Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So...! The War of the Operatives has finally started?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So...! The War of the Operatives has finally started?

Missandei
02.05.2014 , 02:28 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaerah View Post
If I don't do anything, my augmented obroan sorc WILL die to that rotation.
So please, tell me where to get that abundantly superior gear to augmented obroan so that I can wear it and not die
4 sec of rotation.
3 hits.
Your sorc if «fully augmented» = >30K HP.

3 hits that making 30K Damage?

cool story bro.

I play an obroan geared shadow as well (in premades) and even with proper buff I CANT do that much *reliable* damage. Yeah I can get a 9k+ shadow strike (maul) or even 10k vs bad geared players but then my resource is half gone, I have to start spamming clarvoyant strike eating a GCD doing 2.5-3k damage NOT 6-7k and only once it procs enough, I can proceed with other hard hitters.
omg.. rly? you are playing your Shadow this way? i dont even know what to say.. It is so beyound any L2P issues..
I NEVER found myself out of Force on my Shadow. Do you familiar with all your abilities?
You are doing something very wrong if your rotation on Shadow is so weak.
The only explanation i could imagine is that you jumped in the «omg! Shadows are the FoTm bandwagon» and didnt tried to figure how to play a Shadow.
I run 0/31/15 build.. it is not even the most optimal for a damage and i still can detroy enemies in one sequence.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Missandei
02.05.2014 , 02:29 AM | #72
Super spoiled indeed. What you call "weak", on my sorc I HAVE to spec it, high in the healing tree and only triggers while bubble is up.
good luck to try to heal youself for a 300HP per use.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Cordorian
02.05.2014 , 02:31 AM | #73
Super spoiled indeed. What you call "weak", on my sorc I HAVE to spec it, high in the healing tree and only triggers while bubble is up.
but sorcs have a free instant heal and the other two baseline heals don't cost you 1/4 of your ressources or a buff that is hard to get, when you want to avoid fighting and heal up for a second. People might not believe it since medicine is so powerful in pvp, but operatives are actually the worst off-healers in game, at least when they are not playing some idiotic hybrid.

I stopped doing 55 yesterday for the reason that with every class despite my scoundrel it would probably be a sheer nightmare. Not because concealment operatives are OP right now, but if there 3-4 in wzs it is just breaking. It would be the same with 3-4 smashers, Deception Assassins, Madness Sorcs and probably even Merc and Pts. If there are enough people with the same spec in a wzs it is just not gonna be pretty. But that will wear off in a few days, when people realize that not much has changed. They buffed the sustained damage, and if you are allowed to you can now pull some decent numbers in wzs. If you are not allowed to you just die as you used to pre 2.6.
Deception/infiltation is still better by a margin at the very niche it and concealment fall it. Assassin still have more reliable burst (crappy sustained but we are talking pvp), better defensive CDs, equal CC, a reduced time on their CC breaker (extremely useful), 30% AoE damage reduction, the best escape tool in the game (phase walk... so if something goes wrong and you vanish is still on CD you still have an oh crap button), and taunts. In a 2v2 you (with another assassin at your side) you can basically taunt both twice, so both of you take way less damage. Unlike roll, Force Speed is free and on a realitively low CD. the 10m hard stun is handy as well (it has a longer CD, still sometimes it is better to have more than 4m range), and most of your attacks are 10m ranged unlike the operative, if you do it smart you can even stay out of smash range. If you get in trouble with force management you still have blackout and can reset that with force cloak (heck, if and operative is out of energy and Adrenaline Probe is on CD it is sometimes better to die than to continue tickeling people with rifle shot). Did I mention that assassins have knockback? No I don't think (dec) assassin are overpowered, but when it comes to pvp they are just playing better then concealment operative in almost every dimension and the patch didn't change anything about it.

Yes i do get ridiculous numbers on the dummy now, that is fine, i will now go scrapper when i raid instead of Dirty fighting (at least for some fights), but despite that you still need to be a maschochist like me to roll it in PVP.

