Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best republic class story ?

WestXv
10.25.2013 , 11:22 PM | #21
Has anyone played a neutral with warrior?

If so can you spoiler anything about what happens at a certain body of mirror like water and when a certain apprentice "looks" at you? I've seen both light and dark versions of those 2 events but have yet to see the neutral version of it.
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....

Elidhan
10.26.2013 , 01:21 AM | #22
Seeing JK story compared to a kind of kotor 3 has me very intrigued as I loved kotor 1 and 2 so much.

Some of you guys got me curious about the consular as well. Most say it's boring, and a few seemed to love it, dunno what to make of that.

At any rate, the Smuggler seems to be very interesting but I already played too much of the Operative and I want something different gameplay wise. I could perhaps do a gunslinger instead of a scoundrel but still... Trooper doesn't sound too convincing as far as story is concerned. So JK or Consular it's gonna be !

Thanks again for all the feedback, it's really appreciated.

Fantazm
10.26.2013 , 02:30 AM | #23
Consular was dull as ditchwater until chapter 3.

Rafaman
10.26.2013 , 03:07 AM | #24
IMO,

-Chapter 3 did not save the Consular story. It is quite possibly the worst story in the game. When I finished Corellia, I kept searching for more... couldn't believe that was it.

-The Trooper story is the most underrated. Not the best, but a very interesting story. By the end, I truly understood what it meant to be a grunt and the hypocrisy of pub side politics. Oh, and.. yeah, you truly do make some life and death decisions and that is all I will say about that.

-The Smuggie story had a nice bit of comic relief. And if you chose to be truly rouguish there is surprise or two as well. Loved Risha's reaction to what I did. Lol. Yes, she was my romantic interest. But the story fell short right at the very end... it just didn't come together very well. You will see what I mean.

-JK, well, it has been covered. I will say though that it was the best story. All the tropes are there, but your interaction with your companions is much more significant and impacting IMO. And one companion ties everything right back to the books if you have read them. Very well done IMO. Worth the play through.

Lunafox
10.26.2013 , 03:28 AM | #25
For me, I preferred Jedi Knight's story over any others on the Republic side. A close second goes to Smuggler.

I was utterly and completely bored by Jedi consular, and Trooper. Trooper even made me a bit mad when I was playing, because I was playing with my hubby, and saw the differences between the male and female storyline, and female trooper, is horrible and dull. It probably doesn't help that I can't stand the romance companion, for anything besides a throw rug. Then again, I couldn't stand Dorn either. I wanted to throw her off the ship, and spent most of my time being mean to her lol. Trooper doesn't have a lot of appealing companions, as far as I'm concerned, but that's just me. I think the robot that sounds like Roger Ramjet was probably the best one.
Check out my novel! ETERNITY AWAITS

Rafaman
10.26.2013 , 03:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
For me, I preferred Jedi Knight's story over any others on the Republic side. A close second goes to Smuggler.

I was utterly and completely bored by Jedi consular, and Trooper. Trooper even made me a bit mad when I was playing, because I was playing with my hubby, and saw the differences between the male and female storyline, and female trooper, is horrible and dull. It probably doesn't help that I can't stand the romance companion, for anything besides a throw rug. Then again, I couldn't stand Dorn either. I wanted to throw her off the ship, and spent most of my time being mean to her lol. Trooper doesn't have a lot of appealing companions, as far as I'm concerned, but that's just me. I think the robot that sounds like Roger Ramjet was probably the best one.
Interesting. I didn't think about what the differences may be between a male and a female story. And I too think the companions were a bit dull although I did like Dorn when she started opening up a little.

And the Trooper story did make me mad but not for the reasons you describe. The trooper faces some untenable situations inside and outside of the Senate Chamber. It did make me mad when, well, politics got in the way. It made me mad when it became obvious that for many, troopers are just pawns in the game. But... eliciting that kind of reaction is also what made it a good story. I truly felt their plight.

darkov
10.26.2013 , 04:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
Without going spoiler heavy I would rate them in order of preference:

1st) Smuggler, you get a wookiee companion, some of the best dialogue and I was always a fan of Han Solo and the Millenium Falcon. (Imperial Agent)

2nd) Consular, first chapter is slow but has possibly the strongest end chapter of the four. (Inquisitor)

3rd) Trooper, best prologue of the four rep stories but fails to build on it and the theme gets very repetitive. (Bounty Hunter)

4th) Jedi Knight, you are the chosen one, possibly the most cliché filled storyline of the eight with pretty obvious ending. (Warrior)

To be honest the basic feel of the story line has a close correlation with their Imperial mirror. So if there is an Imperial class you enjoyed the story of there's a good chance the mirror will be for you with maybe the exception of the Jedi Knight. Loved the Sith warrior story, JK left me cold.
Spot on, I was actually disappointed with the Jedi Knight story because it was so cliché and in comparison to all seven other stories, very over the top (almost ridiculous).

RixoFutu
10.26.2013 , 05:11 AM | #28
I've played all of them. By me, it's - Jedi Knight, Trooper, Smuggler, Consular. From best to the worse.
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Prisoner
10.26.2013 , 05:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Interesting. I didn't think about what the differences may be between a male and a female story. And I too think the companions were a bit dull although I did like Dorn when she started opening up a little.
Meh. I played a female trooper and I absolutely loved it. At least to me, the romance with Jorgan is the most interesting, nuanced and amusing one in the game and I think it's a shame that most people don't even give it a chance. And on the flipside, if you decide to troll him instead and take some of the amusing dialogue cheap shots, he has the most entertaining reactions (Try throwing him in front of the bus with Garza. Hilarious.) Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
And the Trooper story did make me mad but not for the reasons you describe. The trooper faces some untenable situations inside and outside of the Senate Chamber. It did make me mad when, well, politics got in the way. It made me mad when it became obvious that for many troopers are just pawns in the game. But... eliciting that kind of reaction is also what made it a good story. I truly felt their plight.
Yeah, that was my favorite part about the story line actually, and why I personaly found the prologue and first act so strong. It's kind of a shame that after Act one, the story gets so generic, because when they focus on what it is to be a grunt on the ground in the midst of politicing and god like force users, it's really good. Almost like the republic mirror of the Agent story, or at least it could have been if they pushed those themes more. I feel like Biowae missed an opporunity for something genuinely interesting there.

And as far as which story is the best? I dunno, I think they all have their weak and strong points other than the JC story which I thought to be a tedious bore even with a darkside five toon. But even that's highly subjective, because I know quite a few people who really enjoyed it. Which is kind of neat, actually, that Bioware was able to develop something for just about everyone.

Gokkus
10.26.2013 , 06:31 AM | #30
Jedi Knight...epicness plus some very nice companions. I understand the cliche argument made here but honestly, I want to be the hero that saves the galaxy. Plus the end of chapter 3 is the best of all the classes because of where you go.

I very much enjoyed the last chapter of the consular though the ending was a bit meager. Honestly though, compared to the JK ending, most endings are meager.

Smuggler rates lowest for me, never felt the epicness I like so much.

DS Trooper was a bit meh for me. Seriously the things I did should have gotten me kicked out of the army and all you get is a slap on the wrist...BUT one of the funniest lines came from my DS Trooper: "Ill remember that next time Im a wompa", hehe played that five times over.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!