Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware is sitting on a PvP-driven goldmine!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware is sitting on a PvP-driven goldmine!

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.26.2013 , 01:16 AM | #1
Everyone who enjoys PvP in SWTOR letīs join together on this little "wall of crazy" thread.

Some facts beforehand:

Fact 1: PvP driven games are the most successful on todayīs PC market (WoT, LoL and DOTA2)
Fact 2: Warzones in SWTOR are part of the most played content in SWTOR
Fact 3: Galactic Starfighter is purely PVP driven (probably also due to major problems with adding NPC AI)
Fact 4: PvP in SWTOR is actually pretty damn FUN

maybe, maybe BW has noticed that and is now shifting into PvP driven concepts for the game!
Evidence:
- new PvP 4 vs 4 arenas
- GS expansion

I like this trend so letīs suggest some crazy ideas, here are mine:

1. PvP raid bosses
Let players queue up to control raid bosses and bring PvE and PvP closer together. Wouldnīt it be fun to control a Rancor from time to time?

2. PvP puzzle raids
Expand the warzone concept and create "scenarios". Two teams, 12 vs 12 on a station, on a struggle against time repairing or sabotaging systems, solve random puzzles and minigames and also throw NPCs into the mix

3. Rip off a DOTA 2 map
Two teams, 8 vs 8, plus NPC support for both teams, destroy multiple objectives on an expansive map

4. Expand the GS expansion with things which donīt require AI and work in a player driven 24-player PvP limit environment
100+ sector instances, asteroid mining, trading, stations to land on, capital ship combat, multiple ship types
Be a merchant, a smuggler, a pirate in a player driven space economy and compete with other players. Who needs NPCs in space anyway when you have human I instead of AI to take control?

5. Crafting and PvP!
Create a PvP scenario which involves crafting
Collect limited ressources in a PvP scenario, craft a superweapon, build turrets, build combat droids, repair surveillance cameras

6. the Ultimate experience:
MERGE REPUBLIC AND IMPERIAL PLANETARY ZONES into the same world and make them accessible to both factions
Enable sieges on the other faction areas
Create random dynamic events where you can join in with NPC attacks on both sides

and finally:
7. The PvP fleet invasion (Could be a daily or weekly mission)
Offer 24 player restriced versions of both fleets
Infiltrate the other faction fleet and eradicate the invasion

ZETA_SCORPII
10.26.2013 , 01:43 AM | #2
I like how pubs have been invading the imperial base on Oricon, it gives those who enjoy pvp something to do and gives those of us who don't normally queue for pvp a chance to battle other players.

GalacticKegger
10.26.2013 , 01:45 AM | #3
My idea of the perfect SWTOR PvP is for guild capital ships to challenge and invade other guild capital ships. Here's the visual ... right in the middle of target dummy competitions in the hangar bay, a team of Sith DPSers competing for bigger dick rights see a hangar bay bulkhead explode from the penetration of republic guild docking platforms ... as a division of Rep forces prepare to invade the Sith Flagship ... A genuine "oh sh** moment.

How cool would THAT be?
If you once enjoyed the game but no longer do because of changes that were made, then you owe it to the game, yourself and others in your same situation to be not just heard but acknowledged and fully understood.

Galactic Command is like VX nerve gas. It never should have happened. #RemoveRNG

befear
10.26.2013 , 01:47 AM | #4
Kinda off topic sorry, but i don't really understand how people relate the pvp we have now with GS? they are 2 completely different systems and appeal to different people for the most part. good post non the sense

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.26.2013 , 01:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by befear View Post
Kinda off topic sorry, but i don't really understand how people relate the pvp we have now with GS? they are 2 completely different systems and appeal to different people for the most part. good post non the sense
because itīs more about the general approach if you let players rather beat up

A) scripted AI mobs
or
B) each other in a non scripted, non predictable ways and different scenarios

B) is definitely the more interesting concept

MajikMyst
10.26.2013 , 02:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Everyone who enjoys PvP in SWTOR letīs join together on this little "wall of crazy" thread.

Some facts beforehand:
When you actually post a fact.. Let me know..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

befear
10.26.2013 , 02:09 AM | #7
because itīs more about the general approach if you let players rather beat up

A) scripted AI mobs
or
B) each other in a non scripted, non predictable ways and different scenarios

B) is definitely the more interesting concept
that's what always thought. regardless of pve or pvp you will still be shooting at ships haha

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.26.2013 , 02:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
When you actually post a fact.. Let me know..
I did, which one do you not agree with?

OddballEasyEight
10.26.2013 , 02:32 AM | #9
I did, which one do you not agree with?
If they were facts he wouldn't have to agree with them at all.

But just for the fun of it

Quote:

Fact 1: PvP driven games are the most successful on todayīs PC market (WoT, LoL and DOTA2)

Oh do please show me the list that sais that those are the MOST successful ones on todays PC market. And that is still besides the point since the PvP in WoT and the likes is completely different from PvP in SWTOR. It would be like adding racing games to PvP content just because you play against other players.

Fact 2: Warzones in SWTOR are part of the most played content in SWTOR

How would you know that? I would say that the single player content is by far the most played content.

Fact 3: Galactic Starfighter is purely PVP driven (probably also due to major problems with adding NPC AI)

Yes, This is a fact. Has nothing to do with the discussion, but yes, it is a fact.

Fact 4: PvP in SWTOR is actually pretty damn FUN

Not a fact, an opinion. I personally think the PvP in SWTOR is pretty dull. It is a FACT that i have that OPINION, but that does not make my OPINION a FACT.

Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Neglience
10.26.2013 , 03:08 AM | #10
another fact:

bioware doesnt have the skill, ressources and time do do any of what you want. thats why they did 4on4 arenas, because they take the least development power.
FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription and some of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link
I am also getting something out of it so THANKS! =)