Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kuat, planetary comms, 55, why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Kuat, planetary comms, 55, why?

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
02.06.2014 , 02:21 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
55 is in it's own bracket, no lower level can play the level 55. So why would the lower levels need to be catered to? Your logic is fundamentally wrong.

55 should have been a nightmare mode. Lower levels have their own bracket up to 54 to enjoy the scenery, 55 should have been the "real" version. Otherwise, why even bother making the 55 it's own separate bracket.
Gear. Now in 15-54 version DPS has ~27-31k HP. If you allowed 55s to same group they would do a lot more damage and have 45k HP.

BadOrb's Avatar


BadOrb
02.06.2014 , 02:30 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
55 is in it's own bracket, no lower level can play the level 55. So why would the lower levels need to be catered to? Your logic is fundamentally wrong.

55 should have been a nightmare mode. Lower levels have their own bracket up to 54 to enjoy the scenery, 55 should have been the "real" version. Otherwise, why even bother making the 55 it's own separate bracket.
Well that is the SM bracket along with labs and meltdown SM's. So inevitably we should receive the HM version at some point in the future , with the HM's of labs , meltdown and all the other HM's. Which should be fun.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
02.06.2014 , 05:27 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
so the question is... is it soloable? I mean... I can solo labs easily and meltdown with some effort on some of my characters. is yards easier in that it has fewer mechanics to worry about, but still requires all 4 people, or is it easier in that its even easier to solo?
Labs is pretty straight forward, Meltdown a little harder on one of the boss fights. This though? Think it really does depend on the last boss you get and the mechanics involved in the boss fight (as well as class )

Oyranos's Avatar


Oyranos
02.06.2014 , 08:08 PM | #64
heres a good idea, u can turn wz comms for 1 planetary, what about turning planetary for wz? I have 100/100 of them.

Thats why I love 1 carency for the games, not many... it gets complicated.

Corsiero's Avatar


Corsiero
02.06.2014 , 09:50 PM | #65
Complicated for you, not for me.

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
02.08.2014 , 05:11 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Gear. Now in 15-54 version DPS has ~27-31k HP. If you allowed 55s to same group they would do a lot more damage and have 45k HP.
I fail to see your point. 55's CANNOT group with 15-54, so giving the 55 version different loot/comms/whatever does absolutely nothing to or for the 15-54 players. 15-54 shouldn't even be being discussed here, as they are irrelevant to the conversation of adding worthwhile loot and comms to the 55 version.

Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post

Because practically every freaking thing added to this game is for end-game players. They have to occasionally add something for lower level players.
Yeah, and? They added 15-54. Go go low level players. 55 should be old player oriented.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Do yourself a favor and just use the money to buy a pizza instead.

Kunovega's Avatar


Kunovega
02.08.2014 , 05:47 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Fardarter View Post
Title says it all why is Kuat dropping planetary coms for 55's?

Also where are the drops? I see rep Items and some build kits? I don't see anything remotely interesting at the rep vendor.

I like that it is something different but how does doing it make my character better? Planetary Comms?!
a level 55 can easily solo this flashpoint; it's of no challenge at all and is one of the easiest flashpoints in the game; even easier than the cz flashpoints that can be solo'd

i think it was meant more as an advertisement story tie in to the galactic starfighter minigame
This is not the signature you're looking for... But since you are here, use this link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Xv5WwL
Get free stuff (mailed to you in game on every character) and a Free Character Transfer!

Kunovega's Avatar


Kunovega
02.08.2014 , 05:53 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Actually, they do. I buy mods for my alts as I'm leveling them all the time with planet comms.

Because practically every freaking thing added to this game is for end-game players. They have to occasionally add something for lower level players. Cracks me up how some people whine when every single update isn't tailored specifically to the parts of the game they play. By the way, the flashpoint is an intro point for GSF. Since low level players can play GSF, it would be pretty dumb to have the intro flashpoint only be for level 55 players. That's why they opened things up to lower level players for the flashpoint. That being the case, it would have to be relatively easy content...which it is...and, therefore, nothing deserving of any great rewards.
the point is that there is a hardmode for level 55 players which can be chosen; that hardmode has nothing to do with 15 to 54 since it can only be chosen by a level 55

The hard mode drops the same rewards as the storymode ~ this seems like an oversight; why have a harder version of the flashpoint if it doesnt drop slightly higher rewards?

Nothing wrong with planet coms in the storymode 15-54 version; but if you are going to have a level 55 hardmode, that is... harder.... why not have it drop the basic coms?

It currently makes the hardmode pointless; someone wanting to do this flashpoint for the planet coms should just do the storymode, same rewards and done in half the time (less mob hp)
This is not the signature you're looking for... But since you are here, use this link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Xv5WwL
Get free stuff (mailed to you in game on every character) and a Free Character Transfer!