to heal or deal consequent dps on strong or bosses. The power is costly, but can be spammed until the weak pack is dead. It's very efficient for this usage and this usage only.

As operative healer, I used orbital strike for the same purpose. It monopolized my healer during the 3s of cast and killed or seriously damaged the packs of weak. Damages were above the sage's power and the radius was larger but it had a delay and couldn't be spammed. Now the operative healer has no more ability to deal with pack by their own. The Obital strike takes a long time to be cast and don't kill anything, a grenade throwed after isn't enough to finish weak, none of them can be spammed. We just manage to generate more aggro trying to get rid of small mobs.

So we have to rely on DPS... We're doomed.

rbl_holmes
02.07.2014 , 04:28 AM | #16
They should have renamed it to Flour Bomb. Hey Corso bring the ship around and dump the cargo on this mob... "Sure thing boss. Now they're dumb, ugly and annoyed!"

ToMyMa
02.07.2014 , 04:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by rbl_holmes View Post
They should have renamed it to Flour Bomb. Hey Corso bring the ship around and dump the cargo on this mob... "Sure thing boss. Now they're dumb, ugly and annoyed!"

'Corso, more commonly referred to as the magnificent son of a gun'

AlaricSevGirl
02.07.2014 , 05:27 AM | #18
Yeah, totally pissed at Bioware over this one. If I wasn't an RPer with several characters, they would have lost me over this one. Honestly, it was the dumbest nerf they could have done especially for us healers who do dailies all alone and have to heal our tanking companion. Flyby was great to help alleviate the crowds before we started healing.
GSS Legacy, Jedi Covenant

EnderSeventyFour
02.07.2014 , 05:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by rbl_holmes View Post
One of the best post I've ever read here.

docbenwayddo
02.07.2014 , 05:56 AM | #20
I'm wondering when Makeb [Stage 1] Too Close to Home will be changed to be in line with the new flyby/orbital.

You should have to mark the tower for Orbital Strike 4 times to get the same damage / make sure it's destroyed.