Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warning - dont buy gear for modifications

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warning - dont buy gear for modifications

MaximilianPower
02.05.2014 , 06:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by VinceNight View Post
Spent almost 300 basic commendations on gear for the modifications, just to find out that you no longer can use them in other gear. And no refund except a lousy credit value...

This is false. Please explain your specific situation (gear type, what you tried to move, and to where) and perhaps we can explain what went wrong. But as a general rule, your warning just isn't true.
Hey, Barsen'thor Bill
What did you kill
Barsen'thor Bill

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Bøbløblaw EddieBrøck SylvesterMcbean Zuck-srw'i
TøbiasFünke MaebyFünke MaximilianPower MaxPower-srw
Jedi Covenant / Shadowlands / Harbinger / The Ebon Hawk / Bastion / Begeren Colony /The Red Eclipse / Progenitor

Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Icestar
02.05.2014 , 07:05 PM | #12
Spent almost 300 basic commendations on gear for the modifications, just to find out that you no longer can use them in other gear. And no refund except a lousy credit value...
Sounds like you did something wrong. It works fine for me

DarthSylar
02.05.2014 , 10:45 PM | #13
Don't you love it when someone drops wrong information and doesn't come back and fess up

Pscyon
02.05.2014 , 10:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
Don't you love it when someone drops wrong information and doesn't come back and fess up
Seemingly he just made a mistake with the armourings, unless there's some very spesific gear that is bugged, which is doubtful but possible. Admitting this simple mistake would likely just result in ridicule knowing this forum so he'd probably much rather just let the thread die and I can't say I blame him for that.
Sith Sorcerer

dacentabaal
02.06.2014 , 10:39 AM | #15
Either he moved the wrong pieces around (armouring's, MH to OH etc) or.. he went F2P/Preferred and didn't notice and wondered why he couldn't remove the mods altogether.

I've been mid game when my sub ended and instead of logging me out its gone straight through and my UI insta-changes on the next phase change (entering a lift etc) and my gear un-unifies
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

hadoken
02.06.2014 , 10:40 AM | #16
Warning - OP has no idea what he's doing

branmakmuffin
02.06.2014 , 10:47 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
Embarrassment. Or trolling.

Foxtrotmikelima
02.07.2014 , 01:23 AM | #18
Im pretty new to Endgame so Im kind of curious how this kind of thing works in regards to what the OP is going on about.

Are we talking about buying Vendor Gear on Fleet and then stripping it to use the armor/mods/enhancements on Customizable Gear?

The reason I ask is. I just hit Level Cap. Still running 140 Rating gear which is proving to be pretty painful on my 55 Sentinel. Outiside of OPs Id like to be able to maintain my current appearance. And Ive been looking for an alternative to leveling up crafting to keep decent lvl 55 appropriate armoring/mods/enhancements. The only alternative is dropping a million credits per item on crafted items on the GTN which really is out of the question.

So if someone can answer my question Id greatly appreciate it.
The First Jedi Principle of Combat: Survive - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Infernixx
02.07.2014 , 01:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxtrotmikelima View Post
Im pretty new to Endgame so Im kind of curious how this kind of thing works in regards to what the OP is going on about.

Are we talking about buying Vendor Gear on Fleet and then stripping it to use the armor/mods/enhancements on Customizable Gear?

The reason I ask is. I just hit Level Cap. Still running 140 Rating gear which is proving to be pretty painful on my 55 Sentinel. Outiside of OPs Id like to be able to maintain my current appearance. And Ive been looking for an alternative to leveling up crafting to keep decent lvl 55 appropriate armoring/mods/enhancements. The only alternative is dropping a million credits on crafted items on the GTN which really is out of the question.

So if someone can answer my question Id greatly appreciate it.
What you're going to want to do is check the GTN for your particular set of 66 gear. It'll either be blue quality or epic quality, either way it doesn't matter. You can get a decent set for a cheap price.

Or you can run with guildies and go through the Oricon quest-chain that'll net you a set of Epic quality 66 main-set pieces(chest, head, legs, hands and feet.)

That's enough to get you into HM FPs and from there, it's just grinding out Elites and Ultimates.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Foxtrotmikelima
02.07.2014 , 01:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
What you're going to want to do is check the GTN for your particular set of 66 gear. It'll either be blue quality or epic quality, either way it doesn't matter. You can get a decent set for a cheap price.

Or you can run with guildies and go through the Oricon quest-chain that'll net you a set of Epic quality 66 main-set pieces(chest, head, legs, hands and feet.)

That's enough to get you into HM FPs and from there, it's just grinding out Elites and Ultimates.
That didnt answer my question regarding this topic.
The First Jedi Principle of Combat: Survive - Obi-Wan Kenobi