Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Spoilers... In-Game?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Inquisitor Spoilers... In-Game?!

TheDarkPrime
01.28.2014 , 05:10 PM | #1
So I finally got around to finishing out my Sith Inquisitor (Sorceror). I had just hit level 47 and was about to head to Corellia for the next chapter when my ship was hijacked by the game and landed me on Makeb. This is my highest character so I was like oh ok the game must want me to do this first.... WRONG! The Sith guy meets me at the dock and tells me *spoiler alert* about how now that Thanaton is dead & I'm on the Dark Council then blah blah blah. WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.

Kain_Turinbar
01.28.2014 , 06:13 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkPrime View Post
So I finally got around to finishing out my Sith Inquisitor (Sorceror). I had just hit level 47 and was about to head to Corellia for the next chapter when my ship was hijacked by the game and landed me on Makeb. This is my highest character so I was like oh ok the game must want me to do this first.... WRONG! The Sith guy meets me at the dock and tells me *spoiler alert* about how now that Thanaton is dead & I'm on the Dark Council then blah blah blah. WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.
This must happen to everyone at L47 now.

I'm still pretty new to the game and when my Jedi Knight hit L47 the same exact thing happened to me........I was hijacked to Makeb and the Supreme Chancellor commended me for killing the Emperor!?! I posted in general chat I couldn't believe this game had built in spoilers and the response was just to make fun of me.

Raynezazki
01.28.2014 , 11:20 PM | #3
I'm sorry but if by lvl 47 as a JK you don't realize you're going to kill the Emperor you kind of earned that laughter. It's on the same lvl as being surprised by the SW and SI end bosses. I mean really.

That said Makeb really should have a confirmation with a little box that tells you this might spoil the end of your class story do you wish to proceed.

Dontelar
01.29.2014 , 12:54 AM | #4
Yeah, I remember doing that with my Juggernaut as well. I am the Wrath. Ooook, what does that mean? That at least wan't really a spoiler, as I had no clue what it meant anyways. Now I know better than to click on my holo-terminal with high level characters if I'm not done the class story yet.

AlexDougherty
01.29.2014 , 03:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
This must happen to everyone at L47 now.
Yes, once you hit level 46 don't activate the Holoterminal on your ship unless a quest says so, otherwise spoilers.

PS I know it's level 47, but give yourself a level as a buffer
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

DSpectre
01.29.2014 , 11:34 AM | #6
Although i understand the issues... but

HONESTLY if you CAN'T tell who your final boss is by the start of the 3rd Act, you deserve to have that smacked in your face. Like you have to be REALLY oblivious to not know who it will be by the end of the second Act.

PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

Kain_Turinbar
01.29.2014 , 01:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
I'm sorry but if by lvl 47 as a JK you don't realize you're going to kill the Emperor you kind of earned that laughter. It's on the same lvl as being surprised by the SW and SI end bosses. I mean really.

That said Makeb really should have a confirmation with a little box that tells you this might spoil the end of your class story do you wish to proceed.
This is false. Everything would tell you that yes, this is leading up to a confrontation with the Emperor. However I have been surprised by Bioware throwing in plot twists before (and frankly I always hope for these since good 'ol generic good vs evil stores are so easy to predict) and as the game is still ongoing (since it is an MMO) for all I knew I was going to "beat" him only to find out he didn't really die and popped up somewhere else. So really it was only a spoiler in that it was a disappointment that my storyline was going to for sure go the predictable path and throw me no curves.

My main issue for it is just how poorly conceived it was on the developer's part to trigger Makeb in this fashion..........I mean were they even thinking AT ALL?? A developer placed built-in spoiler just seems so cheap and poorly thought out........there I was putzing around in Chapter 2 and suddenly I'm getting congratulated for killing the Emperor, seems legit thanks Devs.

Nydus
01.29.2014 , 01:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkPrime View Post
WHAT THE HELL?! This idiot just spoiled the ending that I HAD NOT EVEN DONE YET... at level 47. Please fix this so it doesn't screw me over if I level another class.
+1. I think this is a legitimate complaint and a bug that should be fixed. Maybe Makeb should be 50 restricted content?"

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Kilikaa
01.29.2014 , 01:59 PM | #9
Wouldn't hitting the ESCAPE key cancel the cinematic and allow you to return to Makeb later to start the cinematic again? You do get plenty of time to hit the button before anything is spoiled, right?

Dontelar
01.29.2014 , 03:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
+1. I think this is a legitimate complaint and a bug that should be fixed. Maybe Makeb should be 50 restricted content?"

- Arcada
I think it would make more sense to simply require you to have finished chapter 3 before the conversation is available, regardless of level. My first character hit 55 on Voss. Which means the stuff in that conversation would have still been a spoiler when I was at 55.

I'm now done the class story, but still haven't started Makeb yet, as I want to play through the planets in the order they were intended, so I am now working on Illum.