Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any LGBT guilds on Harbinger?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Any LGBT guilds on Harbinger?

Mounds
10.30.2013 , 03:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
And some people are very open about their life and don't want to be attacked for it. So, LGBT friendly guilds, women friendly guilds etc.
if you choose to be open then you leave yourself open to whatever is out there
most people dont know im christian cause i dot go hi im .... and im christian
they find out otherways but i dont just tell everyone.

thats all im saying different types of guilds are fibe but dont conplain about being harrassed if you choose to be open on the internet.( it can and is a cruel place)

btw my last msg wasnt an attack or this one just an opinion and experience of what ive seen while i have gamed

Tatile
10.30.2013 , 03:14 PM | #22
Ah yes, of course, victim blaming, because it is absolutely impossible to keep your opinions to yourself. Hate isn't like rain.

chuixupu
10.30.2013 , 03:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mounds View Post
if you choose to be open then you leave yourself open to whatever is out there
most people dont know im christian cause i dot go hi im .... and im christian
they find out otherways but i dont just tell everyone.

thats all im saying different types of guilds are fibe but dont conplain about being harrassed if you choose to be open on the internet.( it can and is a cruel place)

btw my last msg wasnt an attack or this one just an opinion and experience of what ive seen while i have gamed
And that's why people create guilds that are safe environment for those living in a still cruel world. Because this is a social game where people in guilds often get on voice coms, talk about personal things going on in their lives, and even get together in real life to meet (both the guilds I'm in do this all the time). Not everyone is content to hide important aspects of who they are. And some people run into disastrous results when others "find out" the thing they are hiding.

And my goodness, what a horrible attitude to have. Yes, the internet is a cruel place, that doesn't mean we should shut up and take it. That attitude went so well in the work force for so long.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Mounds
10.30.2013 , 03:48 PM | #24
Ah yes, of course, victim blaming, because it is absolutely impossible to keep your opinions to yourself. Hate isn't like rain.
i never believe in blaming a victim
eg. to me just because a woman wears froming tooo revealing isnt a case to jutify rape. Just because people are openly gay can NEVER justify abbusive behavior vebaly or phyiscally.
just like because im a christian doesnt give anyone the right to attack me .

all im saying is what we really need is just understanding and not to ask for special treatment.
The sad thing is its not a wise thing to advertise about any type of guild thta isnt just pure gaming like christian, LG types cause they get trolled by jerks..

these jerks are why idont express my faith or other stuff because i just want to log on and enjoy the game and not care about the outside world. LGTG guilds are fine as long as they dont dowhat ive seen alot do from WoW and start be demanding and such.

I most likely didnt come off right in previous posts but was like oh no not these type of posts (again not the best thought to have but seen too. many)

btw I only found 1 guild that doesnt alllow 1 swear word or any bad talk about anyone and that was guild mediviel that is in neverwinter now.

all i look for in a guild is nice people (hopefully clean language) and most of all drama free and that the type of guild doesnt matter to me as long and im welcome. now im not a raider so i cant see me being welcome in that type of guild and im fine with it.

i betterstop now anyways to each their own

chuixupu
10.30.2013 , 03:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mounds View Post

all im saying is what we really need is just understanding and not to ask for special treatment.
The sad thing is its not a wise thing to advertise about any type of guild thta isnt just pure gaming like christian, LG types cause they get trolled by jerks..
Nobody is asking for special treatment. Where do you get that from? Creating a guild is special treatment now?
I've seen the threads for Christian guild recruitment and they're actually not really all that trolled. You'll always get one or two people doing what people are doing in this thread, but that's expected and it shouldn't deter anyone.

Quote:
these jerks are why idont express my faith or other stuff because i just want to log on and enjoy the game and not care about the outside world.
That's your prerogative to be secretive and that's fine. But you can't expect everyone to want to do the same as you, nor should they.

Quote:
LGTG guilds are fine as long as they dont dowhat ive seen alot do from WoW and start be demanding and such.
Demanding what? I've played on Proudmoore US since 2006 and never seen any "demands" from the guilds there.

Quote:
all i look for in a guild is nice people (hopefully clean language) and most of all drama free and that the type of guild doesnt matter to me as long and im welcome. now im not a raider so i cant see me being welcome in that type of guild and im fine with it.
Well, good for you, but I wouldn't be, and I'd probably go start a guild that had more like-minded people so I could enjoy the game more myself.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
10.30.2013 , 04:24 PM | #26
Well, for a lot of people, being not able-bodied cis het white male and asking to be treated with respect and dignity (i.e. like a human being) is asking for "special treatment".

"Hey, could you not kick me in the shins all the time?"
"Oh my god! People very rarely step on my toes! How dare you ask for special treatment?!"
"Uhh, right... just stop kicking me in the shins, dude."
"Oh my god, you're such a drama queen!"

KaliMagdalene
10.30.2013 , 04:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
Then maybe I should start a christian guild? We get killed over being what we are right?
Not typically in the US, Europe, or Australia. There is real religious persecution against Christians, but you've probably never experienced it.

Quote:
People should join these lgbt guilds because people get beaten up or murdered in real life? You serious bro?

You people are funny.
That wasn't the point. That was an example of why people might seek out LGBT guilds. There are many reasons for people choosing an LGBT-friendly guild (I have never heard of one that restricts cis straight people from joining).

KaliMagdalene
10.30.2013 , 04:47 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TeH-DeVa View Post
It's not a matter not letting people join whatever guild they want. It's just sad that the LGBT screams for equality and to be accepted by society but then comes out and mentions "LGBT" guilds. Discrimination against race, gender, or preferences can never end as long as they keep making the note in peoples mind that they are different. So as long as they try and act like they need their own guilds instead of searching through the 100s that already exist with no jerks like everyone else does everyone else will keep the little "hey they are different" in their minds and just keep being mean to them!
This is nonsense. The difference is already marked and noted. It is not something that people in the LGBT community invented. In fact, organizing around these particular labels (LGBT) led to progress in terms of human rights for people who fit into one or more of those categories.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and trans people do not bring discrimination and prejudice upon themselves for being open about existing. That's all on people who make it an issue and attack them for it. You're blaming them for the discrimination leveled at them.

There's no reason such guilds shouldn't exist, and really anyone who doesn't agree with their existence would be better served just ignoring threads like these and sticking to what they do like.

KaliMagdalene
10.30.2013 , 04:52 PM | #29
Well, for a lot of people, being not able-bodied cis het white male and asking to be treated with respect and dignity (i.e. like a human being) is asking for "special treatment".

"Hey, could you not kick me in the shins all the time?"
"Oh my god! People very rarely step on my toes! How dare you ask for special treatment?!"
"Uhh, right... just stop kicking me in the shins, dude."
"Oh my god, you're such a drama queen!"
Yes.

Or if you identify yourself as not any of those things (able-bodied, cis, het, white, male) then you are only bringing any discrimination and hate you experience down on yourself. But that's not victim blaming because you're asking for special treatment and so the circle goes.

Mounds
10.30.2013 , 05:18 PM | #30
im going to stop what i have been trying to say is coming out wrong
not trying to be mean or pushy so im done
sorry about this