Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

MasonMc
11.13.2013 , 02:32 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Oh look, another lowest-common-denominator smasher crying for a nerf to a class he can't be arsed to learn how to beat, and clearly knows nothing about.

There you go, devs:

There is the mainstream of your PvP community.

Just delete PvP from this game entirely already, please:

It's become painfully obvious that this community is not worthy of a proper PvP game, even if SW: tOR had ever been intended to be one in the first place (hint: It wasn't. Not even close.).

Jesus christ... you are such an idiot. First of all, I'm not a "Smasher" I''m combat specced, don't just assume I'm a smasher just because everyone else is.. Second, I can beat them. Never said I couldn't. Third, I'm just saying that compared to almost every class, a Sniper can just dominate them. Aside from a good Shadow. All I'm saying is for the Sniper all these little "steps" you need to take to kill them are ridiculous. No other class needs as much "care" to beat them. Get it? They can just dominate other ranged classes, they destroy melee classes. Only class that gives them trouble is a GOOD Shadow, but if the Sniper is equally skilled the Shadow could lose.

My point is, to kill a Combat Sent all you have to do is knock them back/stun them while they have the precision slash buff, that's it. Or with any Sent just knock them back/stun and we're screwed. To kill a Guardian, just simply out DPS them, no real special trick. To kill a Commando, all you pretty much have to do is interrupt grav round and they can't do much. Vanguard is the same/close enough to being a melee class. Sages, just interrupt them, that's it. Shadows can be a little tricky, but not bad. Just survive their first burst and it's okay. Get my point now?

And with Operatives... come on, anyone that hasn't played an Operative knows their stuns are annoying as hell and Operatives can be overpowered if a good player is playing as one.

midianlord
11.13.2013 , 12:35 PM | #22
Uh-huh.

In the words of Bill Cosby:

"Riiiiiiiight!"

Oh, and reported for personal attack. I'm done with you and your kind.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

MasonMc
11.13.2013 , 03:02 PM | #23
Uh-huh.

In the words of Bill Cosby:

"Riiiiiiiight!"

Oh, and reported for personal attack. I'm done with you and your kind.

So why'd you respond back? Just to say you reported me? Yeah, real mature. Also you "personally attacked" me too. Man I hate you elitist people... So full of yourself.

midianlord
11.13.2013 , 06:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MasonMc View Post
So why'd you respond back? Just to say you reported me? Yeah, real mature. Also you "personally attacked" me too. Man I hate you elitist people... So full of yourself.
Even a cursory look at my posting history will show that I am the furthest thing from an "elitist," mate.

That I have standards does not make me an elitist, although I realise all too well that those standards preclude the vast majority of current-cohort MMO players.

3/10, troll better please.

Next!

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

MasonMc
11.13.2013 , 09:01 PM | #25
Even a cursory look at my posting history will show that I am the furthest thing from an "elitist," mate.

That I have standards does not make me an elitist, although I realise all too well that those standards preclude the vast majority of current-cohort MMO players.

3/10, troll better please.

Next!
I'm not trolling, I have a pretty good argument here. And if you take a good look at the forums I'm not the only person. There are a lot of other posts about snipers/operatives being OP, or at the very least, annoying. And you might not be an elitist, but you do have a very high opinion of yourself and it just makes you look like an ***. "I'm done with you and your kind." Like... seriously? Nothing is wrong with my "kind", I'm quite intelligent. No need to say stuff like that, just because odds are, you're defending your class. (Which is reasonable)

midianlord
11.13.2013 , 09:52 PM | #26
No, you don't.

Everything in your QQ post boils down to, "OMG I CAN'T KILL IT, GIEF NUFF NAOW!!111"

You have also received ample advice in this thread, and can easily find much more throughout the forums, on how to beat us ("Us" in my case being Snipingers, as the Scouperative play-style doesn't really suit me. I don't know why you keep putting the two ACs together, they are played and designed completely differently, intended for completely different purposes.), yet you seem to be ignoring it completely. We are very beatable, but we're a thinking-person's class, and require a thinker's approach to put us down.

Sent/Mara is not. I'm sorry, but it just isn't even close. (<---And that is, and has always been, the real "problem" here, I strongly suspect.)

That tells me everything I need to know. Nothing to see here that I don't see in umpty-dozen-and-eight other useless waste-of-bandwdth kiddie-QQ threads.

Not always about Snipingers, funnily enough, but ultimately always the bloody same.

Oh, and before you accuse someone else of being high on themselves, try re-reading your last post, like, first.

Or does the English term "sanctimonious hypocrisy" have no American translation?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Beeteel
11.13.2013 , 10:38 PM | #27
OP dont worry about it. Ppl go here to get their daily drama fix mission. No matter what u say now they will show u the big *** refrigirator or whatever the hell they are carrying around.

As far as Im concerned Sniper burst is a problem. Having the CC ability AND burst is a bit much. Or roots need to count towards resolve

Ops though. They actually need a buff or a couple

IInox
11.14.2013 , 06:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ishbindeinvater View Post
you dont.

why do you use your stun breaker on the first stun?

and you are talking about operatives. a sniper would not stun and capture, he would kill you and capture :-)

really its a l2p issue!

an operative is far from OP
hey guys! i was defnding a node, a shadow sapped me out of combat, I break the CC and he lifted me so he capped my node!!!! 8s OF CC !!OP!!!!!
[Shadow Infiltration] Inox @ The Red Ecplise
New Shadow Balance in training!
All 3 Shadow/Assassin Spec Compendiums

Infiltration Shadow: Easy to learn, Hard to master, Impossible to compete. (cit.)

MasonMc
11.14.2013 , 01:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beeteel View Post
OP dont worry about it. Ppl go here to get their daily drama fix mission. No matter what u say now they will show u the big *** refrigirator or whatever the hell they are carrying around.

As far as Im concerned Sniper burst is a problem. Having the CC ability AND burst is a bit much. Or roots need to count towards resolve

Ops though. They actually need a buff or a couple
Totally agree with everything you just said. Operatives do actually pretty low damage. I wouldn't mind if they got a buff in DPS. It's just the stuns that I think are unfair and annoying.

MasonMc
11.14.2013 , 02:01 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by IInox View Post
hey guys! i was defnding a node, a shadow sapped me out of combat, I break the CC and he lifted me so he capped my node!!!! 8s OF CC !!OP!!!!!
If by "Lifted" you mean force lift, than no, that has an activation time. Easy to counter. It's not this instant area, 8 second mezz that the Operative has.