Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rework 2.6 Concealment Operative Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rework 2.6 Concealment Operative Changes

JaingSkiratapwns
02.04.2014 , 01:14 PM | #11
Wait, there's still pvp in this game?

In all honesty though, I knew that Concealment spec was going to be absurd when I read the patch notes and saw what people are parsing. Which is why I will not be pvping much if at all while they are this powerful. No one wants to get killed before they can do anything, that's why they got the nerf bat at the start of the game.
[INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE]

Osuss
02.04.2014 , 01:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
Wait, there's still pvp in this game?

In all honesty though, I knew that Concealment spec was going to be absurd when I read the patch notes and saw what people are parsing. Which is why I will not be pvping much if at all while they are this powerful. No one wants to get killed before they can do anything, that's why they got the nerf bat at the start of the game.
They are no where near as powerful even after this patch than they were then.... not even comparable
Zoom Zoom Zooooom

countpopeula
02.04.2014 , 01:19 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
Sounds like crying, I still get CCed, and kited just as easy as before, also pre 2.6 if two ops got on someone they died in 3 or 4 globals anyway. Stop QQing because concealment ops are the bane of maras.
Uh, I've never had a problem with Operatives in either spec. Can't complain when one comes by and tags you while you're at sub 30% health, in a stand up fight it's laughable how unbalanced that matchup is for the Marauder. So you can take that unbased assumption and ****. I'm not above playing the better class for a specific job, I take my Sniper in when the fight or group calls for it, I stopped Assassin tanking because it's irrelevant. I'm a proponent of class balance, and me running a spec I have never touched before today and globalling players is not balanced at all.
Ranick
hmd MAGENTA

Cwild
02.04.2014 , 01:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by countpopeula View Post
Uh, I've never had a problem with Operatives in either spec. Can't complain when one comes by and tags you while you're at sub 30% health, in a stand up fight it's laughable how unbalanced that matchup is for the Marauder. So you can take that unbased assumption and ****. I'm not above playing the better class for a specific job, I take my Sniper in when the fight or group calls for it, I stopped Assassin tanking because it's irrelevant. I'm a proponent of class balance, and me running a spec I have never touched before today and globalling players is not balanced at all.
They could also be terrible? It isn't hard to global anybody with any dps spec in this game if the players are terrible. Against the good players on the servers though, you will not be globaling them... or will you? (this is the question we will find out later tonight when everyone is on)

Its 2:20 pm est... I have found that when I play during the day when I have a day off of work or something I play against pve'rs and terribads who are trying to get the daily. The better players pop on from 8pm-11pm. Just from personal experience.

JaingSkiratapwns
02.04.2014 , 01:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Osuss View Post
They are no where near as powerful even after this patch than they were then.... not even comparable

Really? I'm seeing operatives say that are killing people in 4 attacks. Sounds pretty up there.
[INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE]

Ilyrian
02.04.2014 , 01:26 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cwild View Post
...Conc/Scrapper was not viable there since live....and to be honest wont be now. (THAT IS WHAT IM REFERRING TO)

Wah wah wah
If you re-read my post, Cwild, you will see that I never said concealment/scrapper should remain as it was. In fact I said the opposite - that we needed for the spec to be reworked. I specifically mentioned that conc/scrap needed more sustained damage to be viable in OPS. I also mentioned that we needed more survivability for PvP. Instead, the devs gave the class sustained damage and way more burst. The way more burst aspect is really what I'm having a problem with in PvP. I am glad that the spec got some attention, but it was done so poorly that I felt the need to throw in my 2 cents.

You said it yourself - even now, conc/scrap may not be viable for 4v4 competitive PvP. I believe that is because of our issues with survivability. The devs decided not to touch that, however, because it would be, and im paraphrasing here, 'too difficult to increase scoundrel/OP DPS survivability without also buffing healer survivability'.

All I'm asking for is a better job from the devs at reworking this class.

Campaigner
02.04.2014 , 01:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilyrian View Post
It is simply too much burst and sustained damage, if not for PvE, then for PvP alone.
I remember taking some time away from PvPing to do the Xenoanalyst this last Gree Event. I was told by a PvEr that Concealment Operative is the worst DPS in the game and that I should respec Lethality to be decent for PvE.

Who cares if we have top-tier DPS now? We still don't have the defensives or cc immunities of the other melee classes. Any premade can target a DPS op and drop him through guard and heals. We're that squishy and killing the DPS operative first is a common strategy.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

countpopeula
02.04.2014 , 01:32 PM | #18
If you re-read my post, Cwild, you will see that I never said concealment/scrapper should remain as it was. In fact I said the opposite - that we needed for the spec to be reworked. I specifically mentioned that conc/scrap needed more sustained damage to be viable in OPS. I also mentioned that we needed more survivability for PvP. Instead, the devs gave the class sustained damage and way more burst. The way more burst aspect is really what I'm having a problem with in PvP. I am glad that the spec got some attention, but it was done so poorly that I felt the need to throw in my 2 cents.

You said it yourself - even now, conc/scrap may not be viable for 4v4 competitive PvP. I believe that is because of our issues with survivability. The devs decided not to touch that, however, because it would be, and im paraphrasing here, 'too difficult to increase scoundrel/OP DPS survivability without also buffing healer survivability'.

Increasing the cost of Acid Blade/Flechette and upon activation giving a 10-20% dodge boost would make a lot of sense. It controls upfront and sustained DPS by forcing Tier 2 resource regen, and when combined with roll gives you a quick getaway at the cost of screwing your energy. Nothing about heal spec or Lethality gets reworked.
Ranick
hmd MAGENTA

gofortheko
02.04.2014 , 01:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by countpopeula View Post
Its absolutely no different than middle line for assassins and shadows, yet everyone wants to QQ even though sins and shadows still have better defensive cooldowns
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

Cwild
02.04.2014 , 01:33 PM | #20

It really wouldn't of been to hard to give conc/scrap survivabilty. Just throw it on a talent up the tree similar to madness sorcs getting their stun % talent. It is just irrelevant though because Bioware and EA have no idea what they are doing.

Also to be honest, even before 1.2 how many operatives/scrappers did you see. My server had maybe 6 total who were good (myself included) that was it. The rest of them were awful, and couldn't quite figure it out yet people complained anyway. Why you ask? Because they are equally awful. This game has one of the worst gaming communities skill wise in any MMO I have ever played. It has been stated multiple times in hundreds of threads. That's fine, I'm all for everyone playing games they enjoy, but before they come to forums and cry and complain they really should try to get better first.

Just my 2cents.