Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1 time password EVERY TIME!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
1 time password EVERY TIME!!!

GalaxyStrong
11.18.2013 , 07:38 PM | #1
I'm all about keeping thing secure but, in the last month or so I have found myself putting in a one time password almost EVERY TIME. It used to be every now and then but lately it's been every time with very few exceptions. I have to admit it's getting a little frustrating now.

Can I do anything on my side to help curb these 1 time passwords
( I already know about authenticaters and am looking into getting one)
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

viktorjames
11.18.2013 , 08:01 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
I'm all about keeping thing secure but, in the last month or so I have found myself putting in a one time password almost EVERY TIME. It used to be every now and then but lately it's been every time with very few exceptions. I have to admit it's getting a little frustrating now.

Can I do anything on my side to help curb these 1 time passwords
( I already know about authenticaters and am looking into getting one)
Getting the same problem.

GalaxyStrong
11.19.2013 , 07:51 PM | #3
bump......
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

OwenBrooks
11.19.2013 , 07:54 PM | #4
Ensure your internet connection isn't resetting more often for some reason, most times the OTP is due to a change of IP address.

GalaxyStrong
11.20.2013 , 05:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Ensure your internet connection isn't resetting more often for some reason, most times the OTP is due to a change of IP address.
How would I go about doing that and thanks for replying.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

OwenBrooks
11.20.2013 , 05:29 PM | #6
The best way is to look at the modem logs and see how long the connection is up and check the IP is still the same each day, this varies from modem to modem.

The only other way is to get the ISP to check there end as well as they also will have logs, but depending on ISP getting to the right person can be difficult.

Fognis
11.21.2013 , 11:21 PM | #7
Same thing every day, and seeing as IP's are handed out each day by the ISP this is beyond most users control. A one time single use password is fine if it is now and then but every single day... About ready to give the game a miss.

Surely my username and password are good enough, if not why bother having them at all. Just send a one time password for everyone every login.

OwenBrooks
11.21.2013 , 11:39 PM | #8
If your ISP changes IP every day, then you have the following choices

1. Don't Play
2. Static IP from ISP
3. Change ISP
4. Physical or Mobile Security Key (stops the OTP)
5. Receive Emails

I copy the key in the email , click on the launcher and use CTRL V to paste in ( no typing needed )
But then I get an email a few times a month so no biggie

mattycutts
11.22.2013 , 11:05 AM | #9
i had the same problem while back and was driving me nuts,

in the end i contacted my internet provider and requested a 'static ip address'.

Some internet companies do this for free, some charge a small one off payment.

since then ive never been asked for the one time password and only time i will need it again is if i change pc i log on to.
RED ECLIPSE - Eternal Dawn (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only)
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

soneil
12.19.2013 , 09:09 AM | #10
I used to get it occasionally but now it's literally every time I log in to the game or this website. I've had problems with the authenticator which is why I dropped that. It sometimes happens more than once in the same day when I've had a constant, uninterupted internet connection the whole time. Getting real sick of it. There should be some way to disable it rather than being forced to check email every single time I want to log in.

I get that they want to encourage players to keep their accounts secure but when it gets to the point where it's difficult to even start the game then something needs fixing.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.