Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

way to ruin the warzone scoreboards in 2.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
way to ruin the warzone scoreboards in 2.6
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlrikFassbauer
02.04.2014 , 05:37 PM | #11
Edit : Seems to be 2 Emppire faction teams on it ...
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

AngusFTW
02.04.2014 , 05:41 PM | #12
It doesn't highlight your own team in green anymore so you can't instantly see how bad your pugs are in comparison with the other team...
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

gblXsw
02.04.2014 , 05:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
It doesn't highlight your own team in green anymore so you can't instantly see how bad your pugs are in comparison with the other team...
I find it curious how many people don't instantly spot what's wrong.

EzioMessi
02.04.2014 , 06:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by gblXsw View Post
Same. It's funny to think they don't use the green nametags as a tool to guess how (un)balanced the match was.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Saregon
02.04.2014 , 10:49 PM | #15
Sorry, I don't notice things like that when looking at a still screenshot. All I noticed was that the scoreboard window looked smaller compared to mine, coupled that with the comment someone else made about a "tiny ui bug" I took that literally as meaning it was tiny now, like it shrunk without adjusting settings in the interface modifier. Obviously smaller window can be easily explained by them using a different resolution than me, so yeah, my post doesn't make much sense, but I've been sick for 4 days...what's your excuse?
55's - Shadow - Sage - Sentinel - Guardian - Vanguard - Scoundrel - Gunslinger
55's - Assassin - Sorcerer - Marauder - Juggernaut - Mercenary - Powertech - Operative - Sniper

N e v e r . F o r g e t

duigha
02.05.2014 , 01:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Thanks for letting me know! I saw a similar thread in the Bug Report forum and alerted the appropriate folks.

- tw
Thank you for reading PvP forums. Appreciated!
TOFN <Herbs and Derps> / Zelí / <Sponsored by Karagga>
The reason why there is not as much PvP content as PvE content is,
that PvE always need new content to clear,
while PvPers are generally happy, "as long as there is someone to kill".

sauerkraut
02.05.2014 , 01:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Same. It's funny to think they don't use the green nametags as a tool to guess how (un)balanced the match was.
LOL! That's exactly what i tought. BW did not want people got insta mad right after WZ.

Y-Yorle
02.05.2014 , 01:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by gblXsw View Post
I pvp on quite a frequent basis, but I didn't spot it instantly either. Now if I was playing myself I probably would have spotted instantly :P When I read "UI bug" I was looking for glitching pixels or something.
Valenth Guiran
Biochemist | Diplomat | Guardian
The Kestrel Minority @ The Progenitor (EU), Republic, Light RP
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav

JoeeyyMagzz
02.06.2014 , 04:53 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by duigha View Post
Thank you for reading PvP forums. Appreciated!
I guess you missed how every nerf/buff to classes in the game is because of PvP forums? They've been reading the PvP forums since the game released...

Jadescythe
02.06.2014 , 07:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeeyyMagzz View Post
I guess you missed how every nerf/buff to classes in the game is because of PvP forums? They've been reading the PvP forums since the game released...
You probably should NOT speak in absolutes. Rage/Focus was buffed entirely because it was completely and utterly worthless in PvE. Sorc/Sage healers were nerfed in 1.2 because they were god-level PvE healers (still are, but it's better). Bloodthirst was nerfed primarily to reduce the effectiveness of stacking Maras/Sents in PvE.

But your overall point makes no sense either. Fundamentally, PvE should never require any buffs/nerfs since AI does not change. You can easily balance one rotation against another fighting dummies. PvP requires balance against all other classes as well as the ever-changing nature of a player vs. player environment.

If I nerf the damage of an ability that is used on CD and I know how much that ability is used, I can estimate the effect on overall damage output for a class in a boss fight. Because players will do things like interrupt, CC, and use defensive CDs, you cannot estimate the impact on PvP. For example, if I'm in Rage, I will use Smash on CD for maximum damage (there are exceptions with some boss mechanics, but this principal is almost always true). In PvP, I'm not going to use it on a Sin with Shroud on or a Marauder with UR on. I may be rooted or CC'd when it's available and have to wait or lose the buff before I get the chance to use it.

TL;DR Not all buffs/nerfs have been from PvP, but PvP fundamentally requires more alterations so it's not surprising that it comes mostly from that realm.
I have opinions and stuff