Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

But how the hell they do this ? (Blizzard and WOW)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
But how the hell they do this ? (Blizzard and WOW)

illgot
02.06.2014 , 09:18 PM | #11
one of those subscriptions is mine.

I haven't played since the first expansion and didn't even hit max level during that time.

I just resubed to check out features like pet fights (pokemon), and their version of an appearance tab.

SWTOR has some major issues, not a single aspect of SWTOR expanded on the MMO genre and there are some really irritating design choices that games 10 years ago over came.

I play a lot of melee classes and one of my pet peeves in SWTOR is the column of red error text when fighting and chasing someone. That should have been fixed in beta.

World of Warcraft numbers ebb and flow because the game has a lot of content and a variety of casual and hard core features.

Callaron
02.06.2014 , 09:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
I tried again to play tonight, with less than stellaer results....(long queue for a pathetic group)

And today, Blizzard announced that WOW have gained subs during the last quarter. 200 000 subs. Sure you can rightly say ''meh, those are chinese subs that does not count'....

But the thing is, WOW have gained 200 000 subs without content since september while we are probably around 250 k subs total with new content....

Let's scream ''go back to the Pandas'' to your heart content. Once again, my point is that Blizzard is obviously doing something ''right'' at one point...
A lot of people are probably returning in anticipation of the upcoming update.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Solzean
02.06.2014 , 10:09 PM | #13
People also tend to return to WoW because of the friend factor. I don't like WoW and I decided to stop playing just because friends do. However, I just had 2 friends leave TOR and go back to WoW because they knew they could play with a lot of old friends there. That and they also were disappointed that they didnt see any good advances in story in the close future. (GSF was a flop with them although i love it.)

It also sucks that they have 10 years of development on TOR. You cant make up for time that a game has been out because that is a lot of extra features.

Ren_simp
02.06.2014 , 10:20 PM | #14
I recently restarted my wow sub and even bought mist of pandaria After a 2year break I'll probably always play it every now and then the pvp is still fun, but even so I waited close 20 mins for a battle ground to pop the other day
So even with all their server tech the queue time aren't what they were 2 years ago, I left that game and it was insta pops .
I'm still finding swtor pvp to be more fun and the combat animations are a lot nicer visually
Just need an alterac valley type wz and well be good

Sarfux
02.06.2014 , 10:33 PM | #15
You can never stop going back to your first love if you never give yourself the chance to move on to new things.

Just remember that saying
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

Rafaman
02.06.2014 , 11:32 PM | #16
After reading the OP, I had to check the date. I thought this was a necro.

Gobgrot
02.06.2014 , 11:52 PM | #17
I'm a healer...
As am I, at most I wait 5 minutes. The only exception to this has been since I hit 55 it is hard to find a group for a non HM fp. Is this what you are experiencing? If so go get your 66 gear (its fairly painless and fast to do) and run HM fp's. In some cases its insta fp, others I wait maybe 5 minutes.

DarthDymond
02.07.2014 , 12:57 AM | #18
I might actually resub before the 10-year anniversary, as long as I determine it's fiscally responsible at that time for me to have a sub to both WoW and SWTOR, There's no way I'm giving up my SWTOR sub, but I was in WoW at launch and I started playing Warcraft: Orcs and Humans back before Warcraft II even came out.

The article I read on the bump in WoW's numbers attributed it to a very successful Blizzcon and anticipation of the new expansion, Warlords of Draenor.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Infernixx
02.07.2014 , 01:21 AM | #19
I tried again to play tonight, with less than stellaer results....(long queue for a pathetic group)

And today, Blizzard announced that WOW have gained subs during the last quarter. 200 000 subs. Sure you can rightly say ''meh, those are chinese subs that does not count'....

But the thing is, WOW have gained 200 000 subs without content since september while we are probably around 250 k subs total with new content....

Let's scream ''go back to the Pandas'' to your heart content. Once again, my point is that Blizzard is obviously doing something ''right'' at one point...
It's basically because the quarterly report is reporting on the last few months of 2013, right about the time that Siege of Orgrimmar, their last Raid of that expansion, launched.

They're basically reporting on a period of time when lots of people resubbed because of the raid.

If you're curious about how people feel about the expansion, compared end-of-Cataclysm numbers to the current number. Long story short, they've lost over 2 million subs during the life of that expansion, as bad as the one that came before it.

And they'll be down another huge chunk of subs by the time their next expansion rolls around sometime in late summer, because they're refusing to add more content before that next expansion. About nine months with no new content at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

well
02.07.2014 , 01:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
I might actually resub before the 10-year anniversary, as long as I determine it's fiscally responsible at that time for me to have a sub to both WoW and SWTOR, There's no way I'm giving up my SWTOR sub, but I was in WoW at launch and I started playing Warcraft: Orcs and Humans back before Warcraft II even came out.

The article I read on the bump in WoW's numbers attributed it to a very successful Blizzcon and anticipation of the new expansion, Warlords of Draenor.
Those were the days. Warcraft 1 got me hooked on gaming on a comp. Warcraft 2 was awesome. WOW I just tried one of those 7 day free trials but wasn't my cup of tea. That was a long time ago.