Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OPS so overpowered in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
OPS so overpowered in pvp

JaingSkiratapwns
02.04.2014 , 07:35 PM | #11
Concealment is overpowered right now. But what is left of this games community consists of the "its time for my class to be king of the hill" or those that have enough time to level/already have the class to flavor of the month over to it.
[
Plays on POT5

NathanielStarr
02.04.2014 , 07:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
Ops are not overpowered.

All burst and no sustainability = weakness if you are countering the burst. Damage is much stronger sure, but if you aren't sleeping and have some skill, you can beat them as anything besides a Marauder (Marauder, you'll have to be super leet and able to beat an operative DPS now. Class and spec disadvantage is immense between those two now, good luck countering an op DPS as anything besides Smash).

Problem is, the spec is designed to prey on weak links in a team and in most matches where I play, the derp is the most common type of player in the WZ. Team where majority are too stupid to react to fast paced burst + spec like Concealment now being able to compete again = disaster situation.

Love the spec and love to see it back in action again, but be ready to deal with the hard conversion taking place. It's capitalizing on how stupid players have become with the derp mode arenas being the center stage for ranked, so you'll see either a mass exodus of the bads or a forced improvement/change desperately needed to help the standard of player.
what you are getting now is the derps being operatives and still succeeding. Way to go.

Mass exodus....great for the game. SWG part 2.

SenatorPalpaTANG
02.04.2014 , 07:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sideblaze View Post
It should also be an aoe stun that lasts 8 seconds.
Hire this man, Bioware.
Vrrrrrm vrrrrm!

((=((==((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

ayobreezie
02.04.2014 , 08:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by senatorpalpatang View Post
hire this man, bioware.
lmao.
Pull up to the scene with my saber missin'! Middle finger up to my competition!

Puissant
02.04.2014 , 09:04 PM | #15
Bads will still be bad. Just in a huttball with a premade made of a sage and 3 scoundrels. They couldn't figure out how to get the ball to the other side of the field much less score with such a stacked comp for huttball.

Sideblaze
02.04.2014 , 10:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Puissant View Post
Bads will still be bad. Just in a huttball with a premade made of a sage and 3 scoundrels. They couldn't figure out how to get the ball to the other side of the field much less score with such a stacked comp for huttball.
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces...kie-chan-l.png

Baalzamon
02.04.2014 , 11:15 PM | #17
Operatives and Scoundrels got some well deserved damage buff, it amaze me how people dont use any cc to stop my operative and if they do its always takes alot of time, get better noobs.

ZooMzy
02.04.2014 , 11:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
what you are getting now is the derps being operatives and still succeeding. Way to go.

Mass exodus....great for the game. SWG part 2.
Lol, derps playing an operative right?

Hardly. The class is still easy to gank to zero, they just got some much needed firepower.

Only reason why it feels so OP right now is because more than likely, a massive majority of you are playing Marauders or some other weak DPS class that can't stealth. Get used to it, or play a spec that can counter burst damage. Even then, Op DPS requires you to counter burst by being quick on the reaction to it. Majority of the people suck too much to respond quickly to damage.

Much needed purge is about to happen, least on my server.

Mega_Fallos
02.04.2014 , 11:44 PM | #19
No 1 whining about smashers, sins. Its a first. Second, if operatives so good, why no1 want to see them in rwz arena as dps concealment?
all 55lvl 90 -100valor
PerpetuumMobile commando
BadhidharmaBlow sage, Trax-trax marauder,
Badhidharma assassin, Ifeelyourpain scoundrel, Markiza operative TOFN, POT5

NathanielStarr
02.04.2014 , 11:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post

Much needed purge is about to happen, least on my server.
This game can't really handle too much more of a purge really. But I guess the cartel market could float it for awhile longer. Make sure you buy stuff Zuhara so you can continue playing with the so-called PvP elite.

That is not a smart stance to take.