Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CONSTANT Disconnection from server....WTH?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
CONSTANT Disconnection from server....WTH?!

bbuggy
11.18.2013 , 10:30 PM | #1
I have sent two in-game emails and get the same stupid auto response everytime. I have been getting constantly disconnected from the server (error 4001 I think). Its been going on for several days. I can play for one or two minutes and then get kicked out of the game. I have tried everything on my end...REPLACING our router, resetting router, repairing the install, etc....and NOTHING. So, what I want to know is what is going on with my account and/or server?! I would actually like to use the subscription I pay for.

bbuggy
11.19.2013 , 10:40 PM | #2
STILL...after the patch IM STILL GETTING DISCONNECTED EVERY FEW MINUTES Im really getting tired of not being able to play

OwenBrooks
11.19.2013 , 10:42 PM | #3
Try deleting the file called DIskCacheArena first, and remove and re-add exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe

there is also a chance this is a net issue

Hankeypankey
11.19.2013 , 10:53 PM | #4
Same problem OP. Before I go messing around with files I don't know (not good with computers) I'd like to know what's going on. My luck I'll delete something I'm not suppose to.

OwenBrooks
11.19.2013 , 11:01 PM | #5
net issue - Cogent is likely I have seen some go through this backbone and it is under heavy pressure at present - http://www.internethealthreport.com/...c&nAxis=Period

BrianAC
11.19.2013 , 11:02 PM | #6
I am on POT5 and every now and then I would get DC's also. At one point I got kicked off like 5 times within a 45-60 min period. And then it's fine for a while..

OwenBrooks
11.19.2013 , 11:03 PM | #7
Use www.pingplotter.com to the server and will likely indicate where it is happening
•If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28
•If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252
•If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252

It will show what path you take to the servers