I have played smash on my sentinel (and i feel bad because of that) and you cant even compare it. You literally can faceroll the other team if you have some heal support, and i am not really good with smash. But even the best scrappers and concealments will never even get close to this. Within a week the kolto clouds of doom will return!!!

CaptainApop
02.05.2014 , 02:33 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by RodneyMcNeely View Post
I respectfully disagree. I've been watching Scoundrels and Operatives using blue 46 main/offhand mods tearing through players in fully-augmented Conqueror/Obroan gear within 3-5 GCDs all day long.
Barring the fact that no they did not kill **** in 3 GCDs that wasn't half dead already.

Level 46 MH/OHs are BiS for operatives thanks to bolster and a total lack of white damage for concealment.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

DarthMaulUK
02.05.2014 , 02:39 AM | #75
Funny how I did say that all this would happen but the old fanboy network shut all that down and now look. Bioware just love this class and there is nothing we can do about it but roll one.

Personally, they should have added more to defensive abilities and not MORE damage. The game is just going downhill with attack abilities in a cycle of more damage buffs when all players want to do is have a decent fight without having to respawn after 4 seconds.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Missandei
02.05.2014 , 02:43 AM | #76
An assassin that hurls himself into the bunch of enemies is a noob. It's a finesse class AND excels at tearing down enemy backlines, expecially squishies.
Sigh... you have a perception(tm) issue

Hurling in a bunch of enemies is not the way to play sin.
I have not said that it is the way sin are played. I said you can get into the fray and get away. Not an option for a Scoundrell (most of the times)

With OP you get adds and disengage (if you can) and heal up, with sin you get adds and can buy some seconds to finish your job and then you can't heal up.
lol.. You cant really HealUp with a DPS scoundrel. If you start heal yourself in a Battle you will deplete your resource VERY fast. And all you can do then is spamming auto-attack.
and still Shadow BattleReadines selfHeal is better free instant HealUP than any skill scoundrell have.

Gotta wait for combat to end (some times it takes 15 seconds even sitting behind a wall) AND combat force-steatlh often times does not get you out of combat either so you still have to wait behind a wall somewhere, doing nothing.
lol.. And why do you think the «force stealth» for scoundrels work any other way?
It have the same issues. You need to blow the Evasion ( Force Shroud) to be sure you wont have any DoTs that will got you out of Stealth..

Missandei
02.05.2014 , 02:50 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Funny how I did say that all this would happen but the old fanboy network shut all that down and now look. Bioware just love this class and there is nothing we can do about it but roll one.
Yeah.. some weird kind of love.. To let the Concelment opers lay in dirt for a 2 years.

But know the class Bioware are most despise of... Sentinels/Maradeurs.

Jorojus
02.05.2014 , 02:57 AM | #78
In a perfect world where there is peace and everyone would play together as the roles are meant in an mmo, in games where everything would be perfectly balanced, where everybody has equal skill nobody would even play concealment.

clarification: playing together means only 8 man pre-mades.

I am looking forward to the first youtube vids of arena teams that consist out of operatives only and how they would supposedly smash every other possible team
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

CaptainApop
02.05.2014 , 06:20 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorojus View Post
In a perfect world where there is peace and everyone would play together as the roles are meant in an mmo, in games where everything would be perfectly balanced, where everybody has equal skill nobody would even play concealment.

clarification: playing together means only 8 man pre-mades.

I am looking forward to the first youtube vids of arena teams that consist out of operatives only and how they would supposedly smash every other possible team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zklx3BQIV4w

Not quite what you want but funny nonetheless.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Cordorian
02.05.2014 , 06:25 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainApop View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zklx3BQIV4w

Not quite what you want but funny nonetheless.
Just DoT2Full :P

Yeah if this was more popular, maybe we would see the same QQ about lethality now.