Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I cant do Ops

Prototypemind
12.28.2013 , 11:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
One of my guild mates knew the fight, and I thought he'd explain it. He offered to do it in TS, but no one had it.
Indeed, but you're the raid leader so it falls to you. Whoever is running the raid either makes the explanations or says, "One sec guys, So and So is going to cover the fight quickly". Not coming down on you, just saying that as the leader you have to take charge and make sure that every knows what's up. You see now how much more important it is in a pug run; guildmates will generally stick it out through wipes, pugs do not have the same consistency =p

Rasen
12.28.2013 , 12:17 PM | #12
Definitely if you are the raid leader it falls on you. If you're buddy offered to explain in ts and noone didn't come on ts that doesn't mean you don't try to explain through text. I know it can be a hassle, but if you want a run to succeed it needs to be explained. Personally I am shocked that noone offered to explain. Usually you get a few experienced players that jump in to help when things aren't going well. Good luck with your future endeavors though!

JouerTue
12.30.2013 , 06:21 AM | #13
8 men pug tend to fail compared to 16 men due to ppl annoyed by wipes for mere elite comms..and it's more important to stick to duties and roles..in 16 men pugs you can have like 10 ppl acting like headless chickens and still having the job done

Elusive_Thing
12.30.2013 , 09:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
8 men pug tend to fail compared to 16 men due to ppl annoyed by wipes for mere elite comms..and it's more important to stick to duties and roles..in 16 men pugs you can have like 10 ppl acting like headless chickens and still having the job done
I find fights like the last boss in DP to be much harder with 16 players. Too many people can derp kill themselves.

Bowenator
12.30.2013 , 12:11 PM | #15
Not sure about your server, but there are constant 16m weekly pugs (and some full clears too) running for TFB and S&V in particular where even the derpiest can get carried through. If you're dps or heals especially, and want to experience the ops I recommend jumping in someone elses' group. Learn the fights, get some boss achievements, and then you'll be better prepared to run your own ops.
Bro on Jedi Covenant - confusing your voice chat since 2011
Bro, Bro-curious, Bro-bafett, Bro'backmtn, Bro-lolololol
Bro-biden, Bro-bot, Donthealme-bro, Bro-biwan, Pawpatine

TheSupaCoopa
12.30.2013 , 02:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowenator View Post
Not sure about your server, but there are constant 16m weekly pugs (and some full clears too) running for TFB and S&V in particular where even the derpiest can get carried through. If you're dps or heals especially, and want to experience the ops I recommend jumping in someone elses' group. Learn the fights, get some boss achievements, and then you'll be better prepared to run your own ops.
I'm on Begeren Colony.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Bowenator
12.30.2013 , 03:33 PM | #17
I'm on Begeren Colony.
Saw the server in your sig, just not sure what the state of pugging is there. Although looking at a couple of other threads, seems like there are a lot fewer groups running than on Jedi Covenant. Good luck.
Bro on Jedi Covenant - confusing your voice chat since 2011
Bro, Bro-curious, Bro-bafett, Bro'backmtn, Bro-lolololol
Bro-biden, Bro-bot, Donthealme-bro, Bro-biwan, Pawpatine

TheSupaCoopa
12.31.2013 , 04:25 PM | #18
Duran'del here:

I tries to do TC and Xeno SM(16-man). I got both done, but out of the 4 Arkanian Pieces that dropped ( Chest, Boots, Pants, and Chest), I only got the legs. I had politely asked that if any ark pieces, minus helmet, dropped, that I could have them. No one replied(In fact, I probably was ignored) and I walked out of both ops with only one piece of loot.

I don't ever want to raid again. I can't understand why BW didn't make it so an ark kit dropped for each group member(but it wouldn't be the same type of piece). Quite frankly, its semotivating and depressing to people to head into an op and walk out with no gear, just wasted time.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Kaidensareno
12.31.2013 , 07:36 PM | #19
Are you being serious? You don't get any loot so you think raiding is pointless? Boo hoo. Run a TFB or an SnV 16m SM and need on what you actually need. Chances are that if you are running with a semi-decent group of players from a Pug run that no one will honest to god need Arkanian Gear. BASIC commendations give 69s. You shouldn't even be bothering to progress into 69s in the first place. Throw yourself in whatever you can get and use your elite commendations from the Ops you do run to pick up a set of 72s.

Your own failure to run groups isn't anyone's fault but your own. And if your server can't form pugs to run SM content, you might be on the wrong server.

grrrly
01.01.2014 , 08:49 AM | #20
Duran'del here:

I tries to do TC and Xeno SM(16-man). I got both done, but out of the 4 Arkanian Pieces that dropped ( Chest, Boots, Pants, and Chest), I only got the legs. I had politely asked that if any ark pieces, minus helmet, dropped, that I could have them. No one replied(In fact, I probably was ignored) and I walked out of both ops with only one piece of loot.
You were very lucky to get anything in a 16 man Xeno run! And a common rule you'll see in ops for gear is a maximum of one set piece (Arkanian etc) per person for the entire operation, and that's only if you win the roll on one. A pug group certainly doesn't care if you want the gear, other people want to win the roll too and they probably need the pieces as much as you do.

If we could all walk out of an operation with a full set of gear, there wouldn't be any point in us doing that content again, would there? Gearing up is a process, run lots of ops, earn lots of comms and you'll get there. But remember that nobody owes you anything, and everyone else in the ops group is just as important as you are.