Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few questions regarding Ranked PvP for 2014.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A few questions regarding Ranked PvP for 2014.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lovethebeard
02.03.2014 , 10:40 PM | #1
Hello, BioWare. I'm writing this as I have a few concerns/questions about PvP in this game for 2014.
This first is ranked arenas; In my opinion, ranked is incredibly fun and it takes great co-ordination and skill to win a group/solo ranked game, but the problem is there is no incentive to do it. You earn rating for secret rewards (and epeen) that we, the player base have no idea what they are.

I'm sure if players new what kind of rewards at the end of each season were, they would flock to queue for ranked no problems. Now with season 1 coming to and end this year, we are expecting some pretty decent rewards for those that have devoted time and effort into getting high rating, I would hate for them to be disappointed with a title and some fireworks.

I ask if you would please let players know what they are working toward at the end of a season, as said above; people would flock to do ranked pvp with the idea of a sweet reward at the end.

The other issue id like to talk about is for those servers (eg. Jung Ma (RP-PvP) which have little to no ranked pops during peak hour. Do you have any future plans for cross server queues, even if it was just solo ranked? Unfortunately for me, just moving servers isn't a plausible answer. Jung Ma is my home and will be until a server merge or you shut the game down and i'm sure there are more people just like me.

Pretty please, BioWare. Even just acknowledge that you have taken these into account and I will be a happy camper.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

TaitWatson
02.04.2014 , 03:10 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey there!

I'm glad you brought this up! I can tell you that Season 1 will be ending with the release of Game Update 2.7. We are currently working on a blog for you all that will outline all the other information about the end of the season, including the rewards (and none of them are fireworks ). Look for this to be up by the end of the month.

That's all I can share currently, but if I get anything else, I will make sure to post it for you.

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Cwild
02.04.2014 , 03:11 PM | #3
o m g

Vildiil
02.04.2014 , 03:15 PM | #4
I know, I think we just witnessed a Unicorn.
Prophecy of the Five/Jedi Covenant - Izumi Legacy
Ja'xo//Jax-o - <Lethal Dose Fifty>
My PvP stream

EzioMessi
02.04.2014 , 03:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey there!

I'm glad you brought this up! I can tell you that Season 1 will be ending with the release of Game Update 2.7. We are currently working on a blog for you all that will outline all the other information about the end of the season, including the rewards (and none of them are fireworks ). Look for this to be up by the end of the month.

That's all I can share currently, but if I get anything else, I will make sure to post it for you.

-tw
Thanks for the response Tait.

I sure hope these rewards are amazingly unique and fun. I obviously won't be winning any but hopefully awesome rewards will increase the participation in Season 2.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

cycao
02.04.2014 , 03:16 PM | #6
And here we see a young developer stepping away from it's herd at the general forums to attempt to communicate with the PvP community...Let's stay tuned in for more.

befear
02.04.2014 , 03:16 PM | #7
Hey there!

-tw
tait said he reads the pvp section everyday. I think he has our back for the most part
Sephster <Intrepid>
http://www.twitch.tv/befear

Joesixxpack
02.04.2014 , 03:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vildiil View Post
I know, I think we just witnessed a Unicorn.
Should we run away or offer up virgin sacrifices

I'll be in the pve forum recruiting for latter just in case...
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

duigha
02.04.2014 , 03:18 PM | #9
Hey there!

-tw
You somehow restored my faith into a developer team (to be honest, it is really squishy faith - please don't break it).

Thank you for your feedback!
ToFN Zelí | Zelé
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”
[ PvP Arenas Statistics | TOFN PvP Records ]

Technohic
02.04.2014 , 03:20 PM | #10
Hey there!

-tw
Not fireworks, but is there a ship skin? If so, I advise you reconsider before every mentioning it.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.