Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Infinite Empire vs. The Galatic Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Infinite Empire vs. The Galatic Empire

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
11.13.2013 , 09:05 AM | #1
Who would win in a war, the Rakata infinite empire or Darth Sidious's empire?

sell-dog
11.13.2013 , 10:19 AM | #2
From Wooki

"Due to the limitations of the Rakatan hyperdrive technology, the Infinite Empire consisted of only 500 worlds"

So given this is not unreasonable to say that other technologies will be quite inferior to the Galactic Empire. The Galactic Empire had 1.5 million conquered worlds and 69 million colonies so there is no competition in size. While I find the Infinite Empire interesting, there is no contest here who would win.
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

AlexDougherty
11.13.2013 , 10:37 AM | #3
Well at their height most Rakata were force users, so it's not as simple an arguement as it first seems, if the Rakata could get some of the more advances Tech, they could probably reverse engineer it. Remember their tech was far ahead of republic tech in Kotor, so it's not as big a leap as you might imagine, just that their Hypertech was not as advanced as the rest (mother machine, self-repairing droids, self-repairing maps, Star Forge).
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

sell-dog
11.13.2013 , 10:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Well at their height most Rakata were force users, so it's not as simple an arguement as it first seems, if the Rakata could get some of the more advances Tech, they could probably reverse engineer it. Remember their tech was far ahead of republic tech in Kotor, so it's not as big a leap as you might imagine, just that their Hypertech was not as advanced as the rest (mother machine, self-repairing droids, self-repairing maps, Star Forge).
Right but the Galactic Empire had the Death Star which could literally destroy Lehon and they had some other massively powerful super weapons as well. Plus I think the Rakata force users are nothing compared to the Empire's force users. Whenever Darth Vader shows up it's an automatic victory and all those other Dark Side Adapts are also above Rakata guys. Then there's always Darth Sidious lurking in the background. Don't get me wrong I consider the Infinite Empire to be more successful and innovative (because of the portion of the timeline in which they occur) but in a war with both Empires at their peaks (and they can't share stuff) I take Galactic

AshlaBoga
11.13.2013 , 11:28 AM | #5
Quote:
"Due to the limitations of the Rakatan hyperdrive technology, the Infinite Empire consisted of only 500 worlds"
So basically the Rakatan have superior technology vs the Imperial's superior numbers.
HOWEVER, the Star Forges are capable of producing an incredible amount of droids and ships - so this might actually be a more even fight than you'd think.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

sell-dog
11.13.2013 , 11:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
So basically the Rakatan have superior technology vs the Imperial's superior numbers.
HOWEVER, the Star Forges are capable of producing an incredible amount of droids and ships - so this might actually be a more even fight than you'd think.
Except the Galactic Empire has superior technology.

I am not underestimating Star Forge. In the Galactic Empire, a military society/culture, with 1.5 million conquered worlds and 69 million colonies, don't you think there would be a significant percentage of worlds manufacturing something to keep that military might going? Note that it is stated in the SWTOR Galactic Timeline that the Sith Emperor wanted Revan & Malak to get the Star Forge to put his war with the Republic ahead of schedule, not immediately. I feel that the significant numbers make up and maybe exceed what the Star Forge can put out

Edit: And I think there was only one Star Forge, not multiple

LadyKulvax
11.13.2013 , 12:25 PM | #7
The Star Forge and the Foundry could certainly help the Rakatans in closing the gap, but the most important thing to realise is that the Galactic Empire had 25,000 Star Destroyers over-all, which is a staggering navy, by far the largest ever built, the KotOR CG claims that Malak's empire at it's height contained about 500 Interdictor-class Cruisers and that was the Star Forge working at 200%.
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

AshlaBoga
11.13.2013 , 03:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
The Star Forge and the Foundry could certainly help the Rakatans in closing the gap, but the most important thing to realise is that the Galactic Empire had 25,000 Star Destroyers over-all, which is a staggering navy, by far the largest ever built, the KotOR CG claims that Malak's empire at it's height contained about 500 Interdictor-class Cruisers and that was the Star Forge working at 200%.
Yeah, I should have said 'Rakatan Space Station' not Star Forges, my bad.

Also, I suspect that the Galactic Empire would win but that it would a be pyrrhic victory - the Empire would be reduced to something more akin to Fel's Empire (which only control rather than it's peak 10-0 BBY.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

AlexDougherty
11.13.2013 , 04:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by sell-dog View Post
Right but the Galactic Empire had the Death Star which could literally destroy Lehon and they had some other massively powerful super weapons as well.
Both Deathstars were in operation for very small period of time, First Deathstar was barely weeks as fully operational, before it got blown up, Second Deathstar was not even finished. The other superweapons had similar problems, in that they were in use for small periods before being scrapped (exceptions like world devatators do occur).

In short you can't use most of these as part of the Galactic Empire Arsenal unless they were in use for at least several months. That said the few that do qualify would cause significant problems.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Aurbere
11.13.2013 , 04:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
In short you can't use most of these as part of the Galactic Empire Arsenal unless they were in use for at least several months.
When did that rule get made?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."