Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Well I'm not guarding any nodes in PvP anymore, lol

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Well I'm not guarding any nodes in PvP anymore, lol

Ridickilis's Avatar


Ridickilis
02.04.2014 , 10:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BocaProwler View Post
All it take is a few warzones to figure out that the same people that had a hard time taking you down yesterday are taking you down in a few seconds. It's not a L2P issue or I would of had these issues yesterday, last week, 2 years ago.

They got a huge buff, OPs and Scoundrels on the teams I've been are know that, they are talking about it.

So unless you are fully tanked spec'd don't bother guarding. When your guard calls for help, get there immediately.
Sorry, that was a trollish post from me and it wasn't specifically aimed at you. Yours was just one of many and this happened to be the last one I read.

Yes, it's always been better if a tank or stealth class (preferably a stealth tank) guard off nodes, even before the patch. Could I do it on a non stealth/tank, sure, but I still always got the sweaty palms just standing there waiting to get opened up on. I'll try it again tonight on a less than optimal node guarding class and do what I usually do; scream like a girl in ops chat as soon as I get dropped then kite as though my life depended on it until help arrives. That generally works against one while mixing in slows, mezzes and/or stuns.

I'm not even in the game yet to comment on the patch but realistically how much shorter did it make the TTK? By one global, 2?

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
02.04.2014 , 11:06 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BocaProwler View Post
All it take is a few warzones to figure out that the same people that had a hard time taking you down yesterday are taking you down in a few seconds. It's not a L2P issue or I would of had these issues yesterday, last week, 2 years ago.

They got a huge buff, OPs and Scoundrels on the teams I've been are know that, they are talking about it.

So unless you are fully tanked spec'd don't bother guarding. When your guard calls for help, get there immediately.
Look at the bright side!

On my shadow I'll start saying: "let the new stealther king waste his life guarding nodes while the others have fun. I will be now one of them!"
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
02.04.2014 , 11:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
I'm not even in the game yet to comment on the patch but realistically how much shorter did it make the TTK? By one global, 2?
Some classes can be 4 GCDed (or taken into execute range), take away 1 or 2 globals and...
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

BocaProwler's Avatar


BocaProwler
02.04.2014 , 11:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Sorry, that was a trollish post from me and it wasn't specifically aimed at you. Yours was just one of many and this happened to be the last one I read.

Yes, it's always been better if a tank or stealth class (preferably a stealth tank) guard off nodes, even before the patch. Could I do it on a non stealth/tank, sure, but I still always got the sweaty palms just standing there waiting to get opened up on. I'll try it again tonight on a less than optimal node guarding class and do what I usually do; scream like a girl in ops chat as soon as I get dropped then kite as though my life depended on it until help arrives. That generally always works against one while mixing in slows, mezzes and/or stuns.

I'm not even in the game yet to comment on the patch but realistically how much shorter did it make the TTK? By one global, 2?
I agree with you, it is always better for a tank (best stealth tank) to guard, but realistically there isn't one in 95% of the warzones I am in, and when they are there, they usually guard their healer friend. Regardless I have always ended up guarding because I was good at it, as good as a non stealth dps class can be (PT).

In the past, some of the elite OPS/Scoundrels have given me fits, but when I've lost those 1 on ones, I have been able to live long enough for backup to be on the way. Can't do that anymore, I cannot count on living long enough for someone else to get there in time to stop a cap.

First time I ran into this today, I waited for full resolve before using my break root, I was dead just after activating my unroot. The second time I went ahead and broke root right away, used a wz adrenal and medpack, then I was stunned again, dead before I came out of the stun. I lived a few seconds, could not run away, could not prolong my death. I did have enough time to type snow though.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.04.2014 , 11:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaerah View Post
Some classes can be 4 GCDed (or taken into execute range), take away 1 or 2 globals and...
This is so different from yesterday. Those DPS operatives and their execute ability.....
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
02.04.2014 , 11:18 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
This is so different from yesterday. Those DPS operatives and their execute ability.....
"Execute range" = the target indeed survives an handful of GCDs but he's on residual health and basically useless. (Edit: to explain even further: useless as anybody who sneezes nearby or has a spare execute off CD will unceremoniously finish him off as mere target of opportunity).

Gotta explain everything these days
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
02.04.2014 , 11:30 AM | #17
Another OP stealth class. Just what we needed. Bioware is so silly.

funkiestj's Avatar


funkiestj
02.04.2014 , 12:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Perhaps I just wearing rose colored glasses today, but the whining on the forums in general seems to be off the charts on a patch that isn't even 2 hours old yet.
It is a time honored tradition that the official game forums are dominated by ceaseless complaining and whining.

Go go Redit /r/swtor/ if you can a better environment.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.04.2014 , 12:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaerah View Post
"Execute range" = the target indeed survives an handful of GCDs but he's on residual health and basically useless. (Edit: to explain even further: useless as anybody who sneezes nearby or has a spare execute off CD will unceremoniously finish him off as mere target of opportunity).

Gotta explain everything these days
Think you need to make sense on why that is any different than now other than just another class can do it, who actually does not have an execute. You are obviously upset about something other than concealments/scrapper but feel inclined to whine about them due to your own class not getting what you'd like.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

iDerrien's Avatar


iDerrien
02.04.2014 , 12:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BocaProwler View Post
All it take is a few warzones to figure out that the same people that had a hard time taking you down yesterday are taking you down in a few seconds. It's not a L2P issue or I would of had these issues yesterday, last week, 2 years ago.

They got a huge buff, OPs and Scoundrels on the teams I've been are know that, they are talking about it.

So unless you are fully tanked spec'd don't bother guarding. When your guard calls for help, get there immediately.
or maybe it IS just a l2p issue because untill now you've been fighting an underpowered class?

even with those changes their dps is at Best on par with that of a dmg specced-assassin.