Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any LGBT guilds on Harbinger?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Any LGBT guilds on Harbinger?

Tatile
10.30.2013 , 07:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
I really should start a hetero guild.
Because straight people really need a place where they won't be harassed, abused and threatened, right?

slafko
10.30.2013 , 07:40 AM | #12
Are you actually saying that straight people do not get harrassed, threatened or bullied?

YesterdaysRepeat
10.30.2013 , 07:52 AM | #13
Pretty sure they are more referring to -what- people are being harrassed for. Straight people don't usually get harrassed for being straight. Or end up beaten up or murdered over it. It's not really a common thing.

jankiel
10.30.2013 , 08:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by YesterdaysRepeat View Post
Pretty sure they are more referring to -what- people are being harrassed for. Straight people don't usually get harrassed for being straight. Or end up beaten up or murdered over it. It's not really a common thing.
Then maybe I should start a christian guild? We get killed over being what we are right?

People should join these lgbt guilds because people get beaten up or murdered in real life? You serious bro?

You people are funny.
Coris of The Progenitor
Mandalorian Hunters & Razorwing

Malchan
10.30.2013 , 11:55 AM | #15
Then maybe I should start a christian guild? We get killed over being what we are right?

People should join these lgbt guilds because people get beaten up or murdered in real life? You serious bro?

You people are funny.
The whole point of like minded guilds is to find and play with like minded people. Well to me that is what guilds are for, they are for people of like mind or like interest.

TeH-DeVa
10.30.2013 , 12:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Malchan View Post
The whole point of like minded guilds is to find and play with like minded people. Well to me that is what guilds are for, they are for people of like mind or like interest.
So if it's not anything to do with real life murder and only like mindedness than a hetero guild would be good just for like mindedness right?
The BellHat Legacy
Forever rocking the Bell Hat!
Beleka! The tiny but legendary Chiss Merc Arsenal of the Jung Ma Server
-The Legendary Bounty Hunter 'Deva' Path of the Starsider and Bria server in SWG-

chuixupu
10.30.2013 , 12:41 PM | #17

You people are funny.
There are lots of Christian guilds out there, actually!

And no, people don't join them for that reason, they join them because they're fun. Not sure why you have such a problem with it. Let people join whatever guild they want and enjoy the game.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

TeH-DeVa
10.30.2013 , 12:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post

And no, people don't join them for that reason, they join them because they're fun. Not sure why you have such a problem with it. Let people join whatever guild they want and enjoy the game.
It's not a matter not letting people join whatever guild they want. It's just sad that the LGBT screams for equality and to be accepted by society but then comes out and mentions "LGBT" guilds. Discrimination against race, gender, or preferences can never end as long as they keep making the note in peoples mind that they are different. So as long as they try and act like they need their own guilds instead of searching through the 100s that already exist with no jerks like everyone else does everyone else will keep the little "hey they are different" in their minds and just keep being mean to them!
The BellHat Legacy
Forever rocking the Bell Hat!
Beleka! The tiny but legendary Chiss Merc Arsenal of the Jung Ma Server
-The Legendary Bounty Hunter 'Deva' Path of the Starsider and Bria server in SWG-

chuixupu
10.30.2013 , 12:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TeH-DeVa View Post
It's not a matter not letting people join whatever guild they want. It's just sad that the LGBT screams for equality and to be accepted by society but then comes out and mentions "LGBT" guilds. Discrimination against race, gender, or preferences can never end as long as they keep making the note in peoples mind that they are different. So as long as they try and act like they need their own guilds instead of searching through the 100s that already exist with no jerks like everyone else does everyone else will keep the little "hey they are different" in their minds and just keep being mean to them!
It's ok to be different. We're never going to get to a point in society where we are all identical in every way. Treating each other with equality and respect despite our differences is what is important, not pretending that we're all the same.

In the case of creating guilds, we have a lot of options for a reason. Not all gay people actually want to be in a LGBT guild. Not all Christians want to be in a Christian guild. Not all older people want to be in a "mature" guild. But there's no point in getting upset over their existence. You will probably never see any of them in game.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

jankiel
10.30.2013 , 02:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post

Oh I have no problem, people do and will as they want. Im pretty liberal in life. Was just interested why some guilds focus over LGBT. National guilds on Europan servers are kind of understandable. Guilds focused around sexual preferences? Thats sort of odd for me.

Each to his own. I think.
Coris of The Progenitor
Mandalorian Hunters & Razorwing