Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Spoilers... In-Game?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Inquisitor Spoilers... In-Game?!

TheDarkPrime
02.03.2014 , 02:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguiluna View Post
Are you saying that the game auto-traveled your ship to Makeb even though you weren't done with the main questline?

Please tell me this isn't a consistent bug, I really don't feel like rushing through my main quest before hitting lvl 47.
Yes, that is exactly what happened. I clicked the holo-terminal at 47 and it started a conversation with Darth Marr, then instantly flew me to Makebb where Marr spoilered the ending of my 1-50 storyline. If you don't want to be spoiled, DO NOT CLICK THE HOLOTERMINAL after level 45. Make sure you pick up all your storyline quests before you reach that level.

AbsolutGrndZero
02.03.2014 , 02:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkPrime View Post
Yes, that is exactly what happened. I clicked the holo-terminal at 47 and it started a conversation with Darth Marr, then instantly flew me to Makebb where Marr spoilered the ending of my 1-50 storyline. If you don't want to be spoiled, DO NOT CLICK THE HOLOTERMINAL after level 45. Make sure you pick up all your storyline quests before you reach that level.
I do 100% agree they need to fix it so you cant go to Makeb until you finish your main class story. Being able to do it out of order in a game so highly focused on the story is kinda silly.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

CloudCastle
02.03.2014 , 04:11 PM | #23
Your holoterminal can "hold" more than one quest in it, so to speak. It is safe to click your holoterminal after level 45 if you have a quest specifically telling you to do so. That quest will take precedence. If, however, when you are done with the conversation, your holoterminal is still lit up with a triangle over it, and you have no quest in your log instructing you to use your holoterminal, then that is the Makeb quest marker and you should not click it.

I have taken characters to level 50 since ROTC came out and this is how I avoid any spoilers on them until I am ready.

Sanguiluna
02.03.2014 , 05:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
Your holoterminal can "hold" more than one quest in it, so to speak. It is safe to click your holoterminal after level 45 if you have a quest specifically telling you to do so. That quest will take precedence. If, however, when you are done with the conversation, your holoterminal is still lit up with a triangle over it, and you have no quest in your log instructing you to use your holoterminal, then that is the Makeb quest marker and you should not click it.

I have taken characters to level 50 since ROTC came out and this is how I avoid any spoilers on them until I am ready.
Okay. I had thought that selecting your galaxy map automatically triggered a cutscene taking you to Makeb.

So just out of caution, has there been any reported bugs where even if you have a holoterminal objective in your main quest, the game circumvents it and triggers the Makeb cutscene instead?
It is always midnight in the writer's soul.

Lithy
02.03.2014 , 08:00 PM | #25
The game sends you a mail specifically telling you that if you do this it will spoil the story of 1-50 for you. I get this on every toon I make. They do have a warning. Sorry you missed it though, that does really suck.
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

AbsolutGrndZero
02.04.2014 , 07:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
The game sends you a mail specifically telling you that if you do this it will spoil the story of 1-50 for you. I get this on every toon I make. They do have a warning. Sorry you missed it though, that does really suck.
Yes, but still they need to fix it so they don't even need to send that email. Especially since with a new toon, doesn't it get sent at level 1? I don't recall because when I make a new character, I just "Select All" "Get all attachments" "Delete all messages" then go to the cargo hold and deposit my speeders, toys, etc. I get like 14 emails on new characters, I don't even read them anymore.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Lithy
02.04.2014 , 08:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Yes, but still they need to fix it so they don't even need to send that email. Especially since with a new toon, doesn't it get sent at level 1? I don't recall because when I make a new character, I just "Select All" "Get all attachments" "Delete all messages" then go to the cargo hold and deposit my speeders, toys, etc. I get like 14 emails on new characters, I don't even read them anymore.
Unfortunatly i like to go to makeb early on alts to speed up leveling, so not sure how to still let u start the main story without it being there.
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

Don_Queso
03.26.2014 , 10:29 PM | #28
what the hell?? can i abandon the quests and do makeb later?! as 47 healer its frustrating to fight lvl 51 NPCs. can anyone give me advice?

KorinHyvek
03.27.2014 , 07:11 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Don_Queso View Post
what the hell?? can i abandon the quests and do makeb later?! as 47 healer its frustrating to fight lvl 51 NPCs. can anyone give me advice?
I'm not sure if you can abandon a class story (leaning towards, "No," though), but you can always leave the planet and come back later. this is an MMO- unless theres a timer on the objective in your quest log, you can come back 2 years later and the situation won't have changed.
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

Kaedusz
03.27.2014 , 02:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkPrime View Post
So I finally got around to finishing out my Sith Inquisitor (Sorceror). I had just hit level 47 and was about to head to Corellia for the next chapter when my ship was hijacked by the game and landed me on Makeb. This is my highest character so I was like oh ok the game must want me to do this first.... WRONG! The Sith guy meets me at the dock and tells me *spoiler alert* about how now that Thanaton is dead & I'm on the Dark Council then blah blah blah. WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.
Sorry but, by that time you must have known by default that you are going to ascend to the Dark Council and that you are going to kill Thanaton.