Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric? Update as promised?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arandem
12.17.2013 , 11:34 PM | #1
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.
I would like to know when we can expect the traditional robes. ( This was posted by you 8 months ago btw)

DAWUSS
12.17.2013 , 11:37 PM | #2
Soon (TM).

DarthDymond
12.17.2013 , 11:39 PM | #3
Well, 3 months to the day after he posted that the Supreme Mogul Contraband Pack came out with Relnex's Robe - probably a safe bet that's what he was talking about.

Sorry if you don't like the sleeve length...
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Arandem
12.17.2013 , 11:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Well, 3 months to the day after he posted that the Supreme Mogul Contraband Pack came out with Relnex's Robe - probably a safe bet that's what he was talking about.

But they are still short sleeved!! ): I hope that is not what he was referring to. not to mention the belt goes on the outside of the robe... belts don't hold up your pants when they are on the outside people! eradicators and valiant armor set are the only robes that display the correct way.

OddballEasyEight
12.18.2013 , 12:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Arandem View Post
I would like to know when we can expect the traditional robes. ( This was posted by you 8 months ago btw)
How about posting this in the thread about movie-style jedi robes instead of posting a completely new one?
Its even on the same page as this thread...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...622698&page=16

Arandem
12.18.2013 , 12:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
How about posting this in the thread about movie-style jedi robes instead of posting a completely new one?
Its even on the same page as this thread...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...622698&page=16
thx

OddballEasyEight
12.18.2013 , 01:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Arandem View Post
thx
No problem. Sooner or later someone would have come here whining about making double posts so I thought I'd beat them to it a bit more politely.

Alec_Fortescue
12.18.2013 , 05:15 AM | #8
Yes, Eric, it would be extremely nice if you could show up here and give us an update so I can stop getting my hopes up. ;]

I didn't have anything to do with making this thread but since it exists it would be odd for me not to post here.

By the way I came up with a stupid conspiracy theory:
Archetypal Jedi Knight attire was announced over a year ago now. Would it really take so long to make an outfit that really says "Star Wars" when you look at it ? No. In my opinion: it's ready. It's ready for a good while now, like the rest of cartel outfits which are done months before the release.

Why stalling? eaware is waiting until the first teasers of new Star Wars movie and an influx of Jedi wannabes who'll download the only Star Wars mmo out there. So it's gonna be a new outfit, on the featured page for everyone to see and buy for their new Jedi. Just... Why not release it sooner and the new players will still be able to purchase it anyway?

Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
No problem. Sooner or later someone would have come here whining about making double posts so I thought I'd beat them to it a bit more politely.
Admit it, you hate my crusade ;d

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post

Here is the original post and Eric is quoting picture links as well. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...94#post6128294

Sorry, but Relnex (while the best thing available at the moment) robe HAS ONLY PRIMARY DYE SLOT. So we can't even turn it into black Sith robes... It's too restrictive in terms of modification AND we don't even have adaptive, matching pants. It makes it look like if the shirt is tucked into the skin-tight trousers. They didn't even give the ones with cloth texture (Battle Expulsor, Battleborn) with the set, just some plain, light brown trousers. It's not good enough. They can make long sleeves already, they can put texture on trousers to make them not appear tight (Sion's pants), they can make chest pieces with additional clothing pieces hanging beneath the waist. :/ And that belt on the outside of the robe is just horrific.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

OddballEasyEight
12.18.2013 , 06:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post

Admit it, you hate my crusade ;d

I hate that you have made it into a crusade instead of a request.

But that aside, it is still unnecessary to have two threads on the same subject.

Sportiva
12.18.2013 , 08:07 AM | #10
The Thermal Retention Armor Set at least gives me hope that the art department has seen the movies before. Apparently though they are only at Ep 5 though; although I don't blame them for trying to avoid having to watch Ep1-3.

Maybe someone will get the dvd's as a Christmas present, really they only need to watch the first 5-10 minutes of Ep 1 to see the Jedi robes people are requesting.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder