Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst. Content. Ever!

branmakmuffin
02.05.2014 , 11:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's not "the worst", but it's certainly far too simple and mindless - navigate the halls, kill things, profit.
You just described the vast majority of MMO "adventures."

Jandi
02.05.2014 , 11:12 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
And the entire Neverwinter MMO.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

arunav
02.05.2014 , 12:21 PM | #23
Even if meant to help level, the design of the FP, or lack of a narrative arc specifically, makes it the worst FP in the game.

There isn't an ending! There's an explanation why the drive yards are important for the war, but almost nothing else of substance is offered.

An example of what I mean: Taral V. On the Republic side, this starts a set of two FPs to free a Jedi prisoner (who turns out to be quite an important Jedi). The level of depth in both the story and presentation is what made it a great FP.

Kuat does have some novel approaches, the scenarios especially, but almost everyone I know thinks it is extremely out of place in a game that narrates why a character is engaged in an area as much as SWTOR does.

Great for XP, but for the game's future, if this is where FPs are headed.

BrotherJohn
02.05.2014 , 02:18 PM | #24
i dont think this is considered long term story arc content. its purely a way to give people something else to level with besides running your 4 or 5 or more alts through the same old same old. or if you only want to pvp but want to speed up xp earned than run this while you pvp.

as for story its very weak. one can only hope an intern did this or there is more coming.

Uelle
02.05.2014 , 02:25 PM | #25
I think it was a really quick flashpoint, rushed etc...I won't be playing it again, doesn't draw me in

TUXs
02.05.2014 , 02:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Strangely, that isn't how Bioware has been with most of their content. They do a great job in FPs and Ops of making them feel like more than just a dungeon crawl. While it may be as good as some MMOs can offer, we know it's not as good as what Bioware can offer.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Vandicus
02.05.2014 , 02:33 PM | #27
Strangely, that isn't how Bioware has been with most of their content. They do a great job in FPs and Ops of making them feel like more than just a dungeon crawl. While it may be as good as some MMOs can offer, we know it's not as good as what Bioware can offer.
Might just be spacebar syndrome over here, but aside from Eternity Vault(which for some reason has always seemed really dramatic in a cool way to me), I've never felt the FPs and OPs were particularly distinct from an average dungeon crawl.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

TUXs
02.05.2014 , 02:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Might just be spacebar syndrome over here, but aside from Eternity Vault(which for some reason has always seemed really dramatic in a cool way to me), I've never felt the FPs and OPs were particularly distinct from an average dungeon crawl.
Really?! Soa holds a special place in my heart because the mother cost me more in repair bills and time than ANY boss ever will again in my life...&%#$ YOU SOA!

But since EV...
- TFB, the final phase of the final boss, blew me away the 1st time in - I still love the dynamics of jumping platforms
- Operator X puzzle...sure to wipe EVERY PuG group in HM the 1st time
- NC's mine field...brilliant design! I love that!
- S&V's city phase is awesome imo
- DF's past/future phase
- DP's end bosses

Bioware really has set their own bar quite high in some areas...PvE content is their strongest one imo...which is why I feel the new FP is a bit weak.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Vandicus
02.05.2014 , 02:51 PM | #29
Really?! Soa holds a special place in my heart because the mother cost me more in repair bills and time than ANY boss ever will again in my life...&%#$ YOU SOA!

But since EV...
- TFB, the final phase of the final boss, blew me away the 1st time in - I still love the dynamics of jumping platforms
- Operator X puzzle...sure to wipe EVERY PuG group in HM the 1st time
- NC's mine field...brilliant design! I love that!
- S&V's city phase is awesome imo
- DF's past/future phase
- DP's end bosses

Bioware really has set their own bar quite high in some areas...PvE content is their strongest one imo...which is why I feel the new FP is a bit weak.
For some reason, except for TFB's final boss, I don't really feel like the ops experiences are terribly unique. They're mechanically sound and diverse enough, but I didn't find them particularly innovative.

Unfortunately, TFB's final boss is unique for me in a bad way. I hate having to keep track of the platforms. First phase is fine, second phase with all the swirling lights and "jumping" from platform to platform just irritates me.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

SirMannii
02.06.2014 , 06:37 AM | #30
It's fun how this terrible OP I made created such an discussion about how bad this new Flashpoint is.

If this is what BioWare think is good content then I rather call it until they do what they were good at - Story driven mmorpg.

I. Am. Out. Bye. Bye!
Maniiz | Mannihilation | Maanii | Mannii | Aaston | Maanzii
Manniiz | Mann์์ | Manzii | Manii | Manizaur | Maannii | Mannzii | Skitz

Snipe Mara Jugg Op Snipe P-T Merc Sent Scoundrel Slinger Sage Mando Guard Shadow V-Guard
Lvl 55's | Tomb Of Freedon Nadd