Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Bioware should never do another Double XP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why Bioware should never do another Double XP.

Andryah
01.27.2014 , 05:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
While the fact that the ship droid was a better healer is very bad, I don't think double XP is the issue. I think that healer would have been bad whatever happened.

Also I love those weekends - it's nice to over-level and be able to skip bonus missions that I'm not fond of.
Yeah.. there is absolutely zero proof that the root cause here is double xp. OP is just being provocative, and is going to get served by the forum membership on the topic of double xp.... because it is very popular with the players.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive,” - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

tanerb
01.27.2014 , 05:39 PM | #22
as much as I hate double xp, I don't think the issue is it this time. the issue is people leveling up without playing any fps and then start playing fps directly with hard modes.

also, the fastest way of leveling up is playing fps. you don't need to do anything else other than class missions and certainly you don't need double xps but few people do that.

Andryah
01.27.2014 , 05:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Still the amount of awful in queues increases proportionally to the amount of bonus XP gained, multiplied by the Awful Gear coefficient. Seen people in Maelstrom running in unmodded Athiss/Hammer gear.
Nonsense. Bad players will be bad regardless. Double xp does not make players bad, bad playing makes players bad.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive,” - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

WSRB
01.27.2014 , 07:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Nonsense. Bad players will be bad regardless. Double xp does not make players bad, bad playing makes players bad.
Amen.

MaximusRex
01.27.2014 , 08:22 PM | #25
1. Correlation is not causation. Double Bonus XP weekends have about nothing to do with the quality of a player. If anything, a healer will be made worse by solo content, not soloing faster.

2. How many maxed out alts did C2's owner have, because tons of presence in a leveling instance will make a companion fairly uber.

Gundqr
01.27.2014 , 08:42 PM | #26
Was there a double XP event recently that I am unaware of? Otherwise Im not sure why you would be feeling the effects of a crap healer now.

And yes I agree with others, this was an issue of a crappy player doing crappy things. We see it all the time in PUG groups, which is all I do.
Ghamora - 55 Powertech Akoni - 55 Comando
Thundagá - Sorcerer Leari - Sentinel
The Ebonheart Legacy

Helig
01.27.2014 , 08:42 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The awfuls are always there. But there's also direct correlation. Maybe it makes them come out of their holes.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Arkerus
01.27.2014 , 09:22 PM | #28
Incorrect causation attributed to double XP.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Zoom_VI
01.27.2014 , 10:00 PM | #29
I agree, we shouldn't do anymore double XP, instead we should have quadruple XP weekends.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Mowermanx
01.27.2014 , 10:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I agree, we shouldn't do anymore double XP, instead we should have quadruple XP weekends.
No, there should be a 55 button.