Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

Damask_Rose
11.15.2013 , 05:13 PM | #21
I went to two Best Buys today looking for the physical card. First one they had already been returned. The employee (same guy who helped me with the digital) said they are waiting for a replacement card, but he didn't know when it was expected. Second store had them on the shelf and it was the Flashfire. The in game mail title was different than for their earlier promotion.
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks
http://www.swtor.com/r/Z9xhHv

ivanhedgehog
11.15.2013 , 06:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Yesterday someone on fleet was linking the Crested Orokeet in fleet. I asked them if they actually had it or if they were linking it from collections and they said they actually had it. I asked them where they got it and they said they got it from a physical Cartel Coin card from Best Buy.

I just got back from my local Best Buy and they did have physical Cartel Coin cards. They're the same 2,400 coin cards and they say they come with an exclusive pet but they don't say which one. I got home, entered the code, and logged in expecting to see the Crested Orokeet in my mail. However, to my surprise I got the Model Flashfire. So the question remains, where is the Crested Orokeet going to come from? I know Amazon is changing their pet on the 12th of this month, maybe there (but why did someone supposedly already get it from Best Buy)?

Also, before you go running off to Best Buy. All the cards at my local store were "recalled" and, technically, they were not supposed to sell them (a big red alert came up on the register when they rang them up). I convinced them to sell me one anyway since it was my $20 that would have been wasted if it didn't work. So, don't be surprised if your store refuses to sell them.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8692/13zw.jpg
I got two of the cards last week at best buy and they gave me the target crested orokeet. I will try again and see if they give the flashfire

Damask_Rose
11.20.2013 , 11:29 PM | #23
I'll have to try for the Crested Orokeet soon. Interestingly Amazon just sent me the Blackbolt, and it's been quite a while since I bought a CC. Was that a lucky bug? Not that I'm complaiing about getting a second pet from them
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks
http://www.swtor.com/r/Z9xhHv

blindxsecrets
11.20.2013 , 11:32 PM | #24
Can I ask anyone that's gotten the Orokeet....what image was on the card? Was it a female BH with red hair? Or something else? The Fashfire was on one with the female BH....was just curious if the Orokeet has a different character on the cover. Might be easier to find that way, so if I see it in the store I know which one to get.
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

Jerba
11.22.2013 , 08:08 PM | #25
Previously, some people were wondering because the "Model S-12 Blackbolt" looked like the Sting starship and not like the Blackbolt.
And now, when I logged in to PTR today, I discovered that they renamed the pet to "Model S-13 Sting" everywhere - in the item name/description, in the mail, in the abilitiy name/description, in the NPC name and even in the Collections interface. So it looks like there was a mix-up and you're supposed to get the Model S-13 Sting pet. Amazon.com still advertises the Model S-12 Blackbolt though.
I so wish that we would get an official response and don't need to figure this out on our own...

LtGeneralGezlin
11.25.2013 , 12:31 PM | #26
Ugh... Looks like I'll have to go to Best Buy AGAIN and get the new card. I already have the Crested Orokeet, Now I need the Flashfire. Maybe the CS people can just add the flashfire to my account... But, I doubt it.

Maybe Eric can chime in on this?
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

oofalong
11.25.2013 , 03:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Ugh... Looks like I'll have to go to Best Buy AGAIN and get the new card. I already have the Crested Orokeet, Now I need the Flashfire. Maybe the CS people can just add the flashfire to my account... But, I doubt it.

Maybe Eric can chime in on this?
What did the card look like that gave you a Crested Orokeet?
The Shadowlands
Read my Annihilation | Watchman Compendium & use my model to figure out how to best gear your toon.
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Check out my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

LtGeneralGezlin
11.25.2013 , 04:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
What did the card look like that gave you a Crested Orokeet?
http://i.imgur.com/pc2RPzo.jpg
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

oofalong
11.26.2013 , 11:03 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Thanks, that looks like the same card I got from Best Buy that gave me the Model Flashfire...
The Shadowlands
Read my Annihilation | Watchman Compendium & use my model to figure out how to best gear your toon.
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Check out my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

blindxsecrets
11.26.2013 , 03:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
Thanks, that looks like the same card I got from Best Buy that gave me the Model Flashfire...
Same. Darnit! I was hoping it would have a different character on it so I could tell them apart....
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3