Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware is sitting on a PvP-driven goldmine!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware is sitting on a PvP-driven goldmine!

Lunafox
10.26.2013 , 03:35 AM | #11
Funny, this guy said he wasn't 'a gaming legend' but he's posting like one. That's not a compliment.

And no, the last thing I want is to have to beat the crap out of someone to have to get a crafting resource. It's bad enough I lag, and people beat me to picking things. -_-

I don't care for anything on the OP's wall of crazy. To that stuff, I say a resounding No Thanks.
My debut novel ETERNITY AWAITS available now!

Tahra
10.26.2013 , 03:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Everyone who enjoys PvP in SWTOR let´s join together on this little "wall of crazy" thread.

Some facts beforehand:

Fact 1: PvP driven games are the most successful on today´s PC market (WoT, LoL and DOTA2)
Source?
Fact 2: Warzones in SWTOR are part of the most played content in SWTOR
Source?
Fact 3: Galactic Starfighter is purely PVP driven (probably also due to major problems with adding NPC AI)
Sadly yes, this is apparently a fact.
Fact 4: PvP in SWTOR is actually pretty damn FUN
This is opinion. Not fact at all.

So yeah.

DarthKaldriss
10.26.2013 , 03:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Neglience View Post
another fact:

bioware doesnt have the skill, ressources and time do do any of what you want. thats why they did 4on4 arenas, because they take the least development power.
Opinion that's an opinion not a fact.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun !!

Neglience
10.26.2013 , 04:02 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKaldriss View Post
Opinion that's an opinion not a fact.
yes all these great pvp things which came out the last two years prove me wrong

darkov
10.26.2013 , 04:03 AM | #15
Actually, Candy Crush Saga is the most popular PC game at the moment... so I guess we should be asking BioWare for a match-3 game for SWTOR's next expansion?

Pathlight-
10.26.2013 , 04:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahra View Post
Everyone who enjoys PvP in SWTOR let´s join together on this little "wall of crazy" thread.
Some facts beforehand:
Fact 1: PvP driven games are the most successful on today´s PC market (WoT, LoL and DOTA2)
Source?

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/dota-2-beats-league-of-legends-as-most-played-pc-game/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-10-dota-2-passes-league-of-legends-as-most-played-pc-game

Source?
Fact 3: Galactic Starfighter is purely PVP driven (probably also due to major problems with adding NPC AI)
Sadly yes, this is apparently a fact.
This is opinion. Not fact at all.So yeah.
Check out those links.

Palar
10.26.2013 , 04:09 AM | #17
I'm not seeing the immediate correlation between 'most played' and 'most successful'.

MajikMyst
10.26.2013 , 04:29 AM | #18
I did, which one do you not agree with?
Well...

All of them.. 3 is simple you showing how uninformed you are.. 4 is just your opinion.. 1 & 2 are completely baseless and without any evidence to support the claims..

Ok.. We get it.. You love PVP.. Good for you.. But PVP isn't the be all end all when it comes to gaming.. Maybe you think it is.. But it isn't.. WOW is arguably the most successful MMO in history... Yet, PVP is one of the smallest portions of that game.. I can't think of a single PVP driven game that relies completely on PVP for it's success.. Which would be required for #1..

World of tank?? I am sure most people haven't even heard of it.. It is hardly a success.. Not something someone will see at their local game stop.. It is a freebie game you download off the net..

League of Legends.. Again.. Free to play.. So for evidence of your claim you give us two free to play games?? That is successful??

Dota2 has a good following.. But seriously.. I don't think it supports the claim you are making..

So like I said.. Let me know when you actually state a fact..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

ralphieceaser
10.26.2013 , 04:43 AM | #19
swtor pvp is actually very good compared to other games

guild wars 2/tsw/neverwinter= are just spam 2 first attacks and randomly use 30 sec cooldown skills
rift= incredibly slow animations, half the trees are weak and balance is an even more epic failure than here
tera= limited class options
wow= it just got boring and outdated, although i miss the cute pandas

also the fact that bioware doesnt have the skill to create good pvp is a fact because everyone with half a brain cell can see that, expect biased fanboys of course

Korevas
10.26.2013 , 04:43 AM | #20
Starting out with a collection of questionable opinions presented as "facts" (despite having zero evidence to back them up whatsoever) for premises is probably the worst way to start a thread. Then, you follow through with another baseless assumption about the game's general direction and end up with suggestions that are not only just barely lined out, but would require a complete overhaul of existing systems and redoing almost half the game.

Seriously, in what world do you think a developer would read through this and be like "oh yeah, great idea. Let's just trash everything we have worked on so far, hire the boatloads of programmers we'd need for this plan, because that random guy on the internet wrote a bunch of "facts" that are extremely loosely connected to our product!"

I know it's the internet and everything, but goddamit this thread is a complete waste of time, another 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.