Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fleet Dueling zone/area Petition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Fleet Dueling zone/area Petition

Joesixxpack
01.28.2014 , 07:24 AM | #21
/signed

Do want.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Arcadius-Fett
01.28.2014 , 08:06 AM | #22
This would be nice.
Ziara - Vanaden
The Shadowlands

cycao
01.28.2014 , 08:17 AM | #23
I asked this like 2 years ago when they did that Q&A

cycao: I was wondering if there is any plan to implement dueling on the fleet. I feel if you remove the restriction on dueling on the fleet it will be a nice way to pass the time.

Daniel: This is a popular request and one we’re actively looking into. Right now we’re making sure performance will stay solid if the fleet breaks out in a duel-fest so it may be restricted to a certain area when/if it comes.

CRNphg
01.28.2014 , 08:26 AM | #24
/Signed

Could even be a seperate station or starship on the map to take the load of the main fleet.
Add PVP vendors, quest terminal and perhaps GTN and it'd be enough.
Raten - Insanity - Red eclipse
"Observation: I am a droid, master, with programming. Even if I did not enjoy killing, I would have no choice. Thankfully, I enjoy it very much."

MotorCityMan
01.28.2014 , 08:49 AM | #25
99% of dueling is the foreplay of bad mouthing each other and each others mom in general chat anyways. So if they did this there would be even more morons calling each other names 24/7 in general chat on fleet.
There is already a QT option for travel to the Tat pvp area. Too much trouble to click it?

cycao
01.28.2014 , 08:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
99% of dueling is the foreplay of bad mouthing each other and each others mom in general chat anyways. So if they did this there would be even more morons calling each other names 24/7 in general chat on fleet.
There is already a QT option for travel to the Tat pvp area. Too much trouble to click it?
Lol dem meanies.

CRNphg
01.28.2014 , 09:16 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
The pvp areas on any of the worlds don't offer the experience what people are clearly looking for.
A social gathering place which enables people to test their skills on each other or just watch others doing so.

In an MMO I used to play, right outside of most of the cities, there was casual PVP going on.
There was always a crowd gathered and you could participate and watch other players combat.
The only fact which made these spots so popular is that they were right outside the safe zone of the city where everyone gathered.
"Observation: I am a droid, master, with programming. Even if I did not enjoy killing, I would have no choice. Thankfully, I enjoy it very much."

cycao
01.28.2014 , 09:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CRNphg View Post
The pvp areas on any of the worlds don't offer the experience what people are clearly looking for.
A social gathering place which enables people to test their skills on each other or just watch others doing so.

In an MMO I used to play, right outside of most of the cities, there was casual PVP going on.
There was always a crowd gathered and you could participate and watch other players combat.
The only fact which made these spots so popular is that they were right outside the safe zone of the city where everyone gathered.
Also no mission terminals or PvP vendors. I bet if they had those in the den more people would be inclined to go there. Personally I wouldn't but only since my load time on that planet is insane.

Tankqull
01.28.2014 , 09:30 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CRNphg View Post
/Signed

Could even be a seperate station or starship on the map to take the load of the main fleet.
Add PVP vendors, quest terminal and perhaps GTN and it'd be enough.
as i said simply move the pvp part of the station over to ilum, that way every one can duel if he likes groups can roam(and fight the other factions group) on the surface while waiting for another WZ/arena.

everyone has an advantage that way.

CRNphg
01.28.2014 , 10:24 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
as i said simply move the pvp part of the station over to ilum, that way every one can duel if he likes groups can roam(and fight the other factions group) on the surface while waiting for another WZ/arena.

everyone has an advantage that way.
I partly agree in using Illum, however as cycao mentioned the added loading time the planets generally bring with them there is already a downside to using Illum or any other planet for that matter.
Sometimes I just park my character on my ship when queueing up for warzones.

But why try to relocate, when it is clear that the fleet is already the largest gathering point, other than to bring life to Illum again?