Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"stealing" objectives from oppositet faction on a PvE server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
"stealing" objectives from oppositet faction on a PvE server

psandak
11.10.2013 , 03:50 PM | #1
I was doing some Oricon dailies on my smuggler. I was about to engage a group of mobs when I saw a Jedi Shadow go by me under stealth. I mistook him for a Sith Assassin and I took advantage of him engaging the mobs - I went after the objective.

After the fact, the player called me out on it, calling me a profane name I will not repeat here. When I realized my mistake, I apologized and explained my mistake. He responded stating, "what the _____ does that matter? This is a PvE server."

My response was, that the empire is the enemy and it's been done to me by imps a lot.

Suffice it to say that after a short period of back and forth, I stated, "agree to disagree." and the private conversation ended.

So I ask the community, is it acceptable to "steal" objectives from enemy faction players on a PvE server?
Probability 101
The Harbinger, Ortzid Legacy
Dalkery - Sawbones, Car'beerd - Jedi Guardian,
Blairnah - Jedi Sage, Ulunnes - Commando

Phantomdarklord
11.10.2013 , 04:17 PM | #2
i dont do it alot but i do do it sometimes if i know that the objective has a fast reset timer if its got a long one i let the person who has got to it first get it first and wait my turn, but thats just me

VXInfinity
11.10.2013 , 05:03 PM | #3
stealing objectives is lame and rude no matter what server. its just common courtesy let the most person who pulled the mob to have the node. I mostly play on prophecy of the five server so fights over objectives happen all the time. If I want your node I'll fight you for it. I don't just steal it

PaniMauser
11.10.2013 , 05:06 PM | #4
Even if 100 people say its ok, the person who disagrees will still have all the rights to be pissed at you. If they do not think it's ok, the opinion of other people won't matter. if you behave like jerk, suck it up and be a jerk, do not seek a justification on forums, there's none.

It's like ninja looters, no matter how much community frowns at them, they do it anyways. Don't try to sit with one behind on two chairs - stealing objectives and still be 'a good guy'. You can be only one of those.

And as for faction war, don't forget the difference between gameplay and story. Many players do not care for galactic war and just play MMO to hang out with friends etc, and faction is just a gameplay restriction, nothing more, so they see player of opposite faction just as fellow player, and grieving will never be justified in their eyes.

Want pat on a back for stealing objective from an enemy, go give yoursefl one, but do not try to tell this person what you did was ok, because some people on forums say it' ok to do so. You did it anyways, and if someone do not like it, suck it up and revel in being a jerk or something, you are not the victim there.

psandak
11.10.2013 , 05:21 PM | #5
OK, I'm a jerk, although I never meant to be. You've convinced me to change my ways. Thank you
Probability 101

Darth_Dreselus
11.10.2013 , 05:48 PM | #6
step 1: get the objective
step 2: kill the mobs

Problem solved forever.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

theSCARAYone
11.10.2013 , 10:15 PM | #7
If you steal someone else's objectives regardless of their allegiance you're a ***** in my book.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - SA Baa

16 55's and counting! One of each advanced class! - 3700+ Hours played!

Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

psandak
11.10.2013 , 11:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post

Problem solved forever.
That's is what I have learned to do because of all the jerks (usually from the opposite faction) that stole objectives from me.
Probability 101

OddballEasyEight
11.11.2013 , 04:34 AM | #9
I'm gonna play the devils advocate here, but he DID stealth by you... that makes it seem to me like he might have been trying to snag the objective himself thinking you would deal with the mob, but since you didn't he got stuck with them.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

Never_Hesitate
11.11.2013 , 04:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post

Problem solved forever.
And then there are some objectives where your cast to destroy it gets interrupted when you get hit by a mob.
I hate those
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian