Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rework 2.6 Concealment Operative Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rework 2.6 Concealment Operative Changes

Thubb
02.04.2014 , 01:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilyrian View Post
Dear TaitWatson and CourtneyWoods and ChrisSchmidt and EricMusco,

Let me start off by saying that I don't normally post on the forums for feedback, but I feel obligated to do so for this topic.

I have been playing a concealment Operative in PvP for the past year. I have always thought that we needed a little more love in terms of survivability, and perhaps a bit more sustained damage to make us more viable for OPS and other PvE content. I understand that balancing for both PvP and PvE is difficult. So let us assume for now that I am only referring to PvP balancing. Concealment Operatives are a stealth burst class. Burst being the key.

When I saw and tested the proposed changes for concealment in 2.6 on the PST, I had a good laugh with other concealment enthusiasts. The consensus was that the damage buff was too great. It resulted in over 4,000 DPS OPS dummy parses on a class with great raid utility (higher than any parse by a Marauder - which is a pure-damage melee class with no self-cleanse, off-heals, or revive ability), and hilariously high burst and sustained damage in PvP. We enjoyed it while it lasted on the PTS. However, we figured that between the testing and the implementation of the proposed changes, they would be re-balanced.

Now 2.6 has arrived and there has been no re-balancing. Perhaps it was my fault to assume that there would be enough of an outcry to rework some of the changes (although I have seen plenty of good feedback on this subject from others). I am hereby correcting my mistake - please rework the concealment operative changes. It is simply too much burst and sustained damage, if not for PvE, then for PvP alone.
BW have already state there is no hybrid tax in this game. The 4k dps parse that have been going around is on a target dummy with no movement at all. In a raid setting Concealment will do worse. Most bosses still favour lethality operative so your point about dmg beeing over the top seems more like a knee-jerk reaction a few hours into the patch.

JaingSkiratapwns
02.04.2014 , 01:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
Its absolutely no different than middle line for assassins and shadows, yet everyone wants to QQ even though sins and shadows still have better defensive cooldowns
Except concealment is parsing way higher than deception is?
......Meh

Cwild
02.04.2014 , 01:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
Shadows/Assassins do have the *** end of the stick in PVE that is the truth. PVP though deception is strong and still probably hits harder then conc.

BigDumbViking
02.04.2014 , 01:40 PM | #24
Personally, Ops have had enough of a run. They've been the only viable PVP healer since launch. In 8 man objective based PVP they are kings with the ability to stealth, roll, and stun-cap nodes. They are already the objective kings of PVP and now you give them top DPS too? So lets just make them the scariest PVP dps, Healer, and objective class.

So they want to whine and moan about not being able to solo 5 PT pyro's at a time... Buncha bad players on operatives and they need to get nerfed into being completely useless in PVP for a year...
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
Bibifhet

gofortheko
02.04.2014 , 01:40 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
Parsing is irrelevant to the discussion of pvp, because sin/shadow burst is still as viable or better than ops. Plus they have much better defensive cooldowns.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

Alexhpy
02.04.2014 , 01:41 PM | #26
Just wait until people get ruined and it looks like they have 0 chance to retaliate... they will no longer like their class... and unsub.

The the developers will nerf them again... just like the first time.

Its like the want everyone to move on to ESO/Wildstar, they are helping them get a frustrating game experience in SWTOR to make the transition easier...

Twin
02.04.2014 , 01:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
They’d love to do that at some point, but "technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future."
lol i see wat u did der!
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" – Abraham Lincoln

Vikassi
02.04.2014 , 01:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BigDumbViking View Post
Personally, Ops have had enough of a run. They've been the only viable PVP healer since launch. In 8 man objective based PVP they are kings with the ability to stealth, roll, and stun-cap nodes. They are already the objective kings of PVP and now you give them top DPS too? So lets just make them the scariest PVP dps, Healer, and objective class.

So they want to whine and moan about not being able to solo 5 PT pyro's at a time... Buncha bad players on operatives and they need to get nerfed into being completely useless in PVP for a year...
Yea, and thats evident because there are just SOOO MANY DPS Ops out there .. this is a laughable statement ..

JaingSkiratapwns
02.04.2014 , 01:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexhpy View Post
.Its like the want everyone to move on to ESO/Wildstar, they are helping them get a frustrating game experience in SWTOR to make the transition easier...
You know, that doesn't really make sense. Which means Bioware/EA is probably doing that.
......Meh

Aetideus
02.04.2014 , 01:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexhpy View Post
Just wait until people get ruined and it looks like they have 0 chance to retaliate... they will no longer like their class... and unsub.

The the developers will nerf them again... just like the first time.

Its like the want everyone to move on to ESO/Wildstar, they are helping them get a frustrating game experience in SWTOR to make the transition easier...
I would mention that eso has a great class / skill system, that If succeeds in pvp the mechanics of the other games will fade.