Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OPS so overpowered in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
OPS so overpowered in pvp

Denerio
02.04.2014 , 04:18 PM | #1
GG bioware way to destroy pvp

Vikassi
02.04.2014 , 04:22 PM | #2
are you talking about rateds?

ayobreezie
02.04.2014 , 04:42 PM | #3
Lmao.. it's like the qq when they gave us roll.. QQ dies after a couple weeks..
Pull up to the scene with my saber missin'! Middle finger up to my competition!

Osuss
02.04.2014 , 06:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ayobreezie View Post
Lmao.. it's like the qq when they gave us roll.. QQ dies after a couple weeks..
agreed... Just cry it out people.. you will be ok I swear....

If you don't believe me .. go look at some vids of pre patch 1.2 Ops/scoundrels... then thank your lucky stars its not anywhere near that bad
Zoom Zoom Zooooom

MidichIorian
02.04.2014 , 06:35 PM | #5
You do realize that threads like this are only making things worse, right? It's the same deal as with every other so called fotm (if ops dps is fotm is highly questionable though).
And if you don't know, threads like this make people believe that a certain class/spec is OP which results in more of them in every warzone. So something that initially wasnt that big of a deal quickly becomes one. Same thing as when people got word of maras actually being good, one mara is not as problem but 4 smashers on the same team are.

Now, what IMO would make ops, or any stealth, fotm worse than for instance hybrid PT'es or maras is that they're stealth. It is incredibly boring to play against numerous stealthers and perhaps even worse to be on their team when you're a non-stealther. Having a lot of stealthers on the team results in the following:

*You, as a non-stealther, will become a priority target for the other team, due to the fact that they can't see the rest.

*One stealther is usually good at single handedly throwing away wins on AHG, by consistently getting farmed on the offnode. Now you'll have several of them spread out across the map. It will result in more stupid node-trading games, possibly my biggest PvP pet peeve. I like to play with a plan and based on statistics and that's totally out the window when you all of a sudden have several "stealth heroes" on the team.

The only positive outcome is that some of the current ops healers will respec.

Eyesmindassassin
02.04.2014 , 06:38 PM | #6
Yep. Just had a WZ with 4+ Concealment Ops. Couldn't do anything. lol. Nerfs incoming. Brb, switching my Op healer back to DPS.

Sideblaze
02.04.2014 , 06:41 PM | #7
Get used to it.

Haystak
02.04.2014 , 07:04 PM | #8
Nerfs?....da lulz, smash is still here, and you cant beat smash qq.

Speaking of smash why hasnt it been buffed yet? 100% crit aint enough it needs some lovin
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

Sideblaze
02.04.2014 , 07:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
Nerfs?....da lulz, smash is still here, and you cant beat smash qq.

Speaking of smash why hasnt it been buffed yet? 100% crit aint enough it needs some lovin
It should also be an aoe stun that lasts 8 seconds.

ZooMzy
02.04.2014 , 07:19 PM | #10
Ops are not overpowered.

All burst and no sustainability = weakness if you are countering the burst. Damage is much stronger sure, but if you aren't sleeping and have some skill, you can beat them as anything besides a Marauder (Marauder, you'll have to be super leet and able to beat an operative DPS now. Class and spec disadvantage is immense between those two now, good luck countering an op DPS as anything besides Smash).

Problem is, the spec is designed to prey on weak links in a team and in most matches where I play, the derp is the most common type of player in the WZ. Team where majority are too stupid to react to fast paced burst + spec like Concealment now being able to compete again = disaster situation.

Love the spec and love to see it back in action again, but be ready to deal with the hard conversion taking place. It's capitalizing on how stupid players have become with the derp mode arenas being the center stage for ranked, so you'll see either a mass exodus of the bads or a forced improvement/change desperately needed to help the standard of player.