Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advice on 50 gear

AussieAlan
11.16.2013 , 09:46 AM | #11
I ended up buying level 50 hilt with creds as it was only 30k, now I need 2 more armouring mods, then going to get enhancements and mods, I think this is best for me as I said, I do not do oricron, cz198 as I do not like group stuff, apart from the odd BH heroic.

Fidelicatessen
11.18.2013 , 01:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
I ended up buying level 50 hilt with creds as it was only 30k, now I need 2 more armouring mods, then going to get enhancements and mods, I think this is best for me as I said, I do not do oricron, cz198 as I do not like group stuff, apart from the odd BH heroic.
You won't have to worry about gearing up much, then, as most of the reason to gear up is so you can do the group stuff. Mostly, that's all there is to do at top levels (the solo stuff is only there to help you gear up for group stuff).

Assuming your class story is finished, you can go do Makeb, which is a neat storyline. Makeb (purple 58) armorings/mods are sufficient for this content.

After that, anything you can do solo is dailies (Belsavis, Ilum, CZ-198, Makeb, Black Hole, Section X, Oricon, GSI Dailies, Bounty Contracts), which are repeatable and generally done to gear up for group content. OH! I lie--Oricon does have a bit of a storyline but it's really easiest to complete it in a duo.

If you do not like group stuff, I would guess your best bet would be to start a new character of a class who's storyline you've not seen yet. I recommend Sith Warrior or Imperial Agent.

AussieAlan
11.18.2013 , 05:53 AM | #13
No I have not finished it, I am getting my purple 50 gear right now, still doing Corellia.

CZ 198 and oricron are solo stuff?, I thought they would be flashpoints.

Yeah I have a couple of alts but not got around to finishing them.

Count_Haake
11.18.2013 , 06:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
No I have not finished it, I am getting my purple 50 gear right now, still doing Corellia.

CZ 198 and oricron are solo stuff?, I thought they would be flashpoints.

Yeah I have a couple of alts but not got around to finishing them.
CZ198 includes two flashpoints required for completing the weekly, but also 5 or so daily missions meant for solo playing. Oricon is soloable except for one or two heroic 2+ missions.

NOTACTICS
11.18.2013 , 12:04 PM | #15
I have just got to 50 Myself for the first time but still on Voss story wise so not sure on the best rote to take weather to bother with more planet mission to get more planetary comms for gearing more makeb gear or try for classic comms(Is that worth the time) or give Makeb a go with just a Makeb level barrel and a few armourings that I do now have so just to finish my story quick and start earning basic comms on Mekeb, do you need full Makeb gear set to start Mekeb?.

Also another option could be the VOSS weekly 5 heroic misisons which not only gives you planet comms but also reputation points for VOSS rep. vendor, is that worth doing?

Fidelicatessen
11.18.2013 , 08:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NOTACTICS View Post
I have just got to 50 Myself for the first time but still on Voss story wise so not sure on the best route to take whether to bother with more planet mission to get more planetary comms for gearing more makeb gear or try for classic comms (Is that worth the time?) or give Makeb a go with just a Makeb level barrel and a few armourings that I do now have so just to finish my story quick and start earning basic comms on Mekeb, do you need full Makeb gear set to start Mekeb?.

Also another option could be the VOSS weekly 5 heroic misisons which not only gives you planet comms but also reputation points for VOSS rep. vendor, is that worth doing?
I've never seen anyone do the Voss weekly. I would recommend finishing your class story (Voss and Corellia will keep giving you exp until level cap), because class stories are cool. Work on Planetary comms (briefly) and Classic Comms for now, but save up some Basic Comms because you'll want them once you hit 53.

You do not need full Makeb gear to start Makeb, but by the time you're nearing the end it will be tough if you still have lowbie gear on.

AussieAlan
11.19.2013 , 12:48 AM | #17
Ok thanks for the info, can someone post a link to armour info, I saw something say something about 66 armour?.

Also for the guy on Voss, get purple 50 stuff, your still doing voss, then you finish your story on Corellia, then there is Ilum, then Makeb.

You will get planet while doing Voss and Corellia, and then classic from doing blackhole on Corellia, which I tried in blue 49 and found it rather hard, just do What I am doing, go back to Kaas redo heroics in like 2mins and get comms for purple 50 gear.

Off topic, I hate having my spell check on while posting on this site.