Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Need vs Greed Loot W****s


slafko's Avatar


slafko
12.24.2013 , 01:22 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
I don't believe this nice guy mentality is right. Everyone should get the opportunity to roll, everyone should have the ability to win.
I believe that "nice guy" mentality is the way to go.

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
12.24.2013 , 01:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I believe that "nice guy" mentality is the way to go.
Agreeing to disagree.

RandomXChance's Avatar


RandomXChance
12.24.2013 , 10:19 AM | #23
I agree with both sides here. When I run an ops group, the loot rule is one desirable item (a token relic, implant or set piece) per person regardless of current gear. As others have stated, they are present and contributing, so should be allowed a shot.

Personally, when a new character hits 55, I have so many Ultimate and Elite comms on assorted other characters that they are immediately in 72/78's and are geared for any operation. At that point is just set and relics/implants.
It is so easy to get comm gear that I feel needing on gear for an alt is unnecessary for the most part. Needing on stuff just to vendor it "because I should get something from this run" is just full retard.

LordKantner's Avatar


LordKantner
12.24.2013 , 11:14 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I believe that "nice guy" mentality is the way to go.
Nope your side is wrong sorry.
Severity Gaming
Kantner - Commando AS / Kingslaya - Mercenary Pyro
Commando - Assault Specialist 2.6 PvE Guide
Gunship Record Holder For Top Kills In GSF

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
12.24.2013 , 02:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
I don't believe this nice guy mentality is right. Everyone should get the opportunity to roll, everyone should have the ability to win.
The problem with this sort of thinking is that people do not apply it to themselves.

I've heard your argument before. One guy is carrying the whole group, takes a nice drop that he won on need for his alt. I'm a bit miffed but I say nothing. The same guy, two days later on his lower alt, throws a tantrum when someone else needs for a hilt he can use for their alt. When I bring up that he did the exact same thing a few days before he says he's not running ops for other people to gear their alts.

Everyone says they're fair. Everyone claims they're just trying to have fun and get some utility out of the run. And as far as I'm concerned, everytime I've met someone pushing that line, they end up not wanting it to apply to themselves. Maybe you're different...but after having seen dozens of instances of this kind of double-sided thinking, I am doubtful.

When I run in GF I assume I'm going to be ninja'd to hell and back. I ask for the loot rules at the beginning and if I don't like them I drop and they can find another tank or heal. The very first time I get ninja'd I put the offender on ignore, tell the ops team why I'm dropping, and drop. If I'm being carried by a guy and he wants to roll need on something I really need that's his choice, and as long as that was stated up front I could care less. I personally do not roll need for alts (which is why mine are geared like crap, lol).
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
12.24.2013 , 03:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
Would you rather that person came on an under-geared alt or a fully geared main to carry those not so geared through?
If you are overgeared for the op you are running, most likely you have a stash of useless comms on one or more toons. Spend those to gear your alt in comms gear, and bring the alt.

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
12.24.2013 , 03:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
why shouldn't I get a piece of gear for my alt?
Because your alt isn't there and isn't participating. If you want ops gear for your alt, run ops on your alt.

LordKantner's Avatar


LordKantner
12.24.2013 , 08:48 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Because your alt isn't there and isn't participating. If you want ops gear for your alt, run ops on your alt.
Okay lets forget Alts. Lets say you are rolling for an off spec on the character that is raiding.

Then should you not have a chance to roll on gear? The potential use on the gear is the same. It's unfair to prioritize under-geared people in a pug.

It's like voting. No matter how stupid or smart you are, you get 1 vote. Nobody gets more votes nor do they have their vote count for more because of what they have or what they do.

It is fair and equal.
Severity Gaming
Kantner - Commando AS / Kingslaya - Mercenary Pyro
Commando - Assault Specialist 2.6 PvE Guide
Gunship Record Holder For Top Kills In GSF

Nykima's Avatar


Nykima
12.24.2013 , 10:01 PM | #29
I just got done getting kicked from a group because apparently its ridiculous for me to get angry about someone stealing a piece of legendary gear that i actually needed only to sell it at the NPC.

Its getting out of hand, these people need to start facing bans because it is absolutely killing the quality of the game experience

NerevarFang's Avatar


NerevarFang
12.25.2013 , 06:12 AM | #30
I'll give 2 cents on the topic but from a guildie perspective.
At TS/Vent we discuss a lot what is apropriate or not about it. Some mates got concerns about guild reputation, other's about guild objectives and a few about player merit.
Those are rules we apply when we are leading a raid with pugs.
1-No master loot: We find it slow down things and most of time is unecessary.
2-Just choose need for that you need for the alt you are using now.
No ninja loot for other alts or companions.
Ant that mean's NO YOU CANNOT NEED THAT LIGHTSABER FOR YOUR TROOPER!
3-Favor guild member over alts/companions.
Most of us got 4 or more 55 lvl alts. But there are member just with one 55 char. We find unfair to favor other alts/compains while there are undergeared member's. BTW Companion's are not allowed in OPS .
4-(Now the part makes pugs very unhappy) Favor members over pugs.
It means if there a undergeared sage in guild we ill do raids to gear up that char. All other overgeared sages in group can choose need on sages equip and all guildies can choose need for arakanian gear. In general we give a disclaimer about it before raid starts "this raid is setup to give gear for a undergeared guild member".
P.S.: Most of times we don't need to do more than a couple "gear hunt run" per new member. So that rule is rarely applicable. Usually we just pug dps and pug's rage quits are not a problem. Btw most overgeared pugs dont mind about 69/arkanian gear. We find out a full 72 pug ranting about 69 gear is just a ninja loot kid or drama queen.
5-(now a gold rule) ASK NICELY. Since most raids drops are of a tier below the gear we equip pugs can ask nicely for loot. Ask the member and most of times you ill got it.
That a player call, not a guild decision but most of guild members are nice guys.