Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Hacks

Hexhno
02.01.2014 , 12:15 AM | #1
GMs,

What sort of information do you need from a player to prove people are cheating in PVP matches? Video, names, what?

Jimvinny
02.01.2014 , 12:28 AM | #2
Dude, you haven't been around very long. More than likely, what you think are hacks are simply abilities that you do not know of or do not understand. Don't feel bad about your ignorance, but do something about it. Learn what other classes can do. Not only will it help you understand what you are seeing, it will also help you counter those abilities.

Puissant
02.01.2014 , 12:34 AM | #3
Video would help tell you what those "hacks" really are.

Hexhno
02.01.2014 , 12:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
Dude, you haven't been around very long. More than likely, what you think are hacks are simply abilities that you do not know of or do not understand. Don't feel bad about your ignorance, but do something about it. Learn what other classes can do. Not only will it help you understand what you are seeing, it will also help you counter those abilities.
Your comments are laughable...I bet you are one of the people running these hacks then. I do by the way understand my class and other classes. But when I firing on a lower level person and they absorb all my attacks and then turn around and hit me for 7K twice and I am dead...then something is going on. So trust me when I say, this has nothing to do with intelligence.

Puissant
02.01.2014 , 01:03 AM | #5
Sounds like a shadow popped resilience and then force potency and hit you with force breach, shadow strike.
And this is the internet so pics or gtf, or in this case video.

Neoforcer
02.01.2014 , 01:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexhno View Post
Your comments are laughable...I bet you are one of the people running these hacks then. I do by the way understand my class and other classes. But when I firing on a level person and they absorb, all my attacks and then turn around and hit me for 7K twice and I am dead...then something is going on. So trust me when I say, this has nothing to do with intelligence.
I can hit you for 14k mauls 10k discharges and 10 shock all in a a mater of sec and your dead. This is called optimization of your stats that gear you get is optimized like crap. How did the person absorb your damage it called using the tank relics as a dps. if i optimize my stats even in lowbie pvp i can hit you for 10k hits every time. So like the person told you it is not hacks it how pvp works hear. Those with knowledge beat those with out seek out that knowledge and you wont get hit so hard.

LeHovah
02.01.2014 , 02:00 AM | #7
Wait, you're accusing someone as a hacker because they killed you?
Choix - Commando For Life

Jarvus
02.01.2014 , 03:55 AM | #8
A simple google search for SWTOR hacks confirms that it's not just in the realm of fantasy.
In terms of proving it, you should familiarize yourself with their methods. That means reading up on their hacks so you know what limitations they have so you will be able to identify them when you see them.

In terms of proving it to Customer Support, you will want to have FRAPS or another recording of it as it happens, ideally.

It's funny how when someone comes to forum in earnest with a question like this they get immediately slapped with L2P replies. So many trolls here more interested in seeming correct than in being correct.

Hexhno
02.01.2014 , 03:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
I can hit you for 14k mauls 10k discharges and 10 shock all in a a mater of sec and your dead. This is called optimization of your stats that gear you get is optimized like crap. How did the person absorb your damage it called using the tank relics as a dps. if i optimize my stats even in lowbie pvp i can hit you for 10k hits every time. So like the person told you it is not hacks it how pvp works hear. Those with knowledge beat those with out seek out that knowledge and you wont get hit so hard.
I am level 46 with all level 45 gear slotted appropriately for my class, so in my eyes I am optimized accordingly. I will admit that I am a new player to this game and have much to learn. So since it seems you have much knowledge relative to this game, please share. I guess what I would like to know is what armor plates, mobs, and enhancements I I should be running in order to do this 10K damage as a powertech. I have a few other chars in my account but a powertech is the char I play most often. I would even be willing to meet in game so you can show me your skills on how a level 30 can hit a level 46 so hard in PVP. I mean I would love to hit for 10K every swing of a saber or blast of a pistol. Please share!

PS. Does anyone know how I can see the amount of damage being done in the chat window?

stealthrider
02.01.2014 , 05:43 AM | #10
I don't know about combat hacks, but speed hacks do certainly exist.

Just the other day there was a player on Korriban demonstrating the speed hack for people to see. He was a level 2 character that was moving faster than my 55 Sin with Force Speed on. No rocket boost or anything like that, just instant movement as if he was using Covered Escape (which, as a level 2 inquisitor, was most certainly not the case).

Yes there are speed hacks, yes people use them and if you see someone moving that quickly they are almost certainly hacking.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