Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warning - dont buy gear for modifications

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warning - dont buy gear for modifications

VinceNight
02.05.2014 , 01:54 PM | #1
Spent almost 300 basic commendations on gear for the modifications, just to find out that you no longer can use them in other gear. And no refund except a lousy credit value...

Infernixx
02.05.2014 , 01:57 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by VinceNight View Post
Spent almost 300 basic commendations on gear for the modifications, just to find out that you no longer can use them in other gear. And no refund except a lousy credit value...
Just checked and it still works. At least on Oriconian 78 stuff.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Pscyon
02.05.2014 , 01:58 PM | #3
Sure you weren't just trying to use the wrong armourings? Does it now also apply to mods and enhancements?
Sith Sorcerer

Klarick
02.05.2014 , 01:58 PM | #4
Wait ... what?

Surely this not working as intended.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

DOHboy
02.05.2014 , 01:59 PM | #5
huh?

The mods and enhancements are portable, the armoring is transferable to like pieces (head to head, chest to chest,etc.). Only things that are overly restrictive are the offhand barrels.

Perhaps some additional information could be given.
What time of gear? What type of Modifications? Taken from what piece and trying to add to what piece?
Is this something from one char to another?

Aharx
02.05.2014 , 02:54 PM | #6
Nah. OP, you must have tried to move un-like mods around. I just did this last night on a couple of pieces... works perfectly fine for me. Give us exact details please otherwise it's only speculation.
Aharx Pasari
Smuggler- Scoundrel: Sawbones
<<<--- GFF --->>>
"She may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts."

Banegio
02.05.2014 , 04:29 PM | #7
Unlike levelling gear, end game armorings become slot specific when pull out from the armor shell (as opposed to newly crafted). I.e. head armoring can only go into head piece.

Also note that offhand barrels/hilts are weapon specific too.

ScarletBlaze
02.05.2014 , 04:31 PM | #8
I just did it and it works fine for me. Now the modifications are slot specific. EX: Head to Head, Chest to Chest.

You can't use head to chest though.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Rusah
02.05.2014 , 04:45 PM | #9
It does work fine. The only thing that could cause t is putting gear in the wrong slot.

With the later gear at end game it is setup like this:
Armor - Can only go in the same gear slot it came out of. For example if taken out of leg item can only go in another leg item.
Mods - Transferable between an gear with mod slot
Enhancements - Transferable between gear with enhancement slot.
Barrels - Same as armor
Hilts - Same as armor

I know this is factual, because today i pulled mods out of gear to restore my original look on my IA. I took out set bonus mods, and standard mods, they went in the replacement pieces fine and the set bonus remained intact. So long as you follow the guidelines above then you can transfer no problem.

MillionsKNives
02.05.2014 , 04:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I just did it and it works fine for me. Now the modifications are slot specific. EX: Head to Head, Chest to Chest.

You can't use head to chest though.
That's only true for the armoring/barrel/hilt slot. Crystals, mods, and enhancements are not bound to a specific slot.