Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question regarding gear

Arquelon
11.15.2013 , 01:01 PM | #1
Hello guys

I have a newbie question regarding gear.

I have just bought orange jedi gear set ( cartel market ) for my sage he is level 29 at the moment.
My question is can i use that gear for level 55 end game / pvp and simply replace mods enhancements etc ? or do i need some other purple gear at that time? i mostly pvp.

Thanks in advance

Skodan
11.15.2013 , 01:10 PM | #2
you can just replace the mods
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Arquelon
11.15.2013 , 01:11 PM | #3
ah sweet thank you

Joesixxpack
11.15.2013 , 01:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
you can just replace the mods
^ This.

At 55 just be sure to keep the empty PVP gear shells after you rip the mods. You'll need to turn them in to get the next tier of gear.

Arquelon
11.15.2013 , 01:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
^ This.

At 55 just be sure to keep the empty PVP gear shells after you rip the mods. You'll need to turn them in to get the next tier of gear.
I might a bit slowlearning here, but are you talking about that i need to be "reverse enginering" some gear or ?

Kurzaa
11.15.2013 , 02:39 PM | #6
I assume that to get "tier 2" gear, you need to fork over some currency PLUS the "tier 1" gear. So you can rip out the mods, throw in some dyes, but at the end of the day, to get the next level of PvP gear, you need to trade the shell in as part of purchasing the next level of gear.

Fidelicatessen
11.18.2013 , 07:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Arquelon View Post
I might a bit slowlearning here, but are you talking about that i need to be "reverse enginering" some gear or ?
No reverse engineering needed. With orange gear you can put in armorings/mods/enhancements, of course, but you can also remove them or just put new ones in, overwriting the old ones.

When most people get PvP gear for Warzone Comms, they remove all the good bits and put them in whatever orange gear they actually want to wear. The set bonus is contained in the Armoring. Then, when it comes time to upgrade PvP gear, simply hand in the shells that you've saved along with some Ranked Warzone Comms.