Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jerba
01.27.2014 , 06:11 PM | #11
Quote:
This means Group Finder will match the first four players it finds, which translates into drastically shorter queue times, especially for DPS classes.
Unless of course you are a tank or a healer.
This does not shorten the queues, it just averages them out, so tanks and healers will no longer get nearly instant queue pops but will have to wait just as long as DPS. Queue times for Czerka SM flashpoints already feel too long when you are used to instant pops.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vodamin View Post
I hope there will be a Hardmode of this one. And not a class neutral one.
I second this. A harder version of the flashpoint would be great.

Kusch
01.27.2014 , 06:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Make ALL flashpoints role-neutral!!!!!

Even hard modes... DPS shouldn't have to wait an hour and 30 mins for a Q to pop
Now that would be a disaster and one of the few reasons I'd stop playing , as it has been mentioned before, abandoning the holy trinity would create a Guild War 2 like gameplay and the "Flashpoints" in GW 2 suck.
Why do DPS have to wait as long as they have to? And granted it sucks , but it's simple bad DPS (pulling before the tank does, not killing the low mobs first , not giving the tank time to get aggro etc.) leads to annoyed tanks and healers. Bad healers annoy tanks just as much as DPS do therfore tanks tend to cue only for the quests and then they're done instead of doing a couple of extra rounds. It's basicaly a home made problem *shrug*

jhbigpappa
01.27.2014 , 06:25 PM | #13
when does this come out?

EzioMessi
01.27.2014 , 06:44 PM | #14
I totally love the idea of randomized scenarios. I don't know whether the level/role neutral idea will take of or not, but randomized scenarios is a must for all future FPs. It'll be so much more fun not knowing what comes next.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Skondy
01.27.2014 , 07:18 PM | #15
Will gear drop in this flashpoint?
<Interdictor>
Docile Honeybadger
This... is the Honey Badger

Sheike
01.27.2014 , 07:18 PM | #16
If only you guys would put this much effort into some new assault maps for PvP.

Jerba
01.27.2014 , 08:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jhbigpappa View Post
when does this come out?
On February 4th, a.k.a. in eight days.

Quote: Originally Posted by Skondy View Post
Will gear drop in this flashpoint?
From what I have seen, there is only a chance for lvl 53 gear to drop from the final boss. So this flashpoint is more for getting credits and reputation and not for gear.

metwars
01.27.2014 , 08:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
From what I have seen, there is only a chance for lvl 53 gear to drop from the final boss. So this flashpoint is more for getting credits and reputation and not for gear.
Yea, This seems to be mostly a leveling flashpoint then anything else, though hopefully they add a HM version later

sandisrd
01.27.2014 , 08:31 PM | #19
Incredible, thank you very much!...
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

Dragen
01.27.2014 , 08:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodamin View Post
No, this is a bad idea. If all flashpoints become role neutral, then tanks and healers are going to be kicked out of the groups left and right.
Do you want a good example of a role neutral mmo? GW2. Guess what evry1 is running there? A dps (zerker).
SWTOR is an mmo with a holy trinity, it should matter.
The longer queue times for dpsers is not role related problems! Why in WoW they dont have long queues? I guess you can answer this question by yourself.
Well said m8 well said
http://raptr.com/badge/appendix/fs_pc.png

"Rattataki Jedi Sentinel @ Progenitor. In very active Republic Of Starlight Guild that has good website,TS3 & chilled people"