Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Bioware should never do another Double XP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why Bioware should never do another Double XP.

Helig
01.26.2014 , 10:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
This illusion that some have about people not learning their classes because of double XP is astounding.
That bad healer would still be a bad healer, it would just take him longer to get there.
And what about all those people who know how to play a healer and want to level up a 2nd, 3rd or even a 10th healer?
Do they have to suffer through the sidequests and planetary quests again just to spare you that one bad healer that will eventually get there anyway?

Don't blame the double xp, blame the fact that some people are crap at playing.
Still the amount of awful in queues increases proportionally to the amount of bonus XP gained, multiplied by the Awful Gear coefficient. Seen people in Maelstrom running in unmodded Athiss/Hammer gear.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

hadoken
01.26.2014 , 10:17 AM | #12
This is a pretty terrible reason/excuse why not to. It's not like leveling is so difficult that bad players are weeded out when it takes longer. There's plenty of bads at 55.

Reno_Tarshil
01.26.2014 , 10:57 AM | #13
I apologize but I feel this has nothing to do with Double XP at all. There are plenty of players who will be bad regardless how fast they level.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

ekwalizer
01.26.2014 , 10:59 AM | #14
This illusion that some have about people not learning their classes because of double XP is astounding.
That bad healer would still be a bad healer, it would just take him longer to get there.
And what about all those people who know how to play a healer and want to level up a 2nd, 3rd or even a 10th healer?
Do they have to suffer through the sidequests and planetary quests again just to spare you that one bad healer that will eventually get there anyway?

Right here. Ultimately bads are going to be bad. I understand the argument that the percentage of bads goes up with double-xp ... but I don't agree with it. With NO xp increase, a host of players were level 50 within early access of game launch. And yes, there were bads in that first group too.

This game does not require ANY skill or thought to level up. There will always be players that cannot shift from single player tactics to group tactics. It's just the nature of the beast. I love this game, but like so many others, there is virtually no incentive to grouping while leveling up.

PhantomAxe
01.26.2014 , 11:10 AM | #15
2x XP should be an option for those with maxed Legacy, not a weekend perk for all.
"I sense a disturbance in the Force!"

Blackholeskipper
01.26.2014 , 11:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PhantomAxe View Post
2x XP should be an option for those with maxed Legacy, not a weekend perk for all.
Yes please! Make it optional! I level too fast as it is.

morfius
01.27.2014 , 03:55 AM | #17
Not a double XP issue... PuGs were always same, there was almost every PuG a brain dead player jump on.
Mostly DPS but time to time there is a healer or tank that doesn't give a banta crap about group and play... last time (before a week ... near a month after DXP) we PuGed TC HM with newbe off tank (comm 69s) that after 5 minutes explanation and show how to arrange and use Iso5 buff decided to show how good it is via stealing boss from me ... leaving adds to pray on DPS assigned to kill them.
Fun part was that with 2nd healer and 1 more DPS on ads with agro rotation was able to burn them nice and we make it (I was thinking leaving him on boss but after taunt he was melting like snow in August even with buff).
When exited I just asked why newbe ignored all explanation and OPS announcements - I got angry answer to not bash him after a success.
Good look on those next pugs with him...
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Pingonaut
01.27.2014 , 03:57 AM | #18

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Where would you get the idea that double xp causes this? Because you level slightly faster? I hate to tell you, but if you're a sub you already level hecka quick without double xp.

slafko
01.27.2014 , 04:04 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
While the fact that the ship droid was a better healer is very bad, I don't think double XP is the issue. I think that healer would have been bad whatever happened.
This right here.

Double XP events are very nice and should be done more frequently.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Banegio
01.27.2014 , 05:34 PM | #20
Our metrics show the sale of levelling consumables from CM increase by 6000% during double xp and so as our bank account. Sorry to keep you waiting. We are just fine tuning the gap between double xp periods to make it most effective to our wallets.