Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Newbie Crafting questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Newbie Crafting questions

Deweymaverick
11.20.2013 , 07:43 AM | #1
Hello all, I have two quick questions:

1) On my level 20 inquisitor, I have synthweaving. She's able to make augment kits, but can synthweavers make aguments to fill those slots? After doing a quick search, it looks like they can (a +presence or +willpower augment), but how trains those skills, sells the schematics?

2) I have a level 35 knight that has diplomacy, bioanalysis capped at 400. I paid for training for 450, but I cannot run the highest level missions (I think grade 7 components?). The option to run them appears in my drop down menu, but it is greyed out and cannot be selected. I'd like to run them, just to sell the mats on the GTN (at the moment they are far out of my level range, but... why not send crew members out when I'm questing and make credits off it). Is there something else I need to do to run missions in the 401-450 range? Is there a level restriction?

KittyCheshire
11.20.2013 , 08:39 AM | #2
1. Synthweaving is capable of making Augments for: Defence, Strenght, Willpower, Alacrity and Presence. Over-all Main-stat (Strenght and Willpower) and Defence Augments are pretty popular, the other 2 won't be as beloved. The schematics are obtained through critting Slicing Tech Parts missions and thus can also be found on the GTN. Tech Parts are also the components used for making Augments.

2. Gathering and Mission Crewskills unlock new missions at 401, not 400, so you will have to run a grade 6 missions (preferably a yellow one, but green will do) to unlock access to the next level (which will be grade 9 components, no clue why they skipped 2.) This has to be done after you bought Advanced Diplomacy/Bioanalysis. If you already tried this, then I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong.

Best of luck,

Kitty

psandak
11.20.2013 , 10:15 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyCheshire View Post
(which will be grade 9 components, no clue why they skipped 2.)
Because of "exotic materials."

Pre-2.0 materials like the Biometric Crystal Alloy (from final bosses in HM FPs) and the Alien Data Cube, etc were grade 7 and 8 materials.

Just a bit of trivia .