Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want my name restored NOW.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
I want my name restored NOW.

JonathanCP
11.14.2013 , 08:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
but as an adult,
Lol.

5char
If your thread title is not a variation on "open letter... BIOWARE,... fail... NOW!", then you are a fanboy

Terin
11.15.2013 , 03:38 PM | #12
Until I get a response, I'm going to keep making an issue out of this.

tekhiun
11.15.2013 , 05:47 PM | #13
You say you tried mailing, adding to friends list and etc, have you tried doing this on both the republic and imperial side ?
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

Diatlas
11.16.2013 , 02:43 AM | #14
Im glad they did the name scrub recently, my name opened up finally... Aidus. It took forever, but i got it. I hope you have better luck. I ended up using the name Aid-us before. Maybe you could mix it up that way without any special characters. It's worth a shot.

DMSL
11.16.2013 , 04:45 AM | #15
I feel for you original poster.

This is an oversight on Bioware's part. Not only was the merger consolidation a joke, releaseing Legacy names was another. I see people walking around now with the same last name as i have and it annoys the crap out of me. They should've made them unique first come first serve or better yet made them account names. As for character names i still can't understand why they allowed people to use symbols above names.

I had to rename four characters because of this and the players that have the original names are never on. Luckily i still have my main character name, otherwise i would've rage quit this game a long time ago.

I have said it before in other posts and i'll say it again, i want the original names back and my own unique Legacy name.

MajikMyst
11.16.2013 , 05:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
I feel for you original poster.

This is an oversight on Bioware's part. Not only was the merger consolidation a joke, releaseing Legacy names was another. I see people walking around now with the same last name as i have and it annoys the crap out of me. They should've made them unique first come first serve or better yet made them account names. As for character names i still can't understand why they allowed people to use symbols above names.

I had to rename four characters because of this and the players that have the original names are never on. Luckily i still have my main character name, otherwise i would've rage quit this game a long time ago.

I have said it before in other posts and i'll say it again, i want the original names back and my own unique Legacy name.
They never released legacy names as legacy names are irrelevant now.. People can have duplicate legacy names.. It has been this way for a long time.. I want to say the better part of a year now.. If not more...

As for what you want?? Well.. You are one of many that has wants.. Unique legacy names would be a bad move.. It is better this way.. As for your character name?? Well.. Make up a new one.. Bioware did the right thing on how they handled the situation.. They are trying to give people what the want by releasing some names.. QQ about your names isn't going to change anything..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Rizenfell
11.16.2013 , 07:23 AM | #17
The OP can try emailing the character and attach some cheap items to the email. If the player doesn't check the mail, he'll get the email and items back after 30 days. One way of seeing if the account is active.

And agree, BioWare handled the name-free-up very well indeed.

Terin
11.17.2013 , 12:52 AM | #18
I've tried virtually every means possible to try and contact whoever might have the name, to no avail. They clearly don't play that character, if they play at all.

Frankly, I think this deserves someone looking into the issue, and finding out exactly what the hell is wrong here, why the name wasn't release, and fixing it. This is not an acceptable way to treat your players, particularly given EA and BioWare's reputations. Hopefully this issue can get sorted sooner rather than later, because my patience is wearing thin.

OwenBrooks
11.17.2013 , 01:08 AM | #19
I've tried virtually every means possible to try and contact whoever might have the name, to no avail. They clearly don't play that character, if they play at all.

Frankly, I think this deserves someone looking into the issue, and finding out exactly what the hell is wrong here, why the name wasn't release, and fixing it. This is not an acceptable way to treat your players, particularly given EA and BioWare's reputations. Hopefully this issue can get sorted sooner rather than later, because my patience is wearing thin.
If the player is a current subscriber no matter of losing patience is going to get you the name, you are **** out of luck, I know I have toons not played in a very long time. if someone wanted those names well they are **** out of luck too

if they are preferred and haven't played that toon the answer is below

If you are a Preferred Status player:
•If your character is below level 10, and you have not played that character in the last 90 days, your character will be flagged for rename
•If your character is below level 30, and you have not played that character in the last 180 days, your character will be flagged for rename.
•Characters level 30 and above will be unaffected.

hate to break it to you there will be no further looking into it and thinking there will be is only fooling yourself.

MajikMyst
11.17.2013 , 02:51 AM | #20
Good grief why?? Why does this warrant looking in to?? Because YOU want your name back?? Entitled much??

There is nothing wrong here.. You are just one of many that is going to have to live without their name of choice..

They are treating their players fine and you are not so special that you should be treated any differently.. Both EA and Bioware have fine reputations and make billions of dollars.. So get over yourself.. I would worry more about your own reputation here..

Your patience is wearing thin?? Really?? Are you like standing there with your arm's crossed tapping your foot?? Get a grip will you??

You are no different than the rest of us.. Bioware has already done what they are going to do on this issue.. Get over it, get a life.. Live with the fact that you aren't any more special than anyone else and nobody gives a Bantha's butt where your patience is..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.