Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Hacks

Vaerah
02.01.2014 , 06:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexhno View Post
So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share. I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech.
Why do you assume that a PT is meant to do 10k a hit? A shadow / sin, sure, some mara combos and a couple of big cooldowns / finishing moves can do that, but not everyone and not reliably.
Vaerah Shadow | Aykis Sentinel | Vaerah Vahrokha Sage | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | TRE server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm | Anthotyl Marauders | TRE server.

Raansu
02.01.2014 , 06:22 AM | #12
I am level 46 with all level 45 gear slotted appropriately for my class, so in my eyes I am optimized accordingly. I will admit that I am a new player to this game and have much to learn. So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share. I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech. I have a few other chars in my account but a powertech is the char I play most often. I would even be willing to meet in game so you can show me your skills on how a level 30 can hit a level 46 so hard in PVP. I mean I would love to hit for 10K every swing of a saber or blast of a pistol. Please share!

PS. Does anyone know how I can see the amount of damage being done in the chat window?
Only a few specs/classes can really break the 10k mark against geared players. PT's are not one of them(I mean they can, but its really rare). I've gotten 10-13k rail shots before, but its always against an undergeared player...usually a sorc.

KingKalbo
02.01.2014 , 07:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
I don't know about combat hacks, but speed hacks do certainly exist.

Just the other day there was a player on Korriban demonstrating the speed hack for people to see. He was a level 2 character that was moving faster than my 55 Sin with Force Speed on. No rocket boost or anything like that, just instant movement as if he was using Covered Escape (which, as a level 2 inquisitor, was most certainly not the case).

Yes there are speed hacks, yes people use them and if you see someone moving that quickly they are almost certainly hacking.
All this morn on harbinger regs..I'm moving as if in slow-mo until Im placed in group with the pvp'ers I was against..does that make sense?... if sages are moving faster than I can track with my camera moved all the way out..then something is wrong...very wrong..and it had nothing to do with my connection..was working fine.

JMESUN
02.01.2014 , 07:58 AM | #14
"But when I firing on a level person" So trust me when I say, this has nothing to do with intelligence.
are you sure about that?
░█╣╣╣█[]█╠╠█On that one shot, one kill, bringer of FATE!

L-RANDLE
02.01.2014 , 08:19 AM | #15
Your comments are laughable...I bet you are one of the people running these hacks then. I do by the way understand my class and other classes. But when I firing on a level person and they absorb, all my attacks and then turn around and hit me for 7K twice and I am dead...then something is going on. So trust me when I say, this has nothing to do with intelligence.
Getting hit for 7K isn't out of the ordinary, even in lowbie. My Sniper hits 7.5K Ambushes on the regular. All classes aren't created equal. Likely it wasn't hacks.

In the future, post a pic or video before you accuse.. Most of the time, its a computer issue, BW design issue, or lack of understanding of mechanics/ classes. Since launch I have only seen one haxor. And there was plenty of proof besides my confirmation.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

stealthrider
02.01.2014 , 08:29 AM | #16
I'll say again, speed hacks *do* exist and are more common than they should be. Combat hacks I don't know, but they're probably a myth. Speed hacks are real and if you see one, report that player.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wainamoinen
02.01.2014 , 08:33 AM | #17
I am level 46 with all level 45 gear slotted appropriately for my class, so in my eyes I am optimized accordingly. I will admit that I am a new player to this game and have much to learn. So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share.
It's good you realise there's more to learn. Lots of people get defensive and insist their initial assumptions are correct, even when it's only down to understandable ignorance because they're new to a game.
I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech. I have a few other chars in my account but a powertech is the char I play most often. I would even be willing to meet in game so you can show me your skills on how a level 30 can hit a level 46 so hard in PVP. I mean I would love to hit for 10K every swing of a saber or blast of a pistol. Please share!
The Bolster mechanic levels up everyone's stats in PvP warzones, so the level 30 is on pretty much equal footing as your level 46 so far as stats go. He will still be missing any abilties he doesn't have yet. Some classes (e.g. Sniper/Ginslinger) get hard-hitting abilities early, and the Bolster means these can really hurt even on lowbie characters.

