Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

TheLexinator
11.07.2013 , 09:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Keleus View Post
In a very real sense though, Operatives are a bit overpowered lol
Not in PvE

Elyons
11.07.2013 , 11:54 AM | #12
Ah dear friend, I understand your frustration. I made a thread regarding the need for Sentinels to be buffed with another CC breaking ability because of similar problems with Operatives and Snipers.

The issue isn't the requirement for Snipers and Operatives to nerfed (they are actually VERY balanced right now) the problem involves the absence of Stun/Root breaks for the Sentinel class. To be honest, were a squishy atomic bomb that can be stopped in the middle of our "bombing run" by a simply knock back and a few roots. My solution - again - is for Bioware to award the Sentinel an extra stun/root breaking ability that is UNDER a minute cooldown ( 30 seconds sounds nice.) With the 2 minute stock CC breaking skill and an exclusive 30 second CC breaking button, other classes would require a slightly more complex killing strategy in order to destroy a Sentinel/ Marauder.

PS: Sorcerers have the same advantages with the Sentinel. My suggestion is to never attack a class of the Smuggler or IA tree - and on the same note - only ever attack a Sage/sorcerer if you have ALL of your damage buffing abilities up. Typically you can only win a sorcerer group battle if you manage to DPS to death within the first 6 seconds (Which is pretty easy if your running with the combat spec)

Cheers!
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony

SDconqueror
11.08.2013 , 09:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyons View Post
Ah dear friend, I understand your frustration. I made a thread regarding the need for Sentinels to be buffed with another CC breaking ability because of similar problems with Operatives and Snipers.

The issue isn't the requirement for Snipers and Operatives to nerfed (they are actually VERY balanced right now) the problem involves the absence of Stun/Root breaks for the Sentinel class. To be honest, were a squishy atomic bomb that can be stopped in the middle of our "bombing run" by a simply knock back and a few roots. My solution - again - is for Bioware to award the Sentinel an extra stun/root breaking ability that is UNDER a minute cooldown ( 30 seconds sounds nice.) With the 2 minute stock CC breaking skill and an exclusive 30 second CC breaking button, other classes would require a slightly more complex killing strategy in order to destroy a Sentinel/ Marauder.

PS: Sorcerers have the same advantages with the Sentinel. My suggestion is to never attack a class of the Smuggler or IA tree - and on the same note - only ever attack a Sage/sorcerer if you have ALL of your damage buffing abilities up. Typically you can only win a sorcerer group battle if you manage to DPS to death within the first 6 seconds (Which is pretty easy if your running with the combat spec)

Cheers!
A 30second exclusive CC button for the sentinel/marauder??

Then I demand for my sorc a 30 second Force Barrier bubble that isn't static, with its CD refreshed everytime I get an assist.

dbears
11.08.2013 , 12:04 PM | #14
I feel like you (the OP) thinks you should be able to beat every class every time. There are some classes that are much more difficult for your class to beat, as you've discovered. Better management of your cooldowns, like your cc breaker as others have commented, would go a long way to increasing your survivability.

Keep in mind too that not every fight is a fight to the death. If your not going to win, or you see them pop a very big cooldown, Force Camo and hide until it goes away.

Make sure you use your slow as your first move. It will decrease they're moving speed and most importantly, they're roll distance, allowing you to close the gap more easily. Depending on your spec, Force Camo breaks roots, or you have a second leap that you can use to reclose the gap.

You have tools. Use them better.

Korevas
11.09.2013 , 06:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyons View Post
My solution - again - is for Bioware to award the Sentinel an extra stun/root breaking ability that is UNDER a minute cooldown ( 30 seconds sounds nice.) With the 2 minute stock CC breaking skill and an exclusive 30 second CC breaking button, other classes would require a slightly more complex killing strategy in order to destroy a Sentinel/ Marauder.
I sincerely hope you are trolling. Another 30s cc break on top of the 2 min cc break everybody gets is just comically op, especially on what is regarded as one of the best classes already.

Dozoku
11.10.2013 , 03:22 AM | #16
All that i got from this thread is that he is un skilled. A person that plays senti, the best dps class in game is saying that a operative is op? sure buddy, let's not talk about your god mode, force choke(which is kinda a stun if u think about it) your regular stun skill, and the fact that you can slow people down to do insane damage.

midianlord
11.11.2013 , 10:53 AM | #17
Oh look, another lowest-common-denominator smasher crying for a nerf to a class he can't be arsed to learn how to beat, and clearly knows nothing about.

There you go, devs:

There is the mainstream of your PvP community.

Just delete PvP from this game entirely already, please:

It's become painfully obvious that this community is not worthy of a proper PvP game, even if SW: tOR had ever been intended to be one in the first place (hint: It wasn't. Not even close.).
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Hangslow
11.11.2013 , 12:09 PM | #18
What is this? a sentinel is QQing about not being able to kill a specific class? Get over it. Every class is supposed to have a counter. That's what makes pvp exactly that. Just because a class mechanic doesn't allow you to faceroll in pvp doesn't mean that a they should get nerfed or maras/sents should get buffed. You have charge, obliterate if you spec rage, your ravage/master strike immobilizes if you spec carnage, you have force camo, saber ward, endless rage, and the list goes on. You already have so much utility to close gaps and survive. Please, do not even talk about nerfing agents/smugglers because they are in a good spot right now. Maras/sents don't need a buff either. but rather you just need to learn your class.

I'm an assassin. Any class when played well can be frustrating beyond belief but I know how to take them out because I know the ins and outs of my class. Do some research and maybe you can be a decent warrior.

Ynneed
11.11.2013 , 08:42 PM | #19
So your answer for operative and snipers being hard to kill is to make the sentinel have even more cc breakers have the highest damage(uninterrupted) and have a gap closer that goes through entrench. That doesn't sounds unfair at all.

MasonMc
11.13.2013 , 02:18 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ynneed View Post
So your answer for operative and snipers being hard to kill is to make the sentinel have even more cc breakers have the highest damage(uninterrupted) and have a gap closer that goes through entrench. That doesn't sounds unfair at all.
I'm not asking for that, I said nothing about have more CC breakers.