Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Crowd Controll during Flashpoint

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Crowd Controll during Flashpoint

Kurzaa's Avatar


Kurzaa
11.14.2013 , 03:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Uh, what? Knockbacks absolutely break CC. 100% of the time. I have never seen a knockback ability not break CC. Unless there is some specific knockback I'm unaware of that doesn't, but Force Wave does, Concussion Charge does, Pulse Detonator does, Force Push does...what knockback are you thinking of that doesn't?
I was thinking all knock backs did damage.

NOTACTICS's Avatar


NOTACTICS
11.14.2013 , 03:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Uh, what? Knockbacks absolutely break CC. 100% of the time. I have never seen a knockback ability not break CC. Unless there is some specific knockback I'm unaware of that doesn't, but Force Wave does, Concussion Charge does, Pulse Detonator does, Force Push does...what knockback are you thinking of that doesn't?

Hhm No sure then, but when I have done the pluse wave knockback thing on my smuggler/agent it did not break CC, maybe it breaks your own CC but if kncoking back somebody else's CC it does not. Unless there is something in the skill tree that prevents it waking a CC'd mob then?.

Loc_n_lol's Avatar


Loc_n_lol
11.14.2013 , 09:37 PM | #23
The thing is, most if not all knockbacks do a little bit of damage so that would break the CC anyway. Not sure about cover pulse and the guardian/jugg force push.

KingDazza's Avatar


KingDazza
11.15.2013 , 03:47 AM | #24
Been practising crowd control and now loving it.

Funny thing is, I also tried a fp last night and felt I was for once playing at least on par if not better than the other members in the group for the first time. It does make me wonder how many others are like I was, but have never bothered to find out.

So big thanks to all, you've helped me on the right path!

JacksonMo's Avatar


JacksonMo
11.15.2013 , 05:04 AM | #25
Something like that deserves a hot-key. I like to keep my CC abilities and taunts on F5-F8 across all toons so I'm not fumbling around trying to find them. F7 is my primary CC key, F6 is for stealth CC (scoundrel/shadow)

ZeroPlus's Avatar


ZeroPlus
11.15.2013 , 05:26 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NOTACTICS View Post
... Unfortuatly my agent only has a long Droid CC which makes it hard to do most heroic's 2's. ...
Just to clarify the "agent" part here.

The Imperial Agent SNIPER (or its mirror: Smuggler GUNSLINGER) only has a Droid CC (Slice Droid, acquired at level 12) that last 1 minute and places you in combat when it lands.

The Imperial Agent OPERATIVE (or its mirror: Smuggler SCOUNDREL) has 2 CC abilities:
1) Slice Droid. This is the aforementioned ability. It is a base Imperial Agent/Smuggler ability and both Advanced Classes have access to it.
2) Sleep Dart (Tranquilizer). This is specific to the Operative/Scoundrel Advanced Class. It is acquired at level 20. It can only be used from Stealth *and* the target cannot be in combat at the time. The target cannot be a droid. When used it does not place you in combat.

The best part about having these 2 CCs on the Operative/Scoundrel is that you can CC 2 targets: an organic and a droid target (in that order). Great for soloing and for group use (be sure to tell your group you will be CCing 2 targets though ).

With regards to breaking CCs, Lethality Operatives and Dirty Fighting Scoundrels have an additional advantage. The talent "Toxic Regulators"/"Concussion" in the Lethality and Dirty Fighting talent trees prevent their periodic damaging abilities from ticking on targets that they have CCed. Awesome stuff .
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

slafko's Avatar


slafko
11.15.2013 , 06:54 AM | #27
Force Pull does not break CC and I suspect Harpoon doesn't either. It's a shame most sentinels will jump on your cc'd mob 9 times out of 10. XD

Kurzaa's Avatar


Kurzaa
11.15.2013 , 09:27 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Something like that deserves a hot-key. I like to keep my CC abilities and taunts on F5-F8 across all toons so I'm not fumbling around trying to find them. F7 is my primary CC key, F6 is for stealth CC (scoundrel/shadow)
I am a clicker, but I like the idea of keybinding stealth off of my quick bars. Thank-you for the tips. I will add that in my previous MMO, I had F1-F4 bound to lucky charms for quickly flagging mobs as the tank.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
11.15.2013 , 10:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Something like that deserves a hot-key. I like to keep my CC abilities and taunts on F5-F8 across all toons so I'm not fumbling around trying to find them. F7 is my primary CC key, F6 is for stealth CC (scoundrel/shadow)
I do the same thing except I use shift-4 and shift-5. Even my interrupts and stuns are in the same place across all my characters.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)


high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

NOTACTICS's Avatar


NOTACTICS
11.15.2013 , 11:08 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Just to clarify the "agent" part here.

The Imperial Agent SNIPER (or its mirror: Smuggler GUNSLINGER) only has a Droid CC (Slice Droid, acquired at level 12) that last 1 minute and places you in combat when it lands.

The Imperial Agent OPERATIVE (or its mirror: Smuggler SCOUNDREL) has 2 CC abilities:
1) Slice Droid. This is the aforementioned ability. It is a base Imperial Agent/Smuggler ability and both Advanced Classes have access to it.
2) Sleep Dart (Tranquilizer). This is specific to the Operative/Scoundrel Advanced Class. It is acquired at level 20. It can only be used from Stealth *and* the target cannot be in combat at the time. The target cannot be a droid. When used it does not place you in combat.

The best part about having these 2 CCs on the Operative/Scoundrel is that you can CC 2 targets: an organic and a droid target (in that order). Great for soloing and for group use (be sure to tell your group you will be CCing 2 targets though ).

With regards to breaking CCs, Lethality Operatives and Dirty Fighting Scoundrels have an additional advantage. The talent "Toxic Regulators"/"Concussion" in the Lethality and Dirty Fighting talent trees prevent their periodic damaging abilities from ticking on targets that they have CCed. Awesome stuff .
Sorry yes ment to state my Sniper advance class only has the droid long CC which makes soloing heroic 2's more tricky for sure. Yes certainly having 2 available CC's for Droid and Orgainics makes soloing heroics +2 much more doable.