Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Class And Story

joedinsdale
11.10.2013 , 11:09 AM | #1
Hi all,

So i was wondering what you all think is the best class to play as and why, also witch of the classes has the best story?

I like playing as the Jedi Knight, but i dont feel like that class has the better story line. I would say its a tie between the Sith Warrior and the Bounty Hunter for the best story.

So what do you all think?
J.Dinsdale - The Force Is Strong In This One

AshlaBoga
11.10.2013 , 12:27 PM | #2
The thing is that some Acts are better than others. So I'd actually rank it in order of Acts.

(The following list is ordered via MY PERSONAL ENJOYMENT, not any objective characteristic)

1. Jedi Knight Act 3
2. Sith Warrior Act 1
3. Imperial Agent Act 2
4. Jedi Knight Act 1
6. Sith Warrior Act 3
7. Bounty Hunter Act 2
8. Sith Warrior Act 2
9. Bounty Hunter Act 1
10. Imperial Agent Act 1
11. Sith Inquisitor Act 2
12. Smuggler Act 2
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Sideblaze
11.10.2013 , 12:43 PM | #3
1:Imperial agent

2:Sith Warrior

3: Smuggler

4: Inquisitor

5: Trooper

6: Bounty hunter

7 Jedi Knight

8: Consular

Top two are in a league of their own. The rest are average, with consular being just bland and forgettable.

imnotawitch
11.10.2013 , 03:15 PM | #4
So... I've finished Act 2 on all but Smuggler and Jedi Knight, of which I've finished Act 1 and part of Act 2. From the other 6, I've finished all but Trooper. Without further ado, my rankings..

1. Sith Warrior/Sith Inquisitor tie

3. Smuggler

4. Trooper

5. Bounty Hunter

6. Consular

7. Other game offerings such as ops and dailies

8. Chatting on fleet

9. Watching fleet chat go by.

10. Twiddling my thumbs doing nothing

11. Taking a punch to the face

12. Twilight

13. Jedi Knight

14. Imperial Agent

I know most people are eager to serve up praise for my two least favorite class stories, but I feel the need to comment on posts like these so that people can see that the opinions aren't universal.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Master-Nala
11.10.2013 , 03:49 PM | #5
IMO:

1) Sith Warrior

2) Smuggler

3) Consular

4) Knight

5) Agent

6) Trooper

7) Inquisitor

8) Bounty Hunter
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

JeffrenBrek
11.10.2013 , 08:02 PM | #6
1.) Sith Warrior.
2.) Imperial Agent
3.) Jedi Knight
4.) Bounty Hunter
5.) Trooper
6.) Sith Inquisitor
7.) Smuggler
8.) Jedi Consular

1-3 are very, very good.
4-5 are good and enjoyable, but nothing breath taking.
6-7 are alright, with more average than good moments.
8 is a complete and utter disaster.

shamfurdispray
11.10.2013 , 08:40 PM | #7
1. Imperial Agent

2. Sith Warrior

3. Jedi Knight

4. Bounty Hunter

5. Trooper

6. Sith Inquisitor

7. Smuggler

8. Jedi Consular

Here's my short opinion on top three.

Spoiler

VitalityPrime
11.10.2013 , 09:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post
So... I've finished Act 2 on all but Smuggler and Jedi Knight, of which I've finished Act 1 and part of Act 2. From the other 6, I've finished all but Trooper. Without further ado, my rankings..

1. Sith Warrior/Sith Inquisitor tie

3. Smuggler

4. Trooper

5. Bounty Hunter

6. Consular

7. Other game offerings such as ops and dailies

8. Chatting on fleet

9. Watching fleet chat go by.

10. Twiddling my thumbs doing nothing

11. Taking a punch to the face

12. Twilight

13. Jedi Knight

14. Imperial Agent

I know most people are eager to serve up praise for my two least favorite class stories, but I feel the need to comment on posts like these so that people can see that the opinions aren't universal.
That's great and all...but wouldn't it be better if you actually gave reasons why you don't like the classes that so many other like? Without saying why...it really just seems like you're going against the grain just to simply go against the grain.

Not to mention that you're rating some class stories without even playing through the full story.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

Master-Nala
11.11.2013 , 07:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
That's great and all...but wouldn't it be better if you actually gave reasons why you don't like the classes that so many other like? Without saying why...it really just seems like you're going against the grain just to simply go against the grain.

Not to mention that you're rating some class stories without even playing through the full story.
People broadcast their love for the Agent story without much elaboration, it doesn't seem reasonable to force this requirement on others.

My disdain for the Agent story broadly (and without spoilers) is that you are a lackey of the Sith Empire, this is readily and painfully made apparent to you. You're supposed to be this super secret agent, but everyone and their brother knows you are a spy. I've played the story TWICE, and honestly can only surmise that several "cool' things that happen during the story makes people like it so much. As a narrative, it's terrible. And the final adversary....lol. Every other class gets someone SIGNIFICANTLY more consequential. I could go on, but I would fall in spoiler territory.

By contrast, everyone rags on the Consular story, which is completely in keeping with a Jedi and has a better twist at the end. I've come to the conclusion that what's really going on their is that people don't want to play a Jedi like a Jedi is described (serene, reflective, self-sacrificing); they want to solve problems by shooting or poking people in the face. That's cool, but it does not mean the narrative is lacking.

My 2 credits.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

VitalityPrime
11.11.2013 , 07:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
People broadcast their love for the Agent story without much elaboration, it doesn't seem reasonable to force this requirement on others.
Yeah, you're definitely right about that...there shouldn't be a double standard.

I actually made a thread in the agent class forums asking about the story and why people like it so much because I never see people list reasons why.

Anyways, I think it was just the fact that this person didn't just rate the story...they had to point out the fact that they are going against the grain without saying why, that made it seem so "forced", if you will...and also the fact that they were rating one of the said stories without even completing chapter 2.

Anyways, I guess it doesn't really matter...as I'm sure you can always find someone who doesn't like one story or the other.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.