Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"stealing" objectives from oppositet faction on a PvE server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community
"stealing" objectives from oppositet faction on a PvE server

Lumpyone
11.11.2013 , 05:46 PM | #21
OP - I don't think you did wrong. It was a misunderstanding. In fact, as BW has developed this game so the later planets (Oricon and CZ especially) were made to incorporate more PvP with both factions using the same areas and competing for objectives there is NOTHING wrong with taking an objective from someone of the opposing faction.

People get all butthurt over it because they feel like someone is stealing from them, but those people need to grow up a little and realize BW has developed these areas to do just that!

I too play on a PvE Server and most of the time refrain from PvP because its not what interests me in this game. However, on Oricon especially, if I find myself in a quest area with players of the opposite faction, its a sure bet I'm out to obtain the objectives before they do. I will not do it to players of the same faction, but as in the OP's case it happens especially with the stealth classes when you can't be sure which faction they are.

Never_Hesitate
11.12.2013 , 11:09 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lumpyone View Post
OP - I don't think you did wrong. It was a misunderstanding. In fact, as BW has developed this game so the later planets (Oricon and CZ especially) were made to incorporate more PvP with both factions using the same areas and competing for objectives there is NOTHING wrong with taking an objective from someone of the opposing faction.

People get all butthurt over it because they feel like someone is stealing from them, but those people need to grow up a little and realize BW has developed these areas to do just that!

I too play on a PvE Server and most of the time refrain from PvP because its not what interests me in this game. However, on Oricon especially, if I find myself in a quest area with players of the opposite faction, its a sure bet I'm out to obtain the objectives before they do. I will not do it to players of the same faction, but as in the OP's case it happens especially with the stealth classes when you can't be sure which faction they are.
IMO it doesn't matter which fraction they play, objective stealing is always rude
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Lumpyone
11.12.2013 , 03:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
IMO it doesn't matter which fraction they play, objective stealing is always rude
Rude? Did you not even read my post? It's not rude if the game developers have designed objectives and resources in a manner so opposing factions are required to compete for them.

When I do Watchtower Watchers bonus mission, both Republic and Imperial players have to click on the nodes. There have been multiple times I've run up to one, only to have an Imp running to same one. Whoever is there first gets it. Its either wait there or go to the next. Its a competition of who can complete the objective first and I actually like this aspect of Oricon dailies. It sets them apart and makes them better than Ilum, Black Hole, Section X, Makeb and CZ combined, IMHO.

I honestly feel people need to not take this so personally and realize a nice mechanic has been worked into Dailies to make them a bit more challenging and fun.

KrayvenVolcanus
11.12.2013 , 04:00 PM | #24
I had something very similar happen to me on Oricon only it was with the same faction. He didn't try to stealth, he just capped the objective and took off while I was dealing with the mobs. I also called him out on it and he proceed to tell me that "I'm a hypocrite because I probably do the same thing, ect." Afterwards he became the newest addition to my ignore list. As far as cross faction goes, I'd say it's pretty cheap. But in my opinion it's alot worse if they are in the same faction.
Qwel'Draken - Lvl 55 Guardian
Krul'draken - Lvl 55 Sorcerer
Starhawk Conglomerate

slafko
11.13.2013 , 01:50 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Suggestion =/= telling people how to play.
I don't remember stating to the contrary. /shrugs

slafko
11.13.2013 , 01:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KrayvenVolcanus View Post
I had something very similar happen to me on Oricon only it was with the same faction. He didn't try to stealth, he just capped the objective and took off while I was dealing with the mobs. I also called him out on it and he proceed to tell me that "I'm a hypocrite because I probably do the same thing, ect." Afterwards he became the newest addition to my ignore list. As far as cross faction goes, I'd say it's pretty cheap. But in my opinion it's alot worse if they are in the same faction.
I had a 4-man team from the same guild steal *two* objectives in Section X, bioforming area. There are two big mobs that look as though they pull seperatetly, but don't. Each of them guards a clickable objective. They both use a stun and a pushback. So there I was, merrily leeroying with my shadow tank; aggro them both, get stunned, see them go for Nadia. Break stun, taunt them back, get stunned again. Pushback one. Pushback two. Guild team swoops in on their speeders and proceed to take my objectives while I'm getting stunned and thrown around.

Asked them what the hell were they thinking. No reply whatsoever. They later tried to steal a third objective but I saw their sentinel leap in on time and clicked it.

I didn't have much respect for that guild before this incident but now I simply ignore every player with that guild tag I come across. Arrivederci, idiots.

Never_Hesitate
11.13.2013 , 02:02 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lumpyone View Post
Rude? Did you not even read my post? It's not rude if the game developers have designed objectives and resources in a manner so opposing factions are required to compete for them.
There is a huge difference between what's possible based on the programming and the way things are handeled by the community.

Ninjalooting falls under the same category imo.
It is possible to roll need on everything, but it isn't accepted as common thing to do in groups
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

ScarletBlaze
11.13.2013 , 02:06 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I'm gonna play the devils advocate here, but he DID stealth by you... that makes it seem to me like he might have been trying to snag the objective himself thinking you would deal with the mob, but since you didn't he got stuck with them.
I have a shadow and I use stealth a lot but not to snag the objective but to use one of my attacks, which require me to be in stealth to use it. So that might have been the case here as well.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Darevsool
11.13.2013 , 09:19 AM | #29
I don't have a problem with it, doesn't matter pve server or pvp server or which faction you are.

First come first serve.

To all those that DO have a problem with it, if you get random invites to group by someone in the area, do you accept?

Before I 'steal' a node or whatever I'll try to invite the person nearby to a group. If they decline that was their decision. Just because you CAN solo stuff doesn't mean that grouping is a bad idea.

My main problem with the various dailies is the extreme lack of grouping. You're there to do dailies, I'm there to do dailies...we're doing the SAME dailies...why not group? Even if it's only long enough for both of us to get credit for the same node.

AlrikFassbauer
11.13.2013 , 11:27 AM | #30
I often even look around me nowadays, to check whether nobody is near, when I have found a new chest in the wilderness of a planet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
First come first serve.
You could call it "selfishness is king", too. It would be much more closer to the point.
"Pre-2.0 PvP was all about your items. [...]
The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap." AlexModny