Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best class to play in pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What is the best class to play in pvp?

AdmiralParmesan
02.02.2014 , 08:58 PM | #21
sorcs can make people pay more than any other class all while healing. Plus they can take infinite damage in force barrer.

probably too OP
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Ninjaguardiann
02.02.2014 , 10:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tevzz View Post
No, sorc is the best class, didn't u hear the devs, they said it themselves, all sorcs need to do when taking damage is to cut the line of sight, heal to full and make people pay.
i believe in your advice im going to go sage becasue on my sever repub seem to know what their doing in pvp.

Jetflair
02.03.2014 , 04:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninjaguardiann View Post
i believe in your advice im going to go sage becasue on my sever repub seem to know what their doing in pvp.
Well my experience is that they are easy to kill. So maybe I just haven't seen really good players a lot but then it suggest that they are only OP with good players. Infact I've heard lot of players who play them complain their survivability is not so great.

Most of classes with good players do seem to be pretty good. You should pick one that fits your own play style and which you can understand. Only way to do this is test them.

Cordorian
02.03.2014 , 05:49 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jetflair View Post
Well my experience is that they are easy to kill. So maybe I just haven't seen really good players a lot but then it suggest that they are only OP with good players. Infact I've heard lot of players who play them complain their survivability is not so great.

Most of classes with good players do seem to be pretty good. You should pick one that fits your own play style and which you can understand. Only way to do this is test them.
There are sorc and sages that can be a living nightmare if you play against them, but there arent that many, players that can pull that off. Sage/Sorc is one of the harder classes to play, since they are squishy as hell, the art is to overcome that factor by kiting LOSing, and offhealing. This doesnt really work well in arenas most of the time, that's why many people complain about them being so crap... that and the higher skill cap

AdrianDmitruk
02.03.2014 , 05:57 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordorian View Post
There are sorc and sages that can be a living nightmare if you play against them, but there arent that many, players that can pull that off. Sage/Sorc is one of the harder classes to play, since they are squishy as hell, the art is to overcome that factor by kiting LOSing, and offhealing. This doesnt really work well in arenas most of the time, that's why many people complain about them being so crap... that and the higher skill cap
The sage/sorcerer class is easy to learn but hard to master. The skill cap required to play the class may be higher than what many players are comfortable with.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Hei_Atzfel
02.03.2014 , 06:34 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tevzz View Post
No, sorc is the best class, didn't u hear the devs, they said it themselves, all sorcs need to do when taking damage is to cut the line of sight, heal to full and make people pay.
This ^^
Main(s);
Elite Warlord Saeari (60 Deception Assassin) - Master Zetallia (53 Infiltration Shadow)
Alt(s);
MinŠ (55 Vigilance Guardian) - SayŠ (60 Concealment Operative)

Smuglebunny
02.03.2014 , 08:36 AM | #27
You got trolled super hard. Be a guardian/jugg or a PT/Vangard

Technohic
02.03.2014 , 09:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
C;mon now. We are trying to give this guy serious advice as he seems to be quite serious himself. Your trolling is not helpful.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

Cordorian
02.03.2014 , 09:25 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
C;mon now. We are trying to give this guy serious advice as he seems to be quite serious himself. Your trolling is not helpful.
Ok so from what he wants there is actually only one answer that fits....... Rage Mara / Focus sent. Great defenses (btw CDs in game and decent damage mitigation) and massive, reliable, AOE burst damage. On top of that it is scarily easy to play. That is what gave this spec a bad name. So OP from your description that is what you want. But be warned it is pretty boring after after a while... then respec Carnage/Combat and play something proper:P

Excluding ranked arenas it doesn't really matter that much, with some amount of skill most classes can make quite an impact in regs (well depending on the group composition, but that is always the case). Sorcs aren't as bad as some people make them, but they surely have issues in same situations. Heck even concealment isn't as bad as i usually make it :P

Master-Nala
02.03.2014 , 09:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
Well sorta. It is true that a really exemplary Sage is awesome. It is just getting to that "truly exemplary" that is the problem!
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infil, Hard-top, Assault