Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well I'm not guarding any nodes in PvP anymore, lol

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Well I'm not guarding any nodes in PvP anymore, lol

wollegol
02.04.2014 , 12:41 PM | #21
If your team has trouble taking down a operative dps I feel really sorry for you....

Vikassi
02.04.2014 , 01:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BocaProwler View Post
By the way, I am not talking about every Scoundrel and every Operative. I am talking about the good ones, the elite ones. They can take down a good and elite opposing player down real quick. Whether or not I think of myself as elite, I've seen them do it do players that are elite on my server. I've seen them take people down in 3-4 seconds, real quick. They were not doing that yesterday.
I was doing that yesterday .. no problems ..

DarthOvertone
02.04.2014 , 02:09 PM | #23
And I bet most know why after 2.6
Depends on your Class and AC really. The only class that could potentially have some serious difficulty node-guarding are Focus/Smashers, and tbh, they shouldn't be guarding anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Yes, it's always been better if a tank or stealth class (preferably a stealth tank) guard off nodes, even before the patch.
Ideally, those are the specs that should be guarding. It's unfortunate that node-guarding in this game is so dull. Players don't want to perform their roles in matches, and frankly, I don't blame them. Poor game design.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Alexhpy
02.04.2014 , 02:10 PM | #24
No developers with half a brain cell would give a Stealth class this much damage AND let them keep their CC.
Simple as that. If they had removed some of their CC/escape sure, give them more damage, but like this...

But then again the developers have proven time and time again they don`t play their game... and they don`t even understand how PvP in MMO`s even works.

You will now see a lot of people getting killed during the stun... they won`t find the game fun anymore and most likely quit. There was no reason to do this, there were players winning every 1v1 with an operative scoundrel, now they just obliterate the enemy.

Marlayoutourist
02.04.2014 , 02:15 PM | #25
By the way, I am not talking about every Scoundrel and every Operative. I am talking about the good ones, the elite ones. They can take down a good and elite opposing player down real quick. Whether or not I think of myself as elite, I've seen them do it do players that are elite on my server. I've seen them take people down in 3-4 seconds, real quick. They were not doing that yesterday.
I pretty much always debunk posts like these, because I would tend to think logically a development team, plus the testers would have a much more informed view than someone who's just logged in and got smoked. But the damage buff is huge. And hes not whining about wanting to quit, or that kind of garbage. He's just saying there's no room for less than a heavily armored class to solo guard a node. You're dead basically a second or two after you say "SONW HLPE".

That said, they are now high value targets, and they will have little choice but to find those stragglers to pick off or risk being focused down immediately. Just like any player that makes a name for him or herself in WZ's, they now have a sign on their back.

Marlayoutourist
02.04.2014 , 02:18 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexhpy View Post
No developers with half a brain cell would give a Stealth class this much damage AND let them keep their CC.
Simple as that. If they had removed some of their CC/escape sure, give them more damage, but like this...

But then again the developers have proven time and time again they don`t play their game... and they don`t even understand how PvP in MMO`s even works.

You will now see a lot of people getting killed during the stun... they won`t find the game fun anymore and most likely quit. There was no reason to do this, there were players winning every 1v1 with an operative scoundrel, now they just obliterate the enemy.
This more of an example of a troll post. See the difference?

BocaProwler
02.04.2014 , 02:30 PM | #27
If my stating what I have noticed today seems like crying, well, not much I can say to you, you've mad up your mind. As far as the L2P comments, no class was taking me down in 5 seconds or less before today's patch. Granted I am not a tank spec'd class, but I have guarded a ton out of necessity. What I am saying is that for the last 8 months or so I have been able to guard a node and not die so darn quick. Yes, I have had assassins take me out 1 on 1, but I could live long enough to adrenal, medpack and use all my defensive cooldowns, or at least long enough to have a chance at backup.

Vikassi
02.04.2014 , 02:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexhpy View Post

I could easily kill weaker players during stun without the buff .. whats your point?

Vikassi
02.04.2014 , 02:38 PM | #29
Bottom line - everyone complains after every balancing patch .. this will die down when the FOTM's figure out how hard it actually is to play a DPS OP. It requires skill unlike the smasher 1 button classes.

MotorCityMan
02.04.2014 , 02:53 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
Bottom line - everyone complains after every balancing patch .. this will die down when the FOTM's figure out how hard it actually is to play a DPS OP. It requires skill unlike the smasher 1 button classes.
I figured out how hard it is. About on a par with tying shoelaces. Seems everyone else has figured it out too. So far, every 8 man team I have been on has had 4 or more ops or scoundrels.