Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Hacks

Raansu
02.01.2014 , 08:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
I'll say again, speed hacks *do* exist and are more common than they should be. Combat hacks I don't know, but they're probably a myth. Speed hacks are real and if you see one, report that player.
I'm not saying they don't exist, but I am saying I don't believe they are all that common. I've been playing since early access and I do nothing but pvp and I've seen one actual speed hacker the entire time I've played this game and it was blatantly obvious as he zipped around the map and capped the middle turret before anyone even got off the platform and then watched him zip away to our off node.

Was actually kinda funny to watch but ya, that was literally the only time I've ever seen any kind of hacking in this game.

Hexhno
02.01.2014 , 08:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
It's good you realise there's more to learn. Lots of people get defensive and insist their initial assumptions are correct, even when it's only down to understandable ignorance because they're new to a game.

The Bolster mechanic levels up everyone's stats in PvP warzones, so the level 30 is on pretty much equal footing as your level 46 so far as stats go. He will still be missing any abilties he doesn't have yet. Some classes (e.g. Sniper/Ginslinger) get hard-hitting abilities early, and the Bolster means these can really hurt even on lowbie characters.

Shadows / Sins get Force Breach / Recklessness, which near-guarantees crits on two hits, which helps burst on their big-ticket abilities. They also have Resilience / Force Shroud which makes them immune to Force or Tech attacks for a few seconds. Both these do yellow damage (i.e. yellow numbers when you hit people), so if a shadow starts glowing (Resilience indicator), all your flamy Tech attacks won't even scratch him. Time for Rail Shot or other white damage. It sounds like you faced a Shadow who popped resilience for immunity to your yellow damage attacks, then Force Breach to do two quick big crits to you. That's Shadows for you, they burst hard and have a great defensive cd (stealth too).

What you can do is enable combat logging in Preferences. This records everything you do / is done to you in combat to a text file in Star Wars / Combat Logs folder.

There have been a couple of hacks in the game, but these are chiefly down to speed hacks, and Bioware now seem to stomp them quick. Report them if you see them.

Lastly, try not to worry too much if people give you L2P response. There's a history on these forums of inexperienced players who don't understand how they got beat posting "HAXXXX!" threads and then refusing to accept that maybe they weren't cheated. It's pretty tiresome, repetitive, and people are reacting to that more than your post. Real hacks are vanishingly rare. Have fun and good luck.
Thanks for the advice. So what you are saying is that I there is not much I can do about the fact that there are some classes that do insane burst damage and block "be immune" to my damage? Man that is crazy ti think about, but I understand. One question.Is the immune skill timed or is it damage based? Meaning, that no matter how much damage they take, the immune will hold up? I will watch for the "yellow" text and if I see that, I will stop hitting that person and move to next target.

Thanks for the log file information. I will look at that as well and review what skills are hitting me for so much damage and try and read more about those skills.

Thanks.

Neoforcer
02.01.2014 , 08:56 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexhno View Post
I am level 46 with all level 45 gear slotted appropriately for my class, so in my eyes I am optimized accordingly. I will admit that I am a new player to this game and have much to learn. So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share. I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech. I have a few other chars in my account but a powertech is the char I play most often. I would even be willing to meet in game so you can show me your skills on how a level 30 can hit a level 46 so hard in PVP. I mean I would love to hit for 10K every swing of a saber or blast of a pistol. Please share!

PS. Does anyone know how I can see the amount of damage being done in the chat window?
Being optimized is different then just having 46 gear some stats are better for your class then others. My main is a sin i have a level 25 shadow that with bolster can hit for 10k and over just like my 55 main sin. This is do to the fact i know which stats are better for me IE power, Crit and surge with my main stat of willpower. Just throwing 46 armoring, mod and enhancements in your gear with augments is by no means optimized this is what optimization of stats do http://i.imgur.com/p9bwY2S.jpg notice even though this is a 55 the character stats http://imgur.com/rsojijC i can do the same thing with bolster in the lowbie bracket it not hard

L-RANDLE
02.01.2014 , 09:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'm not saying they don't exist, but I am saying I don't believe they are all that common. I've been playing since early access and I do nothing but pvp and I've seen one actual speed hacker the entire time I've played this game and it was blatantly obvious as he zipped around the map and capped the middle turret before anyone even got off the platform and then watched him zip away to our off node.

Was actually kinda funny to watch but ya, that was literally the only time I've ever seen any kind of hacking in this game.
#GingersKingofHaxony
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Raansu
02.01.2014 , 09:07 AM | #25
Thanks for the advice. So what you are saying is that I there is not much I can do about the fact that there are some classes that do insane burst damage and block "be immune" to my damage? Man that is crazy ti think about, but I understand. One question.Is the immune skill timed or is it damage based? Meaning, that no matter how much damage they take, the immune will hold up? I will watch for the "yellow" text and if I see that, I will stop hitting that person and move to next target.

Thanks for the log file information. I will look at that as well and review what skills are hitting me for so much damage and try and read more about those skills.

Thanks.
Assassins baseline ability force shroud gives them immunity to force/tech abilities.

Mercenary in the gunnery tree has a talent for chaff flares that when used it absorbs 1 tech/force attack and is active for 6 seconds.

Sorcerer has force barrier but that's basically a self stun and gives immunity to all damage but again, self stun so they can't do anything while channeling it.

Sorc static barrier isn't really an immunity but it absorbs a small amount of damage.

Sniper has a small window of immunity when they are using their roll (level 51 ability).

Undying rage doesn't have any immunities but it lowers all incoming damage by 99% so it may as well be, but since it doesn't have immunities to tech/force you can still stun/root/slow them if they pop it.

Guardians have a passive that gives them immunity for the first second of saber ward being popped.

Saber reflect is kind sort of an immunity? It reflects single target direct range damage and force/tech damage back to the enemy.

At 55 there are relics that absorb a moderate amount of damage.

Mmmm I'm probably missing something from a talent tree somewhere, but I can't recall anything else right now.

L-RANDLE
02.01.2014 , 09:11 AM | #26

Thanks.
It depends on what class you were up against, but if it was a Sin/Shadow, they have a cooldown that makes them immune to all force and tech attacks for 3-4 secs( Sins correct me about the timer thing). Only white damage attacks can get through during this time. If you see it, change your rotation to white attacks. It also could have been a shield generator. Even DPS classes can wear shield generators to absorb damage.

PTs are not really a comparable class to top tier DPS specs. Thurr strength average-good damage, with a bit if tankieness and control. Review your talents and skill tree, then you apply those to other classes' talents and skill trees, then decide whether you have the tools on your class to fit your playstyle..

Raansu
02.01.2014 , 09:12 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
#GingersKingofHaxony
Like I said. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I don't think they are that common either. I mean when was the last time you saw something as blatant as what gingers was doing?

Hei_Atzfel
02.01.2014 , 09:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
I don't know about combat hacks, but speed hacks do certainly exist.
Yeah once or twice I've seen people get to objectives in a WZ unnaturally fast when they had no speed buffs on their buff bar, but it's only happened like two or three times in all my time playing, so it's not a big issue.
Warlord Saeari Atzfel - Deception Assassin
Quote: Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
Healing was long overdue for a clubbing like a baby seal.
^ General forum's response to Operative healer nerf ^

Wainamoinen
02.01.2014 , 09:16 AM | #29
The glow on your target is the indicator he has activated the immunity. And it is immunity to your attacks that do damage with yellow numbers (the ones with Tech in their description). You can still damage him with attacks that do white damage (Ranged or Melee attacks - and you are a Powertech, so you only do Ranged or Tech damage. Force users do Force or Melee damage, non-Force do Tech and Ranged).

The immunity is 4 seconds on a cooldown (can talent for more), during which yellow damage can't hurt them. So you need to either use white damage attacks (e.g. Rail Shot) that ignore the immunity. Or maybe get away from them until it wears off and you can hurt them with your Tech abilities again.

Note that it is only Shadows (and the Imperial mirror class Assassins) who get this particular ability. Other classes have their own cool defensive CDs though, like Sentinel / Marauder with Guarded By The Force / Undying Rage, which gives a 99% damage reduction for 4 seconds. Make sure to turn on class markers above players in Preferences, to give you a better idea of what class your opponents are, so you know what tricks they may use.

Thanks.
np
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

L-RANDLE
02.01.2014 , 09:21 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I mean when was the last time you saw something as blatant as what gingers was doing?
Maybe once by a trollrolling+hackor in a game of huttball of all things(after the Gingers lolhax) in like 1000s of PVP matches.