Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Guard/Jugg damage good enough?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is Guard/Jugg damage good enough?

Bayonetwork
11.14.2013 , 03:58 PM | #1
Thinking of rolling a warrior/knight, but thinking of going guardian/jugg because I like to have at least one alternate capability (support/tank).

That said, I also like to have good enough DPS to handle my own. Are these offensive tanks decent enough?

Rage/Focus spec seem a bit more viable for WZs, but what about vengeance/vigilance? They seem more single-target oriented and more useful in Arena.

MustangCzar
11.14.2013 , 04:33 PM | #2
Jugg/Guardian damage is actually pretty good. I've been a rage jugg for the past 3 weeks and I've been having quite some fun. You do lose some survivability not being tank spec but it doesn't really matter cuz the damage makes up for it. I've been able to 1v1 many people and ever once in awhile 1v2 and win. It's a fun class to with push and choke and that fun stuff.

Bayonetwork
11.14.2013 , 04:54 PM | #3
Yeah, push and choke look fun in WZs, though pretty much every class has some sort of distancing ability that can push people.

I care more about numbers, specifically, and whether or not the Jugg/Guard makes up for in sustained damage what it lacks in burst damage.

Marb
11.14.2013 , 09:54 PM | #4
Jugg dps falls behind in PvE, but it's viable. Rage is solid in PvP.

A Marauder is going to be able out dps you and provide invaluable utility to the group, and survive longer. You will just have to put those facts out of your mind.

I would stick to Rage for PvE as well tbh.
Harbinger

ubermouth
11.18.2013 , 06:38 PM | #5
Honestly in the right hands any class can do good
work. You just need to know when/where to fight, how to figh on your terms, how to play as a unit etc. Forget about getting numbers in wz or parse- it's minutea, mostly. Otherwise expect to kill some, die
less and hopefully contribute to sound strats/tactics.

mrekxxx
11.20.2013 , 01:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Marb View Post

A Marauder is going to be able out dps you and provide invaluable utility to the group, and survive longer. You will just have to put those facts out of your mind.

this ...

Apav
11.22.2013 , 01:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Marb View Post

Survive longer? You may be right about the other two, but I thought even a dps jugg is tankier than a marauder?
That makes no sense to me, they wear medium armor and are only dps. If that's the case and marauders do survive longer, what's the point of having a jugg in the warzone?

Critical-
11.22.2013 , 04:05 AM | #8
Jugg Vengeance spec is perfect for PvE, Rage for pvp.

Ottoattack
11.24.2013 , 11:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Apav View Post
Survive longer? You may be right about the other two, but I thought even a dps jugg is tankier than a marauder?
That makes no sense to me, they wear medium armor and are only dps. If that's the case and marauders do survive longer, what's the point of having a jugg in the warzone?
Excluding annihilation tree, both carnage and rage have armor bonuses. Rage marauder runs passive higher mitigation than PT and merc who are heavy armor classes. Add to that the massive DCDs that marauders have, and rage marauders in particular are almost unkillable in presence of competent healers. Veng jugg is defiantly studdery, but rage jugg is more of a glass cannon. Outside of saber ward they are easy to down.

gorstram
11.25.2013 , 11:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Critical- View Post
Jugg Vengeance spec is perfect for PvE, Rage for pvp.
Yep.

I usually spec focus for trash pulls and then take 30 seconds to respec at the boss to vigilance. I need to log into my guardian more. I've been playing my troopers so much that I'm starting to get an allergy to plastoid armor.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>