Shadows / Sins get Force Breach / Recklessness, which near-guarantees crits on two hits, which helps burst on their big-ticket abilities. They also have Resilience / Force Shroud which makes them immune to Force or Tech attacks for a few seconds. Both these do yellow damage (i.e. yellow numbers when you hit people), so if a shadow starts glowing (Resilience indicator), all your flamy Tech attacks won't even scratch him. Time for Rail Shot or other white damage. It sounds like you faced a Shadow who popped resilience for immunity to your yellow damage attacks, then Force Breach to do two quick big crits to you. That's Shadows for you, they burst hard and have a great defensive cd (stealth too).
PS. Does anyone know how I can see the amount of damage being done in the chat window?
What you can do is enable combat logging in Preferences. This records everything you do / is done to you in combat to a text file in Star Wars / Combat Logs folder.

There have been a couple of hacks in the game, but these are chiefly down to speed hacks, and Bioware now seem to stomp them quick. Report them if you see them.

Lastly, try not to worry too much if people give you L2P response. There's a history on these forums of inexperienced players who don't understand how they got beat posting "HAXXXX!" threads and then refusing to accept that maybe they weren't cheated. It's pretty tiresome, repetitive, and people are reacting to that more than your post. Real hacks are vanishingly rare. Have fun and good luck.
There will be blood, it might be yours;
So go kill someone - signed, Bad Horse

Ilmarinen 65 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Y-Yorle
02.01.2014 , 08:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
It's good you realise there's more to learn. Lots of people get defensive and insist their initial assumptions are correct, even when it's only down to understandable ignorance because they're new to a game.

The Bolster mechanic levels up everyone's stats in PvP warzones, so the level 30 is on pretty much equal footing as your level 46 so far as stats go. He will still be missing any abilties he doesn't have yet. Some classes (e.g. Sniper/Ginslinger) get hard-hitting abilities early, and the Bolster means these can really hurt even on lowbie characters.

Shadows / Sins get Force Breach / Recklessness, which near-guarantees crits on two hits, which helps burst on their big-ticket abilities. They also have Resilience / Force Shroud which makes them immune to Force or Tech attacks for a few seconds. Both these do yellow damage (i.e. yellow numbers when you hit people), so if a shadow starts glowing (Resilience indicator), all your flamy Tech attacks won't even scratch him. Time for Rail Shot or other white damage. It sounds like you faced a Shadow who popped resilience for immunity to your yellow damage attacks, then Force Breach to do two quick big crits to you. That's Shadows for you, they burst hard and have a great defensive cd (stealth too).

What you can do is enable combat logging in Preferences. This records everything you do / is done to you in combat to a text file in Star Wars / Combat Logs folder.

There have been a couple of hacks in the game, but these are chiefly down to speed hacks, and Bioware now seem to stomp them quick. Report them if you see them.

Lastly, try not to worry too much if people give you L2P response. There's a history on these forums of inexperienced players who don't understand how they got beat posting "HAXXXX!" threads and then refusing to accept that maybe they weren't cheated. It's pretty tiresome, repetitive, and people are reacting to that more than your post. Real hacks are vanishingly rare. Have fun and good luck.
^ An excellent response. Couldn't have said it better myself.
The Guiran Legacy
Providence | Conflict | Proselytism
Catch me @ http://www.twitch.tv/elendus
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav

Hexhno
02.01.2014 , 08:45 AM | #19
If you have noticed that I never stated a char's name, but I will ensure that I post a pic next time since it seems to occur daily.

I am also not sure what is meant by a computer issue, so please share.

I understand that different classes do different levels of damage, however, I am a class that can take damage as well since I am considered an off-tank, so I don't think I should be taking as much damage as a light armor person as a heavy armor wearer.

If you have an idea you would like to add, please do so, if you have a build you would like to post for a powertech that you think will assist, please do.

Exkrux
02.01.2014 , 08:49 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaerah View Post
Why do you assume that a PT is meant to do 10k a hit? A shadow / sin, sure, some mara combos and a couple of big cooldowns / finishing moves can do that, but not everyone and not reliably.
A couple of big cd? Maul is instant, no cool down, How about smash monkeys. so heres a list of 10k hitters in my book.

Assassin-Smashers-Merc/commando-MM Sniper- blah blah, the only problem i have with this , is it is turning into wow. it is a progressive stat of dmg, pre2.0 there wasnt dmging abilities like this with people of the same tier of gear. And now after 2.0, these massive, consistant dmg attacks, are going to result in the same problem WoW had. Things are going to be coming close to being one shotted. Don"t beleive. FIne, dont take my word, just wait.
May the Force be with you. Always